What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Was just at the grocery store and seen they had Heinz yellow mustard, I bought one because I thought I needed mustard. Well, I looked in the ref. when I got home and I couldn't believe all of the different mustards I had in the door of the ref. Now I have Heinz and Krafts yellow, horseradish mustard, Dijon ground, Vidalia Onion mustard and Dijon Honey. I surely will have enough for quite a while, and for everykind of dish or sandwich.

I travel, but not a lot. Why? We HAVE colored peppers in our area, I just never ate them. We didn't get much fresh produce growing up and I just recently became interested in trying different vegetables...different from the canned peas, corn and green beans my mother served. Apparently DH grew up the same as I did because he still only eats the three vegetables my mother cooked.

In my experience, travel opens your eyes to a lot of things - other ways of eating, of living, of doing art, spending time with friends and family, of thinking about things. Other cultures.

I think one of the reasons I've been so inspired to try all kinds of things I didn't grow up with is because when I graduated from high school, my mother gave me a trip to Europe for a graduation present: 15 countries in 30 days. Some were just a day or an afternoon, but we spent three days in Paris, three days in London, two days in Germany, at least three in Italy, etc. We also visited the Netherlands, Denmark, Belgium, and Switzerland. I've also been to Mexico, Ireland and Turkey, as well as traveled a fair amount in the U.S. Lots of different experiences in each place.

I have to shut down my computer now. We're leaving for a road trip to Michigan to visit DH's family. But I'm taking my tablet and smartphone, so I'm not going MIA ;) Have a great day, y'all! :)

I don't have enough problems of my own, but I get a phone call this morning. Poo developed a blood clot in his lung last night and is back in the hospital. At least this time it is a bit closer to home. I called him last night at home and he didn't sound good. And I made it a point to tell him so. It made him think. If you can tell over the phone that I am not doing good, them maybe I'm not.

He got a sharp pain in the bottom of his lung late last night. He knew what that meant and called 911 immediately. At least he is in the hospital where he works, so I know he is getting the best of care.

He called me to let me know that he notified the hospital and a few of his very closest friends that he has given me power of attorney and they are to call me for any medical decisions should he not be able to make them himself.

A little background. He has been separated from his wife since Thanksgiving Eve. I asked him about her making the decisions. He informed me that she doesn't give a damn. Nice wife. The Pirate was sitting here so he knows what is going on. And I called my SIL to tell him. We decided we would wait for any updates before we let my daughter know. She does not handle bad new very well. She goes to pieces before you can even get three words out. Whether the news is good or bad. Right now a prayer or two might help. And deeply appreciated.

So I walk around doing little chores with my cell phone in my pocket just waiting. :angel: :angel: One for each.

Addie, Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I really can't put into words what I am feeling for you and what you all are going through.:heart::angel: JoAnn

In my experience, travel opens your eyes to a lot of things - other ways of eating, of living, of doing art, spending time with friends and family, of thinking about things. Other cultures.

I think one of the reasons I've been so inspired to try all kinds of things I didn't grow up with is because when I graduated from high school, my mother gave me a trip to Europe for a graduation present: 15 countries in 30 days. Some were just a day or an afternoon, but we spent three days in Paris, three days in London, two days in Germany, at least three in Italy, etc. We also visited the Netherlands, Denmark, Belgium, and Switzerland. I've also been to Mexico, Ireland and Turkey, as well as traveled a fair amount in the U.S. Lots of different experiences in each place.

What a spectacular graduation gift GG. A lot like the "Grand Tour" in modern time and not having to cross the ocean by ship.
I never owned a passport till I met Steve 8 years ago. He really meant it when he said, "marry me and I'll show you the world". We have now visited 41 countries, many of them more than once. I'm truly blessed in so many ways.

What a spectacular graduation gift GG. A lot like the "Grand Tour" in modern time and not having to cross the ocean by ship.
I never owned a passport till I met Steve 8 years ago. He really meant it when he said, "marry me and I'll show you the world". We have now visited 41 countries, many of them more than once. I'm truly blessed in so many ways.

That's fantastic, Kayelle. What a wonderful man :) I hope one day we can do a South American cruise like you and Steve did.

And yes, it was a wonderful graduation gift. My mom and I were just talking with my niece about doing something similar for her when she graduates (she's 15).

I don't have enough problems of my own, but I get a phone call this morning. Poo developed a blood clot in his lung last night and is back in the hospital. At least this time it is a bit closer to home. I called him last night at home and he didn't sound good. And I made it a point to tell him so. It made him think. If you can tell over the phone that I am not doing good, them maybe I'm not.

He got a sharp pain in the bottom of his lung late last night. He knew what that meant and called 911 immediately. At least he is in the hospital where he works, so I know he is getting the best of care.

He called me to let me know that he notified the hospital and a few of his very closest friends that he has given me power of attorney and they are to call me for any medical decisions should he not be able to make them himself.

A little background. He has been separated from his wife since Thanksgiving Eve. I asked him about her making the decisions. He informed me that she doesn't give a damn. Nice wife. The Pirate was sitting here so he knows what is going on. And I called my SIL to tell him. We decided we would wait for any updates before we let my daughter know. She does not handle bad new very well. She goes to pieces before you can even get three words out. Whether the news is good or bad. Right now a prayer or two might help. And deeply appreciated.

So I walk around doing little chores with my cell phone in my pocket just waiting. :angel: :angel: One for each.
Prayers on-going. I hope things work out ok. God bless.

Umm...If you ever find Steve surplus to requirements, I'll take him off your hands:LOL:

Unpacked another box of cookery books today. That makes 246 so far. Still two more crates to unpack. I think the count of 300 might have been an understatement!

Need to invest in some more bookcases. The ones from the old house were fixtures.

Last edited:
Sorry Addie, Poo will be fine, he has people who know him, taking care of him.:angel::angel:

I am eating watermelon and procrastinating again.

Relaxing in a hotel on our way to Michigan. I brought a cooler of food, so we're going to eat here in the room and just take it easy.

Addie, I'm sorry to hear about Poo's health problems. I'm sure he will be fine - the Princess says so :)

Relaxing in a hotel on our way to Michigan. I brought a cooler of food, so we're going to eat here in the room and just take it easy.

Addie, I'm sorry to hear about Poo's health problems. I'm sure he will be fine - the Princess says so :)

I hope you have clear roads and skies on your travels. How far did you get?

I missed lift off this morning.

Addie, praying that you and Poo get through this again. I'm sure you will because of what PF said.

GG, safe travels the rest of the way and back again. Breathe in a little Ohio air for me while you're driving through if your Michigan lungs will let you. ;)

CCL, watch your blood pressure! Now breathe, breathe...

I'm goofing off here instead of heading to bed. Got up early (for me) today and I'm just about spent. But just one more thread...:LOL: (They're like potato chips.)

Trying to stifle down fury. It sure ain't easy.
I think suppression is always unhealthy. It tends to resurface and erupt inappropriately at a later stage.

If it were me, I would find an outlet for it e.g. energetic exercise or punching cusions

I was surfing the web looking for info on our tax free holiday. We sure have it made here in Mass. I think we have the best tax free holiday of all the states that are participating. One year I bought my washer tax free. My daughter bought her overhead large microwave. And another year she bought her washer and dryer. All on tax free weekends. This year she is going for a new living room set. The only thing we can't buy tax free is cars and boats of any size.

Sales Tax Holiday | Bankrate.com

We don't pay tax on clothing, so for us that is always a given. And most school supplies are tax free during the year. Major items only. Like if your school required you bring your own personal lap computer. If I were to walk in and say it was for my use, I would have to pay the tax.

REGARDING POO

Poo called me yesterday from the hospital. He notified the hospital and signed the papers giving me Power of Attorney and his medical proxy. He could only talk for a few minutes. I could hear him losing his strength. He tires very easily. Right now he is very weak. I am going to call the hospital and speak to the nurse. I am not too worried about him. He is in the hospital that he works in and everyone there likes him. So I know he is getting the very best personal care. He did tell me that he is on a drip that is dissolving the clot in his lung. They also have him on a higher than normal dose of oxygen. This is going to be a long haul. He has a team of friends that were taking turns at his home to take care of him. They were and will again, give him around the clock care. And you can bet he will come home with any and all supplies he may need. And they will be there again when he is released from the hospital. They are all PAs, so I know he is being well cared for. How can you not be when you have almost every medical person in town caring for you.

Thank you all for your prayers. I am sure you all know just how serious a clot in the lung is. This is the worst illness he has ever had. He did have the flu one year when he was in middle school. It took him six months to finally shake it. He kept having relapses.

Again thank you all. Just knowing that there are folks out there that care, if a tremendous comfort to me. First my daughter and now my son. My first born and my last born. He is not completely out of the woods, but he is getting there. Slowly but surely. Thank you.

With all my love and appreciation,
Adele

Last edited:
I was surfing the web looking for info on our tax free holiday. We sure have it made here in Mass. I think we have the best tax free holiday of all the states that are participating. One year I bought my washer tax free. My daughter bought her overhead large microwave. And another year she bought her washer and dryer. All on tax free weekends. This year she is going for a new living room set. The only thing we can't buy tax free is cars and boats of any size.

Sales Tax Holiday | Bankrate.com

We don't pay tax on clothing, so for us that is always a given. And most school supplies are tax free during the year. Major items only. Like if your school required you bring your own personal lap computer. If I were to walk in and say it was for my use, I would have to pay the tax.

REGARDING POO

Poo called me yesterday from the hospital. He notified the hospital and signed the papers giving me Power of Attorney and his medical proxy. He could only talk for a few minutes. I could hear him losing his strength. He tires very easily. Right now he is very weak. I am going to call the hospital and speak to the nurse. I am not too worried about him. He is in the hospital that he works in and everyone there likes him. So I know he is getting the very best personal care. He did tell me that he is on a drip that is dissolving the clot in his lung. They also have him on a higher than normal dose of oxygen. This is going to be a long haul. He has a team of friends that were taking turns at his home to take care of him. They were and will again, give him around the clock care. And you can bet he will come home with any and all supplies he may need. And they will be there again when he is released from the hospital. They are all PAs, so I know he is being well cared for. How can you not be when you have almost every medical person in town caring for you.

Thank you all for your prayers. I am sure you all know just how serious a clot in the lung is. This is the worst illness he has ever had. He did have the flu one year when he was in middle school. It took him six months to finally shake it. He kept having relapses.

Again thank you all. Just knowing that there are folks out there that care, if a tremendous comfort to me. First my daughter and now my son. My first born and my last born. He is not completely out of the woods, but he is getting there. Slowly but surely. Thank you.

With all my love and appreciation,
Adele
Glad to hear that the hospital is doing its best for Poo. Continued thoughts and prayers from here.

And the tax free weekend sounds a really good idea.

Back
Top Bottom