What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm perusing "Top Chef: The Quickfire Cookbook" I bought at Tuesday Morning yesterday. I want to improve my food photography and it has tons of gorgeous photos. Good recipes, too :)

Were they Russian tea cakes, with ground almonds, covered with confectioner's sugar? I love those, too. DH doesn't like almonds, so I get to eat them all :mrgreen:

No, they weren't Russian tea cakes. These look like a simple blonde sugar cookie, about 3 inches in diameter. They are very mellow with the only flavors coming from cane syrup, vanilla and fresh lemon juice. They are very cake-like in texture, hence the name.

We just got home from visiting some old friends this weekend. It was great to see them again. I ate & drank way off my eating plan, it all tasted so good but I am feeling pretty quilty. Tomorrow night we need to leave again to go to my aunts wake in Minnesota.

You will get back on track I am sure. We all have faith in you. :angel:

simonbaker said:
We just got home from visiting some old friends this weekend. It was great to see them again. I ate & drank way off my eating plan, it all tasted so good but I am feeling pretty quilty. Tomorrow night we need to leave again to go to my aunts wake in Minnesota.

Take care,and drive carefully, Simonbaker!

Wakes are a great time to reconnect, hope you can relax and have some fun despite your loss.

We just got home from our weekend trip to see our son and his family. We had a wonderful time. We went to a Veterans Day parade on Saturday, played on Sunday. My grandsons love to have us visit and we brought along their Uncle too! Such a nice time. Family is one of my favorite things! I'm so glad that I fell in love with my Hubby years ago and started all of this! :)

We just got home from our weekend trip to see our son and his family. We had a wonderful time. We went to a Veterans Day parade on Saturday, played on Sunday. My grandsons love to have us visit and we brought along their Uncle too! Such a nice time. Family is one of my favorite things! I'm so glad that I fell in love with my Hubby years ago and started all of this! :)

it is heartwarming to hear expressed such sweet, family- oriented sentiments, chopper. glad you got to enjoy a family weekend.:)

vitauta said:
it is heartwarming to hear expressed such sweet, family- oriented sentiments, chopper. glad you got to enjoy a family weekend.:)

Thank you. I really can't think of a better way to spend my time than to be with my family.

my day is over. i snacked. i'm pretty sleepy. pj's on, sleepiness hitting now. time to call 'er a nite~

Have a safe trip SB and a great time :)

Lovely to hear you had such a nice time Chopper :)

Always nice to spend time with family :)

I just made the appointment to have my winter tires installed. I was going to get steel wheels, but the guys at Swedish Auto said I didn't need them. They are really good about trying to save me money.

So I asked about it at The Volvo Resource: brickboard.com. It's a forum for Volvo owners. All the replies suggested that I get used alloys as winter wheels, rather than steel wheels. They won't rust, they won't need wheel covers, and they don't weigh as much. And yes, having winter wheels is better for the tires than putting them on and pulling them off every year.

So, today I ordered the winter tires (Gislaved, made in Sweden), used alloy wheels, winter mats, and winter wipers. The used alloy wheels only cost $25 more per wheel than new steel wheels. w00t! :w00t:

I just made the appointment to have my winter tires installed. I was going to get steel wheels, but the guys at Swedish Auto said I didn't need them. They are really good about trying to save me money.

So I asked about it at The Volvo Resource: brickboard.com. It's a forum for Volvo owners. All the replies suggested that I get used alloys as winter wheels, rather than steel wheels. They won't rust, they won't need wheel covers, and they don't weigh as much. And yes, having winter wheels is better for the tires than putting them on and pulling them off every year.

So, today I ordered the winter tires (Gislaved, made in Sweden), used alloy wheels, winter mats, and winter wipers. The used alloy wheels only cost $25 more per wheel than new steel wheels. w00t! :w00t:

They sound great Taxy :)

We recently got some new tyres for our car too :)

Happy Tuesday :)

This morning I am going to start moving some peebles and bricks from around our water feature in the garden as we are taking it out this weekend

As lovely as it is, it is a place for mozzies to breed and hang around, with water just there all the time and there are always so many of them out the back and they love me, but I hate their bites, so it must go!

We are going to replace it with a large plant or a couple of smaller ones and then cover the area with bark to match the surrounding area :)

Then I have to go to the shops for a stack of fruit...we are changing our eating habits to be even healthier :)

Then I am going to visit mum for a coffee :)

Happy Tuesday :)

This morning I am going to start moving some peebles and bricks from around our water feature in the garden as we are taking it out this weekend

As lovely as it is, it is a place for mozzies to breed and hang around, with water just there all the time and there are always so many of them out the back and they love me, but I hate their bites, so it must go!

We are going to replace it with a large plant or a couple of smaller ones and then cover the area with bark to match the surrounding area :)

Then I have to go to the shops for a stack of fruit...we are changing our eating habits to be even healthier :)

Then I am going to visit mum for a coffee :)

I keep a small amount of fruit on hand. I hate fruit flies. And they seem to come from nowhere. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom