What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for all the kind wishes. He was seen by a cardiologist this morning. The cardiologist doesn't want him to go home before he has an angiogram. The earliest he can get one is Monday. EKG and other tests were normal. The only issues are the pain and a protein in his blood. I'm a bit of a wreck.

Oh goodness, Taxy...so sorry to hear about Stirling. It does sound like he's being well cared for. Sending healing thoughts for Stirling and big (((hugs))) to you.

"The town of Lingle water system has been shut down due to a power failure from a lightning strike such a system failure carries a high risk of fecal contamination or other disease causing organizms that could enter the system. Do not drink the water without first boiling it boiled or bottle water should be used for drinking ice brushing teeth washing dishes that thing or food preparation until further notice. All stored water or ice made recently from tight supply should be discard. Boil your water for three minutes before using. We will inform you when you no longer need to boil your water."

If they use a home Pure Flo type water filter pitcher, will that do to avoid water borne bacteria?

Having to boil drinking water is kind of extreme. Where the hell is Lingle?

Last edited:
Wyoming, Caslon. It's where PF lives.

Geez, PF, I hope they fix that water system quickly. We've gone through just one boil-water situation since we moved to MA. Once was enough for me. And for heaven's sake, be sure to keep your mouth shut when taking your shower. No Singing! :LOL:

Wyoming, Caslon. It's where PF lives.

Geez, PF, I hope they fix that water system quickly. We've gone through just one boil-water situation since we moved to MA. Once was enough for me. And for heaven's sake, be sure to keep your mouth shut when taking your shower. No Singing! :LOL:

That's the hard part!

I need to go buy bottled today, I was on my last case when this came about. So much for washing dishes. I have a bunch of empty gallon water jugs, maybe I'll just run water through the pressure cooker until I get them filled.

Just remembered, there's a case of Gatorade in the truck and the cooler from the Memorial is still in the back, filled with water bottles..

Last edited:
Wash the dishes and the rinse water with bleach in it. It's what we had to do in Girl Guides - LOL - think of it as retro-camping!

That's what the dragonettes were chirping at me, even had me follow them into the laundry room... of course! Bleach water. Now I have to find a different excuse to not do the dishes.:LOL:

Busy boiling water, need enough to fill cat water, brush my teeth, etc. Save the bottled for drinking and my coffee.

Caslon, until the state chemists tell me the water is safe, I will be boiling or bleaching my water. Easy fix and not expensive. One of these days I'll own a Berky water filter system.

Sooo, I go to park in front of Mom and Dad's. Someone has taken my parking place, some Hot Wheels on steroids looking car. It's a freaking Mini Cooper, bright red! Seems my parents decided they needed a small car to bang around in...but, a Mini Cooper?!? Dad's letting me test drive it this weekend.

Sooo, I go to park in front of Mom and Dad's. Someone has taken my parking place, some Hot Wheels on steroids looking car. It's a freaking Mini Cooper, bright red! Seems my parents decided they needed a small car to bang around in...but, a Mini Cooper?!? Dad's letting me test drive it this weekend.

Nice! I love minis. Years ago I had a 1959 Morris Mini which came with the typical weekly fix this, fix that problem. Had that one only for a year.

I should talk my dad into buying a new Cooper S so I can claim it after a few months. :LOL: At 94, he's in no shape to drive now, but insists he can still drive.

We had a boil order a few years ago, our subdivision well ran dry, and we had to dig a new one. We were able to temporarily tap into the subdivision's well across the street, and even though sharing was in the covenants, they've never forgiven us. Dang newbies.

I got a new rocker-recliner for the sunroom. Big sucker. So I've been moving furniture around. Most of it is stuff I'd built from barnboard and branches, so very rustic.

AHHH - the memories. Mini Cooper SS (which my husband conveniently forgot to add the SS onto the insurance papers) Loved that car! A friend of ours also had one - he and my husband would drive side by side on the clover leafs access'. :wacko::ROFLMAO:

We have a private well and lately we have treated it, shocked it and so getting our water from a local artisian well for drinking about 5 miles from home. There are artisian wells in many states of the US.
Here is a 'find a spring' for Wyoming. Wyoming « Find A Spring

I'm staying out of DH's way while he brings our new/refurbished refrigerator into the sunroom :LOL: It's the spare, not the primary fridge, so we got it at a big discount. He has to bring it up several steps from the backyard and the damn things are heavy!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom