What are you craving?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
i am not sure which forum to put this in so it's here.

we all get cravings, so what are you craving at the moment?

i am craving tomato juice with lemon, salt and pepper. i can't seem to get enough of it since ................. come to think about it since i quit smoking 21 days ago. i really haven't been hit that hard by quitting smoking withdrawal (no patches just cold turkey) which surprises the heck outta me because other times i have tried it i just couldn't last more than hours maybe 1/2 day. could my body craving tomato juice be a subconsciece way my body is coping? are there natural withdrawal fighting vits and mins in tomato juice?

I never had cravings when I quit I was too sick, but what harm in having a healthy drink..Tomato juice is great..My little grandson can polish off 2- 8 oz cans plus his dinner at one sitting and he is not over weight...I love v-8 have to be careful with it but have a small can almost every other day. Go for it it's good for you.
kades:)

I never had cravings when I quit I was too sick, but what harm in having a healthy drink..Tomato juice is great..My little grandson can polish off 2- 8 oz cans plus his dinner at one sitting and he is not over weight...I love v-8 have to be careful with it but have a small can almost every other day. Go for it it's good for you.
kades:)
i hate/loath v8!! sorry i love Sacramento tomato juice or in a pinch since i have been roaming campbells.

i hate/loath v8!! sorry i love Sacramento tomato juice or in a pinch since i have been roaming campbells.
Don't be sorry, we all have thing we love and loath..Anything tomato is for me I adore it...Plain tomato juice with salt and pepper and lemon or lime bring it on add a drop or to of Worchestershire and Tabasco even better...
kades

Msmofet - I'm just craving a little bit of attention :)

Seriously though, Kudos. After way too many years, I couldn't quit smoking after many an attempt until I decided... "today I quit!".

I quit cold turkey 01/01/07. I was successful for two reasons. One, I was ready to. The second? I gave my self one rule. Never buy or bum another cigarette. I've been butt free every since. ;)

Stay strong!

Bob

Msmofet - I'm just craving a little bit of attention :)

Seriously though, Kudos. After way too many years, I couldn't quit smoking after many an attempt until I decided... "today I quit!".

I quit cold turkey 01/01/07. I was successful for two reasons. One, I was ready to. The second? I gave my self one rule. Never buy or bum another cigarette. I've been butt free every since. ;)

Stay strong!

Bob
awwwwwwwwwwwwww you need attention sir boogied boogied? want me to polish your ..................................... armor?

I am craving Chicken Enchiladas, but not just any chicken enchiladas, they have to be from Carmelita's. They use to be over an hour away, but just recently opened a restaurant 15 minutes from me. Still holding off, trying to get healthy and drop 160 pounds.

By the way CasperImproved "Bob" I also quit smoking cold turkey. I smoked my last cigarette at 6 am on 06/05/06. Still miss it once in a while, but not gonna cave this time. I figured I have already saved myself over $3500.00 and even more in health care later.

I am craving Chicken Enchiladas, but not just any chicken enchiladas, they have to be from Carmelita's. They use to be over an hour away, but just recently opened a restaurant 15 minutes from me. Still holding off, trying to get healthy and drop 160 pounds.

By the way CasperImproved "Bob" I also quit smoking cold turkey. I smoked my last cigarette at 6 am on 06/05/06. Still miss it once in a while, but not gonna cave this time. I figured I have already saved myself over $3500.00 and even more in health care later.
22 days and counting for me!! and still in such of so Sacramento tomato juice!!

You go girl ;)

Like you I still get the craving, but I will not give in.

i have satiated for the moment my desire for a BLT and tomato juice.

Hey Ms M!!

First of all, I am so proud of you!! Great job!!

Secondly, if you're craving tomato juice, you could be low on potassium. I know when I've been really sick I crave tomatoes, and they have lots of potassium.

Third, I am craving mexican food...any kind from anywhere. I can't have it but as soon as I can I'll be eating some really good Tex-Mex!!

First of all, I am so proud of you!! Great job!!

Secondly, if you're craving tomato juice, you could be low on potassium. I know when I've been really sick I crave tomatoes, and they have lots of potassium.

Third, I am craving mexican food...any kind from anywhere. I can't have it but as soon as I can I'll be eating some really good Tex-Mex!!
thank you btw i did an exact count of days and it is 24 days. i am low on some vits and mins for sure because i haven't been taking mine on a reg basis while on vacation. i have had 2 charlie horses in 4 days so thats my big ahaaaaaaaaaaaa. so now i am home and will get back to taking my vits and mins.

Keep goin', msmofet. You're going to get there!

Right now I'm craving dark chocolate. There's none in the house and I won't be going to the store until Wednesday. I hope I can hold out.:LOL:
My fav!!

img_834073_0_8e91f64efa41e8e0432482831fa63740.jpg

thank you btw i did an exact count of days and it is 24 days. i am low on some vits and mins for sure because i haven't been taking mine on a reg basis while on vacation. i have had 2 charlie horses in 4 days so thats my big ahaaaaaaaaaaaa. so now i am home and will get back to taking my vits and mins.

Charlie horses and muscles cramps can be a sign of low potassium and/or sodium. It can be dangerous which is probably why your craving it. Over the counter supplements may not have as much as you need (I take prescription potassium), so along with your juice you might try potatoes and bananas. Blackstrap molasses has alot of potassium in it but I can't figure out how to eat it without feeling...blech!! I hope you're home and you're feeling better from top to (especially) toe!!!

24 DAYS!!!!!!

you're AWESOME!
isn't quitting such a relief? you might try putting the $$ you put into those things away! i did, & alcohol $$ & wound into $1,000 in a few months. it wasn't even an effort- i just counted my cash one day & it startled me to see that much cash!

so, onto cravings- i'm craving pasta sauce with pounds of gah-lic!

oh, & take some potassium for your cramping- that's causes your heart to palpitate & stuff when you're low on it!!!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom