What a shaker! Earthquake in L.A. Area

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It was out of Chino Hills, which is around 20 miles from here - last note was 5.8 from JPL.
Very hard shake - worst I can remember since the northridge quake in '93.
Couldn't find the cat - then got her - she was lodged between the wall and the back of the clothes dryer, all tangled up. Poor thing. whew!
The hanging tiffany lamp was swinging so hard I thought it would fall.

I can't even imagine what that would be like.... never have experienced one and not sure what I would do if I did. I guess I take the ground for granted!

It was out of Chino Hills, which is around 20 miles from here - last note was 5.8 from JPL.
Very hard shake - worst I can remember since the northridge quake in '93.
Couldn't find the cat - then got her - she was lodged between the wall and the back of the clothes dryer, all tangled up. Poor thing. whew!
The hanging tiffany lamp was swinging so hard I thought it would fall.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{jkath}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} Thanks for posting - I was just typing you a PM but I'll cancel that.

Thanks, elf -
Well, after surveying the damage, I did lose a couple of things, but nothing really important. The good thing is that perfume bottles are made with heavy glass, thank goodness!
All cell phones in this area are still without service, which is a bummer.

Oh, and we were going to bathe the cat to get the lint off of her and my boys couldn't find her....till they looked behind the dryer again. sheesh.

I was listening to the Jim Rome show on the radio and he mentioned it, interrupting his guest. He said his building was still swaying. He's 16 stories up.

Glad you guys are ok.....I don't miss those! JKath I was in the Northridge earthquake 93.....I was 5 mins from the center......was burried in my bedroom and litterally had to lift and dig my way out! A large dresser with tv fell on top of me along with everything else ( the way the earth rolled every centered in the center of the room....anyway I got out but couldnt walk for about a week!
A family friend had a 3 story apartment collapse on her but thank God she was pinned under a closet door that saved her life!
93 was a bad one!!

Wow, that's got to be scary. I've only ever experienced one here in Georgia and that was a few years ago. Just enough to ask "What was that?" Freaky feeling. I can't imagine a 5.8!!!!!! I'm so glad y'all are okay!

just a little shimmy shade here in escondido,ca. guess san diego felt it very hard as well.

light and fan in ceiling of sunroom. shaking a lot.

i was near the colanga shake, scary.

babe:cool:

Heard it on the news as I was typing to Barbara L.
Glad everyone so far is okay.
Closest I've come is the hurricanes, which sound like freight trains, and sonic booms from when space kraft take off and land. They shake the windows, walls and everything on the ground. Spooky feeling.​

oh geez! I typed in a mapquest to see how far away Chino Hills really is from here and it's closer than I thought - only 14 miles....no wonder it was so strong!

roadfix - thanks for posting that!!!
I noticed there's a guy standing there (in the upper left hand corner) - can you imagine if he were in the middle of those aisles? yikes!

Back
Top Bottom