"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-11-2020, 03:56 PM   #31541
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Aw phooey, Dragn. I hope the ice jams, etc. let up soon.

Old 02-11-2020, 06:15 PM   #31542
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragnlaw View Post
Sitting in my chair, listening to the drips in the front veranda which is leaking because the snow is so deep on the roof there's an ice jam.

Had an ice jam in the kitchen last week, this week it's the front.

Can't do anything about it, neighbour's still away, handyman down with a nasty cold. My back is too sore to even think about it.

LOL - telling myself now that I'm back on the wagon (from holiday binges) it is not a good enough excuse to open a bottle of wine.... (darn it!)

Oh well, guess my pity party is over for now... finish putting away some groceries, go and get the pickaxe to chop the ice on the downspout by the kitchen and hope I don't miss and hit my foot!...

Sorry, guess this should be in vents.. but my excuse is that this is actually what I'm doing now. Thanks for listening guys.
Does someone have an extra room?... in Florida/Arizona/California?
I have a nice comfy sofa.

cookieee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 12:05 PM   #31543
Master Chef

I am missing my grandson. He has lived with us for the last 6 months. He graduated early from high school and got his own apartment. He has a good job and will be going to college this year. He comes to visit when he gets time. But i sure do miss having him living here.
Old 02-13-2020, 12:31 PM   #31544
Certified Pretend Chef

Our cable/internet went out yesterday. Called Comcast and a technician showed up this afternoon. Turns out he was the little blond-haired kid who used to live next door 20 years ago! He's 22 YO now and towers over me (I'm 6'2").
Old 02-13-2020, 01:01 PM   #31545
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnn L. View Post
I am missing my grandson. He has lived with us for the last 6 months. He graduated early from high school and got his own apartment. He has a good job and will be going to college this year. He comes to visit when he gets time. But i sure do miss having him living here.
JoAnn, I feel for you. I can never understand parents who say they can't wait till all the kids are gone. My daughter is not like that, but I do tell her to really enjoy and spend more time with her son who is a senior in high school. They are gone just too darn fast. I would give anything if my grandson could live with us. We live next door to a college. But he wants to go to one real far away.
cookieee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 09:53 PM   #31546
Master Chef

One of our other grandson lives in The Netherlands, he has his own coffee shop so he doesn't get to come home but maybe every other year. We sure are very proud of what he has accomplished. You are so right about how fast the years go by.
Old 02-13-2020, 11:05 PM   #31547
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I just finished frying up some Italian sausage in small chunks. Those will be going in the freezer for later use. I made the sausage mix last night. I tweaked the mix and really like how they came out.