What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have this tile in my kitchen, some days my house is ecstatic!!!:ermm::ohmy::LOL:

62a722755a9f151e627e7892da1d5862.jpg

I spent most of the heart of the day at my sister and BIL's. I took over the photos I took of her 80th birthday party and loaded them onto her computer. Then we went over each of the 63 photos, enhancing, cropping, etc. Then uploading to Costo's photo center for printing. Then had to help them with some issues with printing photos and some misc. other stuff. It's frightening when I'm the techie in the room. At least she fed me lunch.

I am amazed at how inexpensive it is to get quality prints. Costco charges 17¢ for a 4x6, 39¢ for a 5x7 and $1.50 for an 8x10!

Glad you got some good pics of your sis's bday party, Andy. My daughter was also telling me about Costco's great prices on prints. Good quality too, I hear.

I have a huge job ahead of me, a couple of months ago my aunt and uncle (in their 80's) brought me 5 metal boxes with almost 2000 carefully stored and catalogued slides. They're from the mid 1940's to the '60's. Mainly vacation pics of trips to Yosemite and other CA national parks. I need to get a scanner first to see which ones I want to print. I looked at them through a slide viewer and am surprised at the great color and quality.

Glad you got some good pics of your sis's bday party, Andy. My daughter was also telling me about Costco's great prices on prints. Good quality too, I hear.

I have a huge job ahead of me, a couple of months ago my aunt and uncle (in their 80's) brought me 5 metal boxes with almost 2000 carefully stored and catalogued slides. They're from the mid 1940's to the '60's. Mainly vacation pics of trips to Yosemite and other CA national parks. I need to get a scanner first to see which ones I want to print. I looked at them through a slide viewer and am surprised at the great color and quality.

Does your printer scan at all? Today's printers are 3 in 1. Print, copy and scan. And they have come way down in price. :angel:

Last edited:
Does your printer scan at all? Today's printers are 3 in 1. Print, copy and scan. And they have come way down in price. :angel:

That should read copy, scan and fax. It is obvious that they print. The 3 in 1 are now less than $100. I have the HP and I use it for everything. One time I scanned a cookbook in. :angel:

Hi, gang! Ready or not, Phase One of my garage/yard/porch sale (I have a LOT of stuff...:wacko: ) is happening tomorrow and Friday. Trying something different by having an evening sale (5-8), followed on Friday by a 10-4 sale. As long as the weather holds out, I'll probably reprise those hours next week, too. Please do whatever your thing is, whether prayers, good thoughts, or witchcraft, and send positive vibes for that good weather, please. I have way more stuff than I have horizontal surfaces. I still have boxes of stuff that haven't even been priced. Where did all this stuff COME from???

For your perusal, a few pics from the basement before I started any of the pricing and organizing, and a photo of the garage before the set-up began. IF I remember tomorrow, I'll post of photo of the garage just as the garage goes up. With any luck, I'll get to do this all over again in a week. :wacko:

Attachments

• 2014-09-19 20.41.30.jpg
    2014-09-19 20.41.30.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 224
  • 2014-09-19 20.42.33.jpg
    2014-09-19 20.42.33.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 148
  • 2014-09-19 20.47.39.jpg
    2014-09-19 20.47.39.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 168
  • 2015-09-21 14.29.12.jpg
    2015-09-21 14.29.12.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 162
Well hi there, CG! Wow...what a difference, you have really done a lot. Good to see you again, and I'm sending good vibes for a great sale! I'd sure go if I could. :)

Holy crap, Cheryl, that is a huge job! Is there somewhere you could take them where they could do it for you?

Hi, gang! Ready or not, Phase One of my garage/yard/porch sale (I have a LOT of stuff...:wacko: ) is happening tomorrow and Friday. Trying something different by having an evening sale (5-8), followed on Friday by a 10-4 sale. As long as the weather holds out, I'll probably reprise those hours next week, too. Please do whatever your thing is, whether prayers, good thoughts, or witchcraft, and send positive vibes for that good weather, please. I have way more stuff than I have horizontal surfaces. I still have boxes of stuff that haven't even been priced. Where did all this stuff COME from???

For your perusal, a few pics from the basement before I started any of the pricing and organizing, and a photo of the garage before the set-up began. IF I remember tomorrow, I'll post of photo of the garage just as the garage goes up. With any luck, I'll get to do this all over again in a week. :wacko:

Good luck, CG! This does not look insurmountable!

Back
Top Bottom