Weird quirks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
Do you have any weird quirks that you just can't help that other people think your nuts??
I have a few:angel:
I absolutely, CANNOT, sleep in a bed that is not made. DH is still in bed when I leave in the morning so I dont' get to make the bed until I get home. I have to shake out the bottom one, no wrinkles and then put each layer on without wrinkles. DH will come in and throw all of his over to the middle and I always have to fix it so that my side is still flat and unwrinkled.

The other is, there is only one kind of plate that I will eat off of because I cannot stand and pattern that my utensils will scrape against.

There is only one fork I will use. It is the only one of it too. I think it was left here from a party. Noone else in the house is allowed to use it. If they have, they learned real quick not to. I will take it from them mid bite if I had to:huh::-p
One more, I CANNOT eat from thick utensils. They have to be thin. I don't know why, so don't ask. I just can't. I've wondered if any of this is a form of OCD or just being weird?!

Come on, show me I'm not the only weirdo, PLEASE?? lol

Lol... you're not weird. I think we all have stuff like that. I cant eat out of styrofome (sp?) Anything that comes in it like sides at a resturaunt I have to dump out. I can't handle a utensil scraping the side.

Another thing is the sound of someone ripping up iceburg lettuce is like nails on a chalk board. When my mom used to break it up to make salad I would have to leave the room. And by the way, actual nails on a chalk board... could care less lol.

Lol... you're not weird. I think we all have stuff like that. I cant eat out of styrofome (sp?) Anything that comes in it like sides at a resturaunt I have to dump out. I can't handle a utensil scraping the side.

Another thing is the sound of someone ripping up iceburg lettuce is like nails on a chalk board. When my mom used to break it up to make salad I would have to leave the room. And by the way, actual nails on a chalk board... could care less lol.

LOL, I'm that way with cross patterns like jeans. My class used to have the story books that had that had that pattern on the front where the picture changed on movement. Those little stickers that you get from the bubble gum machines are like that too. EWWWWW, I get chills just thinking about it:LOL: Chalkboards don't bother me either.

i hate stairs. they stress me out.
& if stuff isn't turned just so, i adjust that.

We have two doors to the kitchen, the one from the dining room has a single light switch, the other comes from the back porch and the garage, It has two light switches..I only use it the other single one has to be on the on position wo that the two match up..DH, loves to go in and flip the single to the off position..He knows it makes me nuts..I don't like to feel closed in, dh makes sure he goes through the house at night, closing every shade and curtain..If I crack the shutters over the kitchen window he goes balistic..someone might look in from the street, see the tops of our heads and shoot at us..Yup,right...Now I go balistic at people who cannot funtion at all at anything without a phone slapped to their ear..Example, we were grocery shopping today and discussing which product to buy, some lady who was stopped and leaning on her basket yakking away, turned around and said would you be quiet or move I'm talking...Oh boy good thing dh was with me cuz, she came close to a not so polite response...
Enough though I'm really easy going and not to fussy:ROFLMAO:
kadesma

Now I go balistic at people who cannot funtion at all at anything without a phone slapped to their ear..Example, we were grocery shopping today and discussing which product to buy, some lady who was stopped and leaning on her basket yakking away, turned around and said would you be quiet or move I'm talking...Oh boy good thing dh was with me cuz, she came close to a not so polite response...
:ROFLMAO:
kadesma

OMG, kades! That may be the worst example of cell phone idiocy I've heard yet! What DID you and DH do? I'm furious just sitting here in Boston, THINKING about it!

I am getting worse and worse about my hatred of cell phone rudeness. I guess that is considered a quirk, because it doesn't seem to bothers others as much as it does me. I carry a cell for emergencies and maybe use it twice a year.

Lee

Lee,
dh started to walk away as did I, but, when she grumbled about how rude we were, I whispered as I walked by, keep it up lady and you will be wearing it not talking on it...:ROFLMAO:

kades

I will not drink out of a glass unless it has something in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding, mine is someone calling on the phone and when I answer they say "who am I speaking to", I always say the last person in the world you wish to be on the phone with right now! By nature I am a VERY low key person until this happens.

JD

lol, babe. no one has used a derringer to shoot anyone since people drank bathtub gin and talking movies were the cat's pajamas! :cool:

but still, good for you kads.

i don't have any weird quirks. all of them have perfectly goods explanations, so they're not weird.

I have a certain way of using bath towels. If I don't have one at all, I get a clean one when I am going to take a shower. When I have finished drying, I put it on the towel rack and use it to dry my hands. The next time I take a shower, I get a clean towel for my hair, and I use the other one for my body. Then the old one goes in the hamper and the new one is used to dry my hands. If no one messes with it, it is a great rotation system.

That being said, DO NOT USE MY TOWEL!!! James still has a problem understanding how strongly I feel about it and will often use it. I told him that if he is going to use my towel, to throw it in the hamper when he is done, and get me a new one. He is getting a little better about it, but he still has a way to go!

I've got more quirks, but that is good for now. :cool:

:)Barbara

lol, babe. no one has used a derringer to shoot anyone since people drank bathtub gin and talking movies were the cat's pajamas! :cool:

but still, good for you kads.

i don't have any weird quirks. all of them have perfectly goods explanations, so they're not weird.

a small joke, very small i know, but a joke nevertheless.
babe:ROFLMAO:

a small joke, very small i know, but a joke nevertheless.
babe:ROFLMAO:
Joke or not, Dh and I were held up one time by a fellow with a derringer...and a second gun in the waistband..He was so high on drugs, he walked right by me and I got up,went next door and called the cops..He and DH proceded to tear the store apart..DH won..the next day was when the nightmares began though..The first night all I could feel was anger..
kades

Last edited:
Alarm clock time.
I have a set of rules about numbers that are "good" and "not good"

The time must be odd (6:01, 6:07 are good, 6:02, 6:04... are bad)

The numbers cant be in numerical order (6:54, 5:43.... bad) ** 6:54 is bad also because its even

No 2 of the same number in a time " 6:33, 6:55... not good "

If more than one number in the time is divisible by 3 , it is not good (6:09, 6:03 )

Cant end in 0 or 5 (6:30, 6:35 ...)

Just for the record, My alarms are set 6:01 and 6:07

Oh, I also hate when something is sticking out of a drawer ( like a sock, or part of a shirt, pants ...) Even if I try to forget about it, I will always have to return and fix it or else ill be thinking about it all day.

And NO, Im not being medicated for this !!! :)

I have Barbara's quirk---I'm real respective of germs and where they repose---they were there first and it's their territory and I don't want any part of them.......I refuse to use towels after anyone else and will dry hands on toilet paper or air dry them before using anyone's "communal" towel......just me.......seen too many wee beasties under the microscope, I guess..........

Shoes must be removed before you come in the house, leave the dirt at the door.

Hands must be washed when coming in from the outside, wherever you may have been - period.

I cannot sleep in a bed that is not made up either Texasgirl.

I like the dishwasher emptied before I go to bed.

None of this is weird to me, I'm told by others it is..........

Lee,
dh started to walk away as did I, but, when she grumbled about how rude we were, I whispered as I walked by, keep it up lady and you will be wearing it not talking on it...:ROFLMAO:

kades
:) Man, that would have ticked me off big time. What arrogance. I would probably have told that if she wants privacy she needs to go somewhere else. Then I would sing the Star Spangled Banner as loud as I could.:LOL::LOL:
Just kidding on the last one. Or maybe not?:mad:

Michele I also take the shoes off the moment I walk through the front door, but more for the comfort factor, I never feel at home with something on my foot, I don't even like socks much unless it's really cold. I do think about dirt getting dragged into the house too but I don't say anything to others because I KNOW they would think of me nuts!!:LOL:

I detest interruptions. It drives me insane when I am in the middle of doing something and I must stop and do something else before finishing it for whatever the reason. It is so much so that the principle extends to the washer and the dishwasher. I would often (to my extreme chagrin) find something left out 2 seconds after I started them, but I refuse to pause them to put them in, hey, the machine got going already, they have to wait until the next go-around as annoying as it is...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom