What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes were moving. We've had to put the move off for a few years.
Now we have the attitude (Just do it!) We don't care anymore. (Badger's back):LOL:

For an idea on the pillow cases. You could stuff them with the other cases.
Make a nice cushy bed and sew the seams closed. Animal shelters would greatly appreciate them.

As for Monkey. She sure makes me proud.:LOL:
Too bad I can't show her how to climb the tree and pounce on unsuspecting puppies. Heh, made you jump!:LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Munky.

Thanks for the tip on the pillowcases. I have been wanting to do something for the shelter in Mexico where we got Miley from and that sound like an awesome idea. They are always in need of places for the dogs to sleep and those would be easy for someone to take down in their luggage.

As for Monkey, she is already a pro at climbing the Christmas tree, thank you very much, and as for the second part of that, no thank you! :mad: :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Making a lot of Christmas food and goodies and cursing my that my computer died. Sent it in top be fixed, came back more broken, refuses to start and the company refuses to fix it, so we have sort made something that I can use that is some what stable.

But all my translated recipes are gone, so yeah but I am back...ish... hope so.

Getting ready for work. Shrek took the call from the insurance company, they have offered $9000 for the Subaru, that's what we wanted. We are satisfied.

PF, I couldn't get here fast enough to say "WOOOOOO WHOOOOOOO", that worked out well.

...Now we have the attitude (Just do it!) We don't care anymore...
If you have any of that attitude left when you're done moving, could you please send it my way Munky? I need a good kick in the pants to get me cleaning out our place and getting our bodies back in OH where they belong. Meanwhile, I hope your packing and moving goes smoothly. How far of a distance between your now house and your next house? Our Big Move was 625 miles.

CakePoet, I've wondered where you've been. Sorry to hear about your computer and even more sorry about your lost recipes.

Glad to hear things are working out well for you and your awful car situation, PF. It is hard giving up a shiny new loaner, though, when the time is up.

We got to Loverly's place around ten tonight. Sat and talked, and talked and talked...:heart: Found out that the unit on one side of her is empty again. It's like we should just rent and move, no? :LOL:

Finally got enough unpacked that I now have my pillows, sleepwear, and toiletries/meds. I should be going to bed, but it was sooooo easy to snooze in the car while Himself was driving. Now my eyes are like two giant dinner plates! :ermm:

Last edited:
What am I doing? I am sitting here gloating!!! It has been more than 24 hours since my last cigarette. And I have no urge for one as I sit here typing about it. Now on to the next battle. Getting Pirate and Spike to go outside if they feel like smoking. I will still continue with the Chantex. One day does not spell total success. The Chantex does give me the dry heaves. But if I take a Meclizine with it, it is not too bad. Right now I would rather have the dry heaves than smoke.

Second, the directions tell me to take two Vicodin three time a day. My leg is getting worse. Or just one ulcer is. Three are completely healed. But the pain from that one ulcer is more than any person should have to bear. So now I have changed the amount I take. Every four hours around the clock. If I am sleeping, fine. But the pain does wake me up. So I take two along with two gabapentin and try my best to get back to sleep. So today I am going to do battle with Winthrop. The wound nurse is coming today and she is on my side. Even she says that it is time for surgery.

You would think that with all I am going through with my leg, that I would want to pick up a cigarette.

My computer was 1 year old before it died, but some positive things, a friend sent my kitchen aid to be fixed and I have now that back and running after 8 years of being broken. Yes I held on to it and tried to save to have it mended.

Great that some one missed me at least. ;) It is nice to being missed.

Addy, way to go on the not smoking!

Cakepoet, sorry to hear about your computer woes. I couldn't go 8 weeks without my KA let alone 8 years! Glad you have it back!

PF, congrats on getting what your vehicle is worth. That isn't easy these days!

I am up trying to get the cramps out of my legs so I can go back to sleep to catch up from coughing all night. I want to make some GF shortbread and pumpkin cake today as well as continuing on sorting out all the linens to store, keep, throw out or give away. I should have about 8 blankets for the homeless and (thanks to a friend in my chronic illness group) a bunch of pillowcase beds to send down to the dog shelter where Miley came from!

Last edited:
LP,
Let Monkey show some Christmas cheer. Let her purr sing "You better watch out, you really must pounce. You better not cry cuz' I'm telling you why...
Monkeyyy is coming to townnnn" :D:angel:

PF,
Can I go car shopping with you?
Were giving our truck away to a friend who really needs a reliable vehicle.
Were downsizing,and won't need a truck after we move. Found it a home.
He just doesn't know it yet.

CG,
Mr. Munky has been my motivation. I want him in a place where he can enjoy his retirement in peace. It's not happening around here.
Where were moving it was exactly a 12hr 5min drive straight through. Out of state.
That won't happen again. I had a problem with altitude sickness.

This time we'll have a caravan going. Were going to have to take it slow and easy on him. I'm dreading riding in a car with GR that likes to drool out the window. Mr.Slobber.:LOL:
We still haven't found a house.:mad:
It's frustrating to see a potential, just to see the let down of the stairs.
I'm NOT climbing a flight of stairs just to get to the front door or kitchen.
Who's dumb idea was it to put a kitchen on the top floor?
Still looking...

Munky.

Munky, I think the idea of house-hunting is what's slowing me down the most. We've built (well, contracted to build) all three of the houses we've lived in. We've never bought a "used" home. I'm seriously considering the last OH builder we used. He was wonderful, but it looks like all he does is remodel and add-ons now. Then again, the condo unit next to our daughter is empty again...:brows:

I've been going through the local store ads. When I told Loverly that it would be nice to have an empty fridge when we got here, she took me literally. No milk, no eggs. Not even a stick of celery, except for our leftovers from our road munchies. Good thing we bought a quart of half-and-half on the drive in. Momma needs to stock her girl's fridge, then get cooking. :heart:

what are we doing

We are trying to find out why the water streams coming out of the bathroom faucet in the sink are so different. The cold water comes out strong and the hot water comes out in a small stream. The old faucet was the same way and now the new faucet is doing the same thing. Any ideas?

We are trying to find out why the water streams coming out of the bathroom faucet in the sink are so different. The cold water comes out strong and the hot water comes out in a small stream. The old faucet was the same way and now the new faucet is doing the same thing. Any ideas?

There might be a partial blockage in a line that comes from the water heater.

Unless you have a very particular set of skills, it's probably wise to call a plumber.

You could check to see if any shutoff valves are partially closed between the water heater and the sink.

Back
Top Bottom