Well...it's a done deal!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie H

Site Moderator
Staff member
I live in the Heartland of the United States
I'm back from the hospital and my knee surgery in Nashville. Was released just before noon yesterday and arrived home around 4 in the afternoon.

The 3-hour ride home was uneventful and comfortable.

Last night and today have been a pleasure. I slept like a baby with almost NO pain or discomfort. My morning shower felt like heaven and, by 1 p.m., I'd put the walker in the closet.

The home health nurse was here after lunch and the physical therapist came around 3. Got awesome reports from both. I'll have their help until April 22, which is when I return to Nashville to have the staples removed. Then it'll be physical therapy in an out-patient facility not too far from home. Time for that will depend on the doctor's recommendation based on what the home help people report.

This is such a different rodeo than the last one in 2012. Today's pain is far less than the pain I had on a good day before surgery, which is what I lived with for nearly 18 months. It's so nice to be without relentless pain. That's probably a huge reason I slept as well as I did last night.

I'm nearing the finish line. Yeah!!!

Welcome home, Katie! So pleased that the surgery went well, and that you're on your way to being free of pain!

Yea!!! So glad you are feeling better. Do you have a dressing on your knee that is supposed to stay on til your appointment?

Yea!!! So glad you are feeling better. Do you have a dressing on your knee that is supposed to stay on til your appointment?

No, no bandage, PF. The doctor put on a fresh dressing yesterday morning to replace the one put on just after the surgery. When the surgical bandage was removed, there was essentially no weeping or any evidence of drainage. He told me that once the bandage came off clean I could leave it off totally, even shower that way, which I've done. The home health nurse looked at it today and said it looked perfect.

So glad to hear it's over and you're back home, Katie. Especially happy to hear that it went so well for you! :wub:

No, no bandage, PF. The doctor put on a fresh dressing yesterday morning to replace the one put on just after the surgery. When the surgical bandage was removed, there was essentially no weeping or any evidence of drainage. He told me that once the bandage came off clean I could leave it off totally, even shower that way, which I've done. The home health nurse looked at it today and said it looked perfect.

Yea! Keep an eye on it...those infections are sneaky bugs. Call your home nurse if it looks red or feels hot. I know they told you this, but it bears repeating.

Back
Top Bottom