What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Making desserts for tomorrow. My daughter, SIL and grandson are coming for diner and a last shot at the pool before it's closed for the season.

Today I made a pan of lemon squares/bars and a chocolate eclair dessert. (SIL loves lemon but DD hates fruit desserts but loves chocolate).

We just got home from shopping at the health food store. I got enough potatoes to make some of Andy's Ranch potato salad for a potluck/picnic on Monday. We also got enough ground pork to make some "Mock Armadillo" for tomorrow night and for the picnic.

Taking a little beer break from chores. :) 3 ceiling fans cleaned, 3 to go....I dislike that job, but the long handled Swiffer duster sure makes it easier....split pea soup is pretty much done, just simmering....got the big living room window washed and the patio door slider is next. Houseplants watered, and laundry done. Whew! :LOL:

Taking a little beer break from chores. :) 3 ceiling fans cleaned, 3 to go....I dislike that job, but the long handled Swiffer duster sure makes it easier....split pea soup is pretty much done, just simmering....got the big living room window washed and the patio door slider is next. Houseplants watered, and laundry done. Whew! :LOL:

Didn't anyone tell you this is a holiday weekend? You are supposed to relax and enjoy the last weekend of the summer. :angel:

Sounds like the "Road To Hell." Can't you send hubby? :angel:

No couldn't send hubby.He's my driver.
I counted 6 women under the age of 30 txting and driving.
What is so important that it just can't wait until you stop the vehicle?

The young ones today aren't too bright.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Didn't anyone tell you this is a holiday weekend? You are supposed to relax and enjoy the last weekend of the summer. :angel:

I'm almost always relaxing. :LOL: Except when there's chores to be done, then I just relax a little less often. ;)

No couldn't send hubby.He's my driver.
I counted 6 women under the age of 30 txting and driving.
What is so important that it just can't wait until you stop the vehicle?

Boy does that chap my hide to see that. :mad: If they want to endanger their own lives, fine, just don't put innocent people at risk. Grrrr....

Boy does that chap my hide to see that. :mad: If they want to endanger their own lives, fine, just don't put innocent people at risk. Grrrr....

And these guys wonder why I get so stressed out when I know we have to be on that particular stretch of road.2 of them were watching videos while holding their cells in their hands!:ohmy:

I guess they (the girls) didn't get the memo of the 21 year old girl who was driving on that same road was driving iradical weaving in and out of traffic,cutting people off,speeding.She was 21.She wrecked her car.Killed her Mother who was a passenger.Wonder how she's going to like wearing an orange jumpsuit for a while.

I was so glad to just get home.

Always disturbing seeing the twits weaving in and out of traffic, and when you peek into their cars, they're on their phones texting.

Yes, if you want to kill yourselves, have at it. Just don't involve any other innocents.

...I counted 6 women under the age of 30 txting and driving. What is so important that it just can't wait until you stop the vehicle?

Not just the "young ones" Munky. I've seen people close to my age (64) doing the same thing. I guess you just can't fix "stupid". Getting to the point I'm about to wear a motorcycle helmet and Kevlar outfit when I go out in the car. :wacko:

My daughter deliberately puts her phone way down at the bottom of her purse and then piles everything else on it. Her purse always goes on the back seat behind her. Impossible for her to reach it. When I am her passenger and her phone rings, we both ignore it. If she feels that it might be her husband, she will pull over to the side of the road and stop. He is the only one she would do that for. All others have to wait until she has time to find her phone in her purse and maybe call them back.

Having been a former employee of the Registry of Motor Vehicles, she always guarded all her actions on the road. To drive stupid, could have cost her, her job. She is now retired (three months) and still practices the same routine. :angel:

I look at stops or pull over, never while driving.
I don't get a lot of calls or text as it is.

Facebook... I don't have one. My bud that's a
retired CIA man said not to do it and it sounded
good to me. Yesterday he sent me a link to Facebook
where he had an argument with a retired cop. What the
heck? I'll get on him about that today.

I have a few things to do today and will grill a steak
for dinner. It's just another day for me. I'd like to make
something for dessert but then I'd eat it all.

Sorry for the double post.

I was making coffee and forgot where I was at.

You all have a great Labor Day. It won't be long
and it will be Thanksgiving.

Last edited:
This year I am not cooking and will visit relatives and
evidently we are going to a top end buffet for dinner.

I don't mind cooking but keeping up with the KP is
tiring for me now.

I took out what is for something for supper, made a run to the store and back, washed up the two pieces in the sink, and am now looking for something else to get into. I really want to go sit on the patio and do some of my sewing. But I know the hoards will come out of the woodwork. There goes my peace and quiet.

Even though it is 1:30 in the afternoon, I should begin to think of having some scrambled eggs for breakfast. Or I could munch of rice cakes or French's Fried Onion Rings. :angel:

I don't use coupons since I rarely buy name brands and the few coupons I find for those I do buy I always forget at checkout!

I'm so glad my monthly shopping is over. I'm having fun figuring out what to make that will allow me to make the most room in fridge and freezer.

Right now, I'm skinning some large lima bean while watching a marathon on HGTV on building tiny houses. So clever!

The large lima beans are butterbeans. The resulting soup will be smooth and buttery. No lumps.

Skinning them is a long and painstaking process, but does't require much hands on time except for the actual skinning, which is easily accomplishes with some good TV to enjoy during the process.

It takes at least a full 24 hours of soaking for all of the skins to loosen, but worth it in the end so that the finished dish doesn't have those tough skins.

Back to my tiny houses marathon and the second half of the lima beans.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom