What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good grief. What was he thinking in that video with that flashing light when he showed what a scintillating scotoma might look like. That was horrible.

I never get grey. I get a tiny spot of rainbow colours that gets bigger and then turns into a jaggy circle of prism colours that grows until it has expanded beyond my field of vision. BTW, I have had all those consultations and tests.

Exactly what I get and so does Dad. Dad's usually go into a full blown migraine. I've only had that happen twice. Now when I get an Ocular Migraine, I take 2 aspirin with a can of pepsi or a sweetened coffee and lie down if possible. Makes the ache go away before it starts.

Social distancing. IMG_20200429_170615.jpgIMG_20200429_170740.jpg

I just finished trimming and chopping two pounds of strawberries to make strawberry jam. I just remembered the new bread maker DH gave me for Christmas has a jam setting! Tempted to try it out, but if it doesn't work, I'll be upset to have wasted all this time and money.

I just finished trimming and chopping two pounds of strawberries to make strawberry jam. I just remembered the new bread maker DH gave me for Christmas has a jam setting! Tempted to try it out, but if it doesn't work, I'll be upset to have wasted all this time and money.

I hear ya. I would try it with a smaller amount of a cheaper fruit the first time.

I'm not a jam maker but what could go wrong? If the jam doesn't cook long enough or get hot enough to set, can't you just cook it again on the stovetop?

So...Mom, Dad and I were talking and my brother (the Icky Boy) needs a vehicle. Last August Dad had helped me out with buying the Honda when I could not get the pickup into a garage because of the hail storm damage. Nothing really wrong with the truck, I'd been thinking about something smaller that didn't use so much gas. Dad helped me to the tune of $6000 for the Honda and I've been paying him back...then the heart attack and I missed a few payments to him. But, so far I've paid back $2500. M&D also helped while I was recovering with groceries, etc.

I told them they could have the truck and do what they needed to get it to my brother. Dad insisted on $5000 for the truck, that with what I had already paid them...I am OWED $445. Now I was trying to work it out so they did not have to pay me anything, if nothing else I would still owe them some money.

We are calling it even, now I have to clean out everything in the truck...I LOVE my parents. (and the Icky Boy)

So...Mom, Dad and I were talking and my brother (the Icky Boy) needs a vehicle. Last August Dad had helped me out with buying the Honda when I could not get the pickup into a garage because of the hail storm damage. Nothing really wrong with the truck, I'd been thinking about something smaller that didn't use so much gas. Dad helped me to the tune of $6000 for the Honda and I've been paying him back...then the heart attack and I missed a few payments to him. But, so far I've paid back $2500. M&D also helped while I was recovering with groceries, etc.

I told them they could have the truck and do what they needed to get it to my brother. Dad insisted on $5000 for the truck, that with what I had already paid them...I am OWED $445. Now I was trying to work it out so they did not have to pay me anything, if nothing else I would still owe them some money.

We are calling it even, now I have to clean out everything in the truck...I LOVE my parents. (and the Icky Boy)
Awww

I just got my grocery order delivered. I also got last week's order at the same time. Oh my goodness. That's a lot of stuff. I have been disinfecting and putting away stuff and marking it off on each of two receipts. I stopped after I put away all the refrigerator items. I had to do that by myself, because DH is busy online. This is one of two weekly role playing games that are usually played at someone's house, but currently they are being played via some kind of video conferencing. I think it is something specific to gaming. I'm exhausted. At least I finally got my groceries.

...I LOVE my parents. (and the Icky Boy)
And I love happy stories! :heart:

I'm also impressed with the success you and your work team have had with keeping the nursing home Covid-free. Good job, PF, good job. I heard on our news this evening that 60% of the over-4,000 deaths in MA have been in nursing and extended-stay facilities. The death toll at two Veterans' homes have been criminal.

And I love happy stories! :heart:

I'm also impressed with the success you and your work team have had with keeping the nursing home Covid-free. Good job, PF, good job. I heard on our news this evening that 60% of the over-4,000 deaths in MA have been in nursing and extended-stay facilities. The death toll at two Veterans' homes have been criminal.

Yes, we hear this every day, too. I am so unhappy with the deaths in nursing homes. People are so scared, we have no admits. They go home and fail, ending up back in the hospital. We are at our lowest census since I started working here. Not saying I want them to have to come here...I would be happy if they could go home and succeed.

Strange job, sick or unable to care for themselves, but I wish they didn't need us. But, I love them.

You and your fellow nurses and medical personnel are special kinds of angels, PF. :angel:

One nursing home was clean and safe until they took in a rehab patient from a hospital. The hospital said that the patient tested negative, so the nursing home took the patient in. You can guess what happened after that...:( Yup, showed symptoms and the second test showed positive. Now a number of residents are also testing positive. Insidious, this disease.

You and your fellow nurses and medical personnel are special kinds of angels, PF. :angel:

One nursing home was clean and safe until they took in a rehab patient from a hospital. The hospital said that the patient tested negative, so the nursing home took the patient in. You can guess what happened after that...:( Yup, showed symptoms and the second test showed positive. Now a number of residents are also testing positive. Insidious, this disease.

If we do get an admit, they are quarantined for two weeks in a negative pressure room and we have a squad of personnel, down to housekeeping, that will care for them exclusively. I am not on that squad, too soon after my surgery, but I will have to get geared up and do face-to-face interviews, especially if they are Medicare. I know what to do and how to do it, I'm not scared of working with them.

I spent the afternoon making some sauce and a batch of meatballs. SO has been wanting meatballs for meatball subs. I have a starter brewing so tomorrow I can make Italian sub rolls for the sandwiches.

Also making a lemon pudding cake for Mother's Day dessert.

Gah! After turning around in the parking lot of Market Basket, I'm now "parking" in line at Price Chopper. No matter how whacked out my body clock gets when I shop during the wee senior hour at the crack of dawn, I'm not shopping in the afternoon again for a long time.

On to Aldi after I blow this pop stand and make a pit stop at home.

I just got my grocery order delivered. I also got last week's order at the same time. Oh my goodness. That's a lot of stuff. I have been disinfecting and putting away stuff and marking it off on each of two receipts. I stopped after I put away all the refrigerator items. I had to do that by myself, because DH is busy online. This is one of two weekly role playing games that are usually played at someone's house, but currently they are being played via some kind of video conferencing. I think it is something specific to gaming. I'm exhausted. At least I finally got my groceries.

Taxy,
Your post got me to thinking about grocery deliveries.
Shopping here has become such a hassle.
I did some checking yesterday to see if I could shop from where I live to the next closest store. Found out that yes I can. Signed up an account.
Shopped.Was able to talk with my own personal shopper, right up to delivery.If an item was out of stock he upgraded it upon my approval.

Hubby was skeptical about it until I sent pics 2 hours later when everything was delivered on time to my door.:cool:
Really enjoyed my Ben an Jerry's chocolate therapy ice cream. :LOL:

Munky.

Back
Top Bottom