We're Home!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbara L

Traveling Welcome Wagon
After a wonderful 46 day vacation, and, to top it off, a fantastic dinner at kitchenelf's house, we are finally home! We got home at 10:45 p.m. Cubbie didn't bark when we drove up, but when I went to pet him and let him in the house, he was SO excited! He still loves us! LOL First thing in the house, he ran all over looking for Tony and Carlos (the kitties), but they won't be home until tomorrow, when we pick them up from the vet. They have called us twice to find out if we were ever going to pick them up (lol) and the person who called said that the vet has become very attached to Carlos. :cool: She said they have grown a lot, which I expected, as they are around 6 months old now. I can't wait to see them!

:)Barbara

Sounds like you had a fantastic time, what a way to spend a vacation! Will you be posting pics of your visit to KE? Or maybe I missed those!

I will post pictures of our visit with kitchenelf, but I can't right now, as my camera bag is in the car. I have to go to bed soon (it is almost 5:30 a.m.) and will do it when I get up.

What a trip. I'm sure it will be great to be sleeping in your own bed again.

Welcome home Barb! Wow-a 46 day vacation, we should all be so lucky!! I think it was so cool the way you documented and shared it with all of us. I'll bet Tony and Carlos will be glad to see you too!!!:chef:

That sounds like a great vacation but it is always nice to come home too. Glad you had a good time and safe travels. I'm assuming the cellulitis is all cleared up since there has been no mention of the leg in recent posts.

Welcome home. What are you baking today and what's for dinner? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Do you remember how to cook & bake, or will a retraining program be required? LOL

JoeV

Welcome home. What are you baking today and what's for dinner? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Do you remember how to cook & bake, or will a retraining program be required? LOL

JoeV
Dinner today? Probably Taco Bell, as we have to run all over creation (get the kitties, get James's medicine, go to the post office). I will probably need a retraining program, so I will expect you here to give me a bread refresher, and a few others for the other areas! :LOL:

Thanks everyone! Yes it was nice to sleep in our own bed!

Stacy, thank you! My avatar picture is a couple years old, but she still looks much the same. That is our granddaughter Hannah, now 7 years old.

Jabbur, I have not had any more pain from the cellulitis, but it has been a little pink lately. I will sit with my leg up as much as possible and I will keep an eye on it.

For all of you who aren't sick of my vacation posts, I will probably take some time soon to post the highlights from our trip. I mostly just told about our visits with fellow DCers (which was the main highlight), but there are a few other things I would like to share. When I get up the nerve to tackle the over 2,000 pictures I took, I will choose the top 1,500 (just kidding! I'll try to cut it down more than that!) and start a couple photo galleries if I can figure out how!

ahhh, now to sleepy-bye amidst your familiar surroundings. what a great-sounding vacation!!

Back
Top Bottom