What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks AB and Kayelle! I think I'll sit and stare at the peppers a while longer. Many good ideas, something will come to me.

A good idea, Kayelle! These are green, would they be as good as red?

Green bell peppers are unripe colored peppers, so they're not as sweet as red, yellow, etc., but they're still good. One thing you could try is halving, cleaning and freezing uncooked peppers, then using them this winter for stuffed peppers.

Aunt Bea, you so funny! :LOL:

Just think Dawg, if you made a big batch of stuffed peppers and freeze them in meal-sized portions you'll have dinner ready for a while to come!

Just finishing up goofing off here. I cleaned the half-bath today, along with washing a few throw rugs from the kitchen and back hallway. When I pulled the rug at the sink area up it seemed like it was glued to the floor. :huh: Oh yeah, I then remembered I had slopped a lot of pasta water onto the rug a week or two ago. At least I missed my legs!

Now it's time to wash and dry my hair, then send himself out to cook. In the dark. :ermm: I HAVE to time supper better! After 14 years I'm STILL on OH time, and the sun won't be setting till almost 9 back there.

You could drop them on a neighbors porch, ring the bell and run! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

:LOL: No, I save that for the apples! Neighbors would spook if I did it with anything else!

Thanks for all the great ideas, everyone!

Last edited:
Just sliced a pineapple with my handy dandy new pineapple slicer. Now I'm not a huge fan of "unitaskers", but this Asian lady saw me buying a pineapple at Aldi and started a conversation about pineapple and told me that I just HAD to buy a pineapple slicer! Aldi just happened to be selling them this week for $3.99 so I got one.

I won't hesitate to buy pineapples in the future because they are a pain to clean.

Sure. All a red pepper is, is a very ripe green pepper. All peppers are green at the beginning. Leave them on the vine long enough, and they will ripen to their true color. :angel:

This is true but nonetheless, green peppers don't taste the same.

I just recently discovered colored peppers. I always bought green, and I only like them cooked, as in stuffed peppers. I recently bought some colored ones and now they are my favorite. Took 68 years to figure that out.

One time I bought orange and yellow pepper plants. Only got 2 small pepper from each one. Back to the grocery store! LOL

I love red and yellow peppers, they're so sweet, and delicious raw. Green peppers are more of a cooking ingredient to me.

I just recently discovered colored peppers. I always bought green, and I only like them cooked, as in stuffed peppers. I recently bought some colored ones and now they are my favorite. Took 68 years to figure that out.

One time I bought orange and yellow pepper plants. Only got 2 small pepper from each one. Back to the grocery store! LOL

Wow. Do you ever travel, Carol? I discovered colored peppers about 30 years ago visiting my mom at her house in the Florida Keys. There was a farmer's market near her house and they had five colors of peppers - green, red, yellow, orange and purple. Only 5 for $1. I couldn't believe it. I bought a couple dozen, brought them home and roasted and froze them.

Wow. Do you ever travel, Carol? I discovered colored peppers about 30 years ago visiting my mom at her house in the Florida Keys. There was a farmer's market near her house and they had five colors of peppers - green, red, yellow, orange and purple. Only 5 for $1. I couldn't believe it. I bought a couple dozen, brought them home and roasted and froze them.

When any produce is that cheap, and you can't have a garden, buy in bulk and process them yourself. Because of the preservatives in processed food, what you buy in the store always taste different and not fresh. And when you buy roasted peppers in a jar, you only get a few. Not worth the price. :angel:

I don't have enough problems of my own, but I get a phone call this morning. Poo developed a blood clot in his lung last night and is back in the hospital. At least this time it is a bit closer to home. I called him last night at home and he didn't sound good. And I made it a point to tell him so. It made him think. If you can tell over the phone that I am not doing good, them maybe I'm not.

He got a sharp pain in the bottom of his lung late last night. He knew what that meant and called 911 immediately. At least he is in the hospital where he works, so I know he is getting the best of care.

He called me to let me know that he notified the hospital and a few of his very closest friends that he has given me power of attorney and they are to call me for any medical decisions should he not be able to make them himself.

A little background. He has been separated from his wife since Thanksgiving Eve. I asked him about her making the decisions. He informed me that she doesn't give a damn. Nice wife. The Pirate was sitting here so he knows what is going on. And I called my SIL to tell him. We decided we would wait for any updates before we let my daughter know. She does not handle bad new very well. She goes to pieces before you can even get three words out. Whether the news is good or bad. Right now a prayer or two might help. And deeply appreciated.

So I walk around doing little chores with my cell phone in my pocket just waiting. :angel: :angel: One for each.

Last edited:

I travel, but not a lot. Why? We HAVE colored peppers in our area, I just never ate them. We didn't get much fresh produce growing up and I just recently became interested in trying different vegetables...different from the canned peas, corn and green beans my mother served. Apparently DH grew up the same as I did because he still only eats the three vegetables my mother cooked.

Back
Top Bottom