What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been away for a wee while during the day. A friend of mine runs a trucking business with strict deliveries. He's having trouble getting guys to drive for him. They won't take drug tests. Today 3 called in sick. So I've offered to drive for him for a few weeks. He laughed when I said I'd help out, paid of course, I said I don't do drugs and my pants aren't half way down my backside. Lol. He's a good guy. I havnt driven in 30 years so I'm enjoying getting around.

Russ

Ross, what is a "TO cooking vessel"?

Sorry bt... "TO" is toaster oven and "vessels" are what I use to cook stuff... Most TO manuals I've read caution not to use glass vessels... I'm not sure if that's just a "cover their butt against lawsuits" caution or what but, most of my things are glass or ceramic.. I'm trying to find things which are metal, etc.

There are also cautions about using parchment or foil sheets but, I use both.. I just don't want to clean up broken glass dishes..

Ross

I smoked some pork and beef bacon over the weekend. Then I threw some beef heart and tongue on. Came out perfectly. So tender. Sliced up the bacon tonight. It smelled so good I gotta fry some up. I'm starving now. received_2225455817714142.jpgreceived_279339479399432.jpg

Looks really good, Jon.

We had contractors over all day giving us prices for re-doing the kitchen cabinets and floor, so I only got about an hour and a half sleep.

And now I just finished snowblowing the driveway so I can get into work by 11.

The fun just doesn't stop.

Little things I accomplished today or am about to.

This day, I finally bothered to learn how to train my Thunderbird email program to immediately delete (upon opening my email window) email that it thinks is spam. Using an email filter did nothing against spam addresses with little squares mixed into their email address line (TB email filter couldn't recognize them). It took a little doing, but training Thunderbird worked.

I'm also soon about to perform a repair on my Samsung 46" LED TV (after the SB). Why? Because now when I turn off the TV, it won't turn back on unless I unplug and plug it in a bunch of times and hope. I keep it running 24/7 (it only draws 40watts). I'm going to have to deal with it sooner or later. Received the power supply board today. Once you get the back of the TV off, it's pretty easy (from what I know) Remove TV back. Un-attach 3 cable connectors to the board, remove board, screw down newly bought board, re-attach the 3 cable connectors. I think that will do it because I happened upon a YouTube repair tutorial with the same TV model number and symptoms. Replacing the TV's power supply board fixed his problem.

Taking it to a shop to have it repaired equals 2/3 the cost of the TV, nowadays.

Glad I finally got Thunderbird trained and properly set to instantly delete spam that TB's message filters couldn't (squares in the spammers address line). Message Filter couldn't recognize them. Trained TB and it can.

Last edited:
I'm trying to get sleepy. Himself and I have our days and nights mixed up right now. I need to get on a daytime person's schedule sooner or later...

What are you talking about. It is just after 3:45 in the afternoon.

Or, is it? :huh:

Damned internet!!!

CD

5:00 AM here in the east, cd. I'm afraid that in order to get my schedule straight I'll have to do the same thing I would do when I was in high school. To reset my body clock, I'd just end up staying up around the clock. By the time bedtime came around the second time, I had no problem falling into bed and going to sleep. I haven't pulled an all nighter since the last time we moved - in 2000. Then, and the previous move, I was up 44 hours straight each time. I'm afraid I'm too old for that now. I'd probably get to 40 hours and go belly-up with a heart attack.

Maybe one more glass of wine will help. If I don't get sleepy, at least I can pass out! :LOL:

Getting your body sleeping clock in order can be difficult. You can't just go to bed earlier. You can do that, but lie awake all night long.

Last edited:
5:00 AM here in the east, cd. I'm afraid that in order to get my schedule straight I'll have to do the same thing I would do when I was in high school. To reset my body clock, I'd just end up staying up around the clock. By the time bedtime came around the second time, I had no problem falling into bed and going to sleep. I haven't pulled an all nighter since the last time we moved - in 2000. Then, and the previous move, I was up 44 hours straight each time. I'm afraid I'm too old for that now. I'd probably get to 40 hours and go belly-up with a heart attack.

Maybe one more glass of wine will help. If I don't get sleepy, at least I can pass out! :LOL:

So, you were a party girl in HS, wink, wink, nudge nudge.

CD

Lol, Casey.

I just spent 6 hours cleaning, dusting, wiping down monitors, and running pathological tests (stressing computer and audio video systems) in 8 control rooms in preparation for today's Super Bowl.

Not the most glorious job, but it pays the bills. I went through and entire case of Swiffer 360 dusters, and dozens of touchscreen monitor wipes.

Some of the young hot-shot engineers that I work with complain when they have to do this kind of work. They seem to think they're above it. Very book and tech smart, but little knowledge of the real world.

A true engineer makes things work, no matter what. They'll learn. (I hope I'm still around to see it..,)

A loss of a 30th of a second of a single commercial could cost the company over $5 million every 30 seconds.

I think I deserve a percentage of one of those commercials. :)

Last edited:
Who says you have to sleep only at night! I sleep whenever I am sleepy. Sometimes I even micro nap for five, ten minutes. I am retired. I can sleep anytime I want to or not. I do not do anything strenuous. I don't consider housework, work. It is just cleaning up after myself. Either that or live in a pigpen.

And odd as it may seem to some, my TV runs 24 hours a day. An electrical engineer once told me that turning an appliance off and on, over the years causes the appliance to wear out sooner. I believed him, so I never shut it off. Pirate shares in the cleaning and cooking of meals. I do wash all the silverware. A job he hates!

Who says you have to sleep only at night! I sleep whenever I am sleepy. Sometimes I even micro nap for five, ten minutes. I am retired. I can sleep anytime I want to or not. I do not do anything strenuous. I don't consider housework, work. It is just cleaning up after myself. Either that or live in a pigpen.

And odd as it may seem to some, my TV runs 24 hours a day. An electrical engineer once told me that turning an appliance off and on, over the years causes the appliance to wear out sooner. I believed him, so I never shut it off. Pirate shares in the cleaning and cooking of meals. I do wash all the silverware. A job he hates!
Our tv’s on 24/7 too, Addie. Mark sleeps better with a little noise in the background. I’ve heard, too, that turning appliances on and off repeatedly can shorten their lifespan, but I don’t know how much truth there is to it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom