What annoys you the most about cell phones?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Corey123

Washing Up
What are your most annoying pet peeves about cell phones? Come here and let everyone know.

Mine are as follows;

1. People who talk on cell phones while I'm in the theater trying to watch a movie.

2. Dropped calls due to a signal loss in certain areas.

3. Cities, towns or states that don't offer coverage and you're stuck being unable to talk to friends and family.

4. Those aggravating and annoying phone cards that force you to keep on buying them to keep your service on, or you'll end up getting cut off in the middle of a conversation. I'll NEVER go back to that ever again!!!

5. Not being able to use the cell phone while on or in the subway.:mad:

Last edited:
People who SHOUT when they are on their phone in a restaurant, or doctor's office, or whereever - GO OUTSIDE!!!!!!!!

If you are known to be one of those people that can't drive and talk at the same time just pull off the road instead of going 20 mph or sitting through a green light because you are too busy talking!

kitchenelf said:
People who SHOUT when they are on their phone in a restaurant, or doctor's office, or whereever - GO OUTSIDE!!!!!!!!

If you are known to be one of those people that can't drive and talk at the same time just pull off the road instead of going 20 mph or sitting through a green light because you are too busy talking!

That was another one!

If those drivers want to talk on cell phones while driving, then they don't need to be on the road!

Still another one - the latest craze, is sending text messages while driving!! Kids do this a lot!:mad:

People too busy yacking on the phone in the car and not moving when the light turns green.

People who talk on the phone through-out their whole work shift without getting anything done.

And as said above people who don't turn the idiot things off while at a movie theatre. It's getting too expensive to go see a movie when all you can hear on people's conversations on their cell phones. And why go to a good or decent restaurant if all you're going to do is talk on the darn thing. Really, you can't be enjoying the food, let alone behaving with courtesy towards your table companions when you're too busy carrying on a conversation with an unknown person on an 'idiot' phone. You'd be better off staying at home.:rolleyes:

All of the above.

But my biggest beef with them here in the UK is the dang kids that walk around playing music on them! BLAH!

What annoys you the most about cell phones?
The people who walk down the street talking on them, paying no attention to who or what is around them and presuming that no one else on the street has anywhere to go other than them....

AND motorists who talk on cell phones (even head sets, sorry to say) while they are driving, paying only secondary attention, if that, to traffic. In Jersey City, even tho it's against the law to talk and drive, we even have bus drivers and cabbies who use their cell phones while they're transporting patrons..... :ohmy:

Last edited by a moderator:
ChefJune said:
The people who walk down the street talking on them, paying no attention to who or what is around them and presuming that no one else on the street has anywhere to go other than them....

....And talking loud enough to be heard on the other side of the street!!!!

Ta daaaaaaa! Yes Miss Elf!

Last edited:
This is a passionate subject for me. I pretty much hate all cell phone use in public.

But two pet peeves in particular: I manage a retail hardware store, and homeowners ask me for help with their problems. If their phone rings in the middle of troubleshooting the issue, and they ANSWER it instead of turning it off, I walk away. And guess what? The customers are totally oblivious to my leaving, and are fully engrossed in whatever the person on the phone is saying, even if it's "pick up a quart of milk for dinner". So discourteous.

I believe that the person you are speaking face-to-face with deserves higher priority attention than the one calling on the phone (excepting emergencies, natch).

Also, cell phones at the beach. To me, the beach is sacred ground, and chatting away on a cell phone is unforgivable.

Lee

People chatting away like there is NO ONE around them, I don't need to hear about what you found on sale at Target or who is screwing around on who...STFU already!

I like the dude who re-invented the phone booth, booth, but no phone. Perfect for public space where others do not want to be annoyed by loud yappy people.

I totally agree with those people who are talking to you and answer their phone without even a nod or apology for the interuption. I alos get very confused when someone walks past you talking thinking they are talking to me just to find they are on bluetooth and chatting to the mid air.

What annoys me most is that people think that they should have instantanious access to me all the freaking time. I turn mine off once in awhile. And unless it's an emergency kind of thing I may not return a call the minute I get the message. My choice, right? But boy oh boy, I have a couple friends that just get peeved about that. Makes me want to toss the dang thing off the deck.

:heart:
Z

oh oh and I HATE when I'm in a restroom and someone starts yapping away...I always think they're talking to me.

When I'm at work and someone has a phone up to their ear they don't get a drink from me until they're done. It's rude of them to make me stand there and stare at them until they are done when I have a bar full of other folks who are waiting and ready.

:heart:
Z

Jeesh, I sound kinda crabby today. hehe :ROFLMAO:

Please, turn off your phones while you are in church. The last couple of Sundays, someones phone has gone off durning Mass. Please put it on vibrate if they need to get a hold of you!!

Yeah, that's another thing!

Even the ring tones of peoples' cell phone are annoying because they have them ring too loud!!

TATTRAT said:
I like the dude who re-invented the phone booth, booth, but no phone. Perfect for public space where others do not want to be annoyed by loud yappy people.

Hooray! Now Clark Kent will have a place again to make his transformation into Superman. Long live the phone booth!!

Or, maybe, it should be called the non-phone booth.:rolleyes:

Own one

I don't own one and simply for the fact that I see how upsetting they are to me. If something annoys me why bother to annoy someone else? I tried to make a call from a department store. They told me no public phone in the store. A customer offered her cell phone to me. Did I feel out of touch?

As you all said, the conversations are heard all over. The neighbors across the street talk so loud I can hear them in the back yard. What is it with the cell phone? I really feel it is 'monkey see, monkey do' It is really comical. Now iPod or is it Apple coming out with something for $500. Maybe it has something that will make the person speak lower in order to have conversation. When I am in the grocery store the people who talk on the phones are shopping while t alking and it isn't about food. Must people t alk constantly? Is it a matter of security they need? What a shame!

As you all said the ones on the road at green lights are the worst! Rather sit and wait for a train than having someone ignoring the traffic light at my expense when it is 90 degrees and I don't have air conditioning. I truly wish the person who thought of this would have the aggravation we do. He probably doesn't even live here.

being in the restaurant biz i hate anyone that uses them in my restaurant
i have posted signs for peeps to turn theirs to vibrate and limit the call duration to a minute or two or they will be asked to leave
nothing worse than being in a nice restaurant and being disturbed by someone else's ringtone or conversation

and i must say i will walk out on a date if she does not have the respect to only answer emergency calls
anything longer than a minute or two and i walk out
elisha cuthbert or claudia schiffer or whomever

Back
Top Bottom