What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He scared us for about 6 hours until we all understood what was happening, they were talking about Life Flight to Denver. But, they figured it out and it was a simple fix. We'll go rescue the nurses tomorrow and get him out of their hair. Several of his caregivers are my friends and they are enjoying him and his orneriness.

Lol, it's great to have friends to help you out in times like these [emoji813]

Feeling horrible. A friend is having to take her husband off life support. He has been in a coma since Wednesday a.m. He is only 44. My heart is absolutely broken.
Sorry to hear this. Having just lost Himself's 50-year old cousin to a brain tumor, I understand the extra jolt when it's someone so young. Young or old, it always causes a heartache.

Sorry to hear this. Having just lost Himself's 50-year old cousin to a brain tumor, I understand the extra jolt when it's someone so young. Young or old, it always causes a heartache.
One of my very best friends was from Sweden, he told me my Mom had roeten Faeden. That is red thread. When I asked him what that meant in English, he told me it was something that didn't translate well but the best way he could explain it was courage, integrity, compassion, strength all wrapped up. I like to think we all have a bit of roeten Faeden when life kicks us in the butt.

Sad to see these health difficulties..

I am at an age where many of my lifelong friends and family members are having issues.. It makes me cherish all those years of good health..

Ross

Hey guys, don't forget we have The Sick Room thread to talk medical conditions and such. Then again, sympathy and good lucks are appropriate in any thread, right? ;)

I've been cleaning and sorting through stuff...still. Wow, how can two people collect so much crap over 45 years? Oh, yeah, some of it is still my Mom's stuff I haven't moved along yet. :ermm: Slowly, surely, I'll get our possessions down to a manageable lot. Now I have to figure out when we'll go get Goober to help with our yard/garage sale, and when Lovely and her SO can come patch and paint this spring. We need to work around Himself's cataracts surgery.

Jeannie and I, along with D&SIL went wedding clothes shopping.. Their son, my grandson is getting married Feb 22nd in Florida..

Cute story.. The kids met as gamers online when they were 13.. Didn't meet face to face until they were 20 (he was in Cali, she in Fla).. Now 25 they are getting married.. They both are an absolute joy.. :)

Ross

Hey guys, don't forget we have The Sick Room thread to talk medical conditions and such. Then again, sympathy and good lucks are appropriate in any thread, right? ;)

I've been cleaning and sorting through stuff...still. Wow, how can two people collect so much crap over 45 years? Oh, yeah, some of it is still my Mom's stuff I haven't moved along yet. :ermm: Slowly, surely, I'll get our possessions down to a manageable lot. Now I have to figure out when we'll go get Goober to help with our yard/garage sale, and when Lovely and her SO can come patch and paint this spring. We need to work around Himself's cataracts surgery.
Condensing the collection of one's life, or that of a loved one, is an emotional rollercoaster. My Dad and I get into so many arguments about what to do with this or that. Right now, the challenge is what to do with Mom's Shirley Temple doll. I finally found the missing shoe. That was an issue--she was missing a shoe for about a week. Sort as if you are dying--keep the things that have family memories and give things to those you love who will appreciate them. My cousin's son is getting married--he's coming up next weekend to get my Grandma's wedding band from me. I am so excited to give it to him.

...Sort as if you are dying--keep the things that have family memories and give things to those you love who will appreciate them...
My problem is that I find they all have memories! I'm slowly learning to keep the really important ones and pass on/share the lesser ones. The more I "let go", the easier it's become.

I'm sorry that your dad is being so curmudgeonly about dealing with the personal effects of your Mom. The only "person" I've had to deal with is the voice in my head telling me I shouldn't let go of something. :LOL:

Exactly. I keep telling my Dad that I have yet to see a hearse pulling a U-haul. I know that he doesn't want to let go of things--reminds him of his own mortality. We all die.

It's usually a lot easier to let go of stuff, if it can be given to someone who will appreciate it. But, some of the memory stuff has no great value to other people. :(

Bleaching my cutting boards. Periodically, my plastic cutting boards accumulate stains that don't come off in the dishwasher. I stack the cutting boards in the sink with bleach-soaked layers of paper towel between and let them sit for a bit. They come out nice and snow white.

I'm waiting for two separate grocery deliveries. One is from a local supermarket and should arrive between 16:00 and 18:00. The other one is a produce basket, with other local stuff. That arrives between noon and 18:00. They usually narrow it down at some point after they have sent off the driver. Ah, I see they finally updated the deliver time, "Your order 5304327 should arrive at 17:12. We are 12 stop(s) away."

In keeping with the thread title, what I am doing now is drooling over Luckytrim's posting of his shrimp dish. Yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am also working on my binder full of "Quick Bread" recipes. Be prepared, you know if I find any really good ones, I will be posting them. Also, if you have any requests, I will be here all night. Oh, that is what they say in Vegas, sorry. lol

Last edited:
Sitting in my chair, listening to the drips in the front veranda which is leaking because the snow is so deep on the roof there's an ice jam.

Had an ice jam in the kitchen last week, this week it's the front.

Can't do anything about it, neighbour's still away, handyman down with a nasty cold. My back is too sore to even think about it.

LOL - telling myself now that I'm back on the wagon (from holiday binges) it is not a good enough excuse to open a bottle of wine.... (darn it!)

Oh well, guess my pity party is over for now... finish putting away some groceries, go and get the pickaxe to chop the ice on the downspout by the kitchen and hope I don't miss and hit my foot!... :ohmy:

Sorry, guess this should be in vents.. but my excuse is that this is actually what I'm doing now. Thanks for listening guys.
Does someone have an extra room?... in Florida/Arizona/California? :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom