What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sitting on the Miami airport hoping we can get onto the flight we’re booked on. I’m eager to get home as there’s another storm coming Wednesday.

The process of packing this rented house to move into the home daughter and SIL are purchasing, has begun...

My job is to make certain that faces remain smiling during tear down and pack up.. I do not allow snarls or snarkiness between packers.. ;)

Ross

You need a propeller hat, just to remind folks it is ALL fun and games. Treats for the un-snarky.

giphy.gif

That hat....:LOL: Ross, hoping everyone got a lot of the moving done over the weekend!

I've been msging with my brother this evening...he's been in Camaroon, Africa since right after Christmas, on a mission for his church. He'll be home April 8. I miss him so much! Can't wait to see him again and talk about the West African cuisine. :D Important topic there! He says the food is delicious, but he's starting to look forward to a home grilled burger and fries when he comes home. :chef:

That hat....:LOL: Ross, hoping everyone got a lot of the moving done over the weekend!

I've been msging with my brother this evening...he's been in Camaroon, Africa since right after Christmas, on a mission for his church. He'll be home April 8. I miss him so much! Can't wait to see him again and talk about the West African cuisine. :D Important topic there! He says the food is delicious, but he's starting to look forward to a home grilled burger and fries when he comes home. :chef:
We (them not me) are in packing mode.. The move will be the 28th.. :)

Meet that man with a burger when he gets home.. :yum:

Ross

Last edited:
Rush trip back to Laramie, appears my baby sister was very sick, i.e., not the stomach flu she thought she had, when I was there last weekend. She is in ICU with sepsis.

I want the hat, too!:rolleyes:

Rush trip back to Laramie, appears my baby sister was very sick, i.e., not the stomach flu she thought she had, when I was there last weekend. She is in ICU with sepsis.
Oh no, Princess, I'm so sorry. A doctor at the medical school where I used to work came up with a new treatment for sepsis last year. Here's an article about it.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health...turns-up-possible-treatment-for-deadly-sepsis

He wrote up his experience with it here.

http://journal.chestnet.org/article/S0012-3692(16)62564-3/fulltext

It's in clinical trials right now. I hope she recovers quickly.

We (them not me) are in packing mode.. The move will be the 28th.. :)

Meet that man with a burger when he gets home.. :yum:

Ross

Well, that's sort of the plan...:LOL: We'll be doing the good stuff - homemade grilled burgers here on the patio within a day or two of my brother's return....with grill-toasted onion buns, fresh lettuce, onions, tomato, and I'll cut up some 'taters into steak fries to roast. :chef:

We (them not me) are in packing mode...
Except for personal belongings, I bet everything that left CA when you did is still in boxes, just waiting for you to settle into your own place.

At least that's what I keep telling myself about all of my stuff still in boxes in the basement...and bedroom closets...:ermm:

Except for personal belongings, I bet everything that left CA when you did is still in boxes, just waiting for you to settle into your own place.

At least that's what I keep telling myself about all of my stuff still in boxes in the basement...and bedroom closets...:ermm:

Just how many years have those boxes been packed up CG?:ohmy:
Call some donation place to come and get them. You'll never miss them.

SC did some purging of "his" closet with my permission. At least half of his closet had clothes I brought into this house 10 yrs ago and have never worn in all those years. He was clever getting all those clothes out of the house without me noticing. Today I learned he has his closet all to himself, and that's a good thing.
Out of sight, out of mind.

Actually, we disposed of everything BUT personal belongings before I left Cali.. I UPSed all but a suitcase of needs before flying to MO.. Jeannie will UPS a few more things than I did ( a lady thing, I guess. ;) ) before she fly's here.. She is even selling our Camry.. Kinda fun to start over @ 78.. :ermm::LOL:

Ross

Back
Top Bottom