What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now that I'm done doin' my happy dance, I think I've been bitten by the knitting bug.

I knit all sorts of things for folks for Christmas and have the knitting itch something fierce today. Glenn's son and his wife are expecting a son on February 1st and I've gotten the notion that I should make a blanket for him. I've already made all kinds, not knitted, of baby things but what's one more?! Grandchildren are to be spoiled.

I love to knit. It's therapeutic for me and I have the pattern, the needles, and the yarn so.....

Knit one, purl one............

Here I go!

Last edited:
Doin' the "happy dance." Well, as best I can with my healing knee.

Twice a day while in the hospital and once a day since I've been home, I've had to have blood thinner shots given in my stomach. Ugh! I came to dread the nurses in the hospital. By the time I arrived home, my stomach was tender and black and blue.

Good thing for me, Glenn was a medic in Vietnam and has been giving me the shots at home. He's does a far better job than any of the nurses. I never knew when he'd given me my shot. He could teach the nurses a thing or two.

So, why the elation? He just gave me my last shot!!!! Check off another milestone in my recovery. Yeah!!!

Maybe Glenn should teach a class. My patients always responded well to me when I gave them their shots.

Maybe Glenn should teach a class. My patients always responded well to me when I gave them their shots.

He did an awesome job. In, out and done before I'd ever realized he'd begun. He must've been well liked when he was a medic and it appears he didn't forget after all those years. He told me that when he got out of the army, he was qualified as a registered nurse. He wasn't able to pursue the field because of the educational restrictions that were in place at the time. He would have had to have gone to Washington state in order to get fully certified. For many reasons, that was not possible. Oh, well, at least I'm able to avail myself of his fine skills.

I'm about to get some computer bits and bobs for Stirling and I'll stop at the liquor store too. We're out of wine. :ohmy: We're also out of tequila and almost out of triple sec. Gotta be able to make Margaritas.

Good morning everyone :)

This morning I have a couple of MS jobs to go and do and a bit of shopping

I can then relax this afternoon with the air con on....another hot week ahead!

All great news Katie :)

Doin' the "happy dance." Well, as best I can with my healing knee.

Twice a day while in the hospital and once a day since I've been home, I've had to have blood thinner shots given in my stomach. Ugh! I came to dread the nurses in the hospital. By the time I arrived home, my stomach was tender and black and blue.

Good thing for me, Glenn was a medic in Vietnam and has been giving me the shots at home. He's does a far better job than any of the nurses. I never knew when he'd given me my shot. He could teach the nurses a thing or two.

So, why the elation? He just gave me my last shot!!!! Check off another milestone in my recovery. Yeah!!!

I'm about to get some computer bits and bobs for Stirling and I'll stop at the liquor store too. We're out of wine. :ohmy: We're also out of tequila and almost out of triple sec. Gotta be able to make Margaritas.
I got a 5-Port 10/100 Desktop Switch. It was supposed to be 8 ports. :(

I showed the guys at the store the printout of their web page with what I needed and they gave me the wrong one. The boxes look almost exactly the same. I'll have to go back tomorrow and exchange it. Stirling might need the 8 port one tonight. He's working on a deadline.

I was successful in getting the booze.

Putting up the Christmas tree. Pooped already and haven't hung one deco yet. DH is chasing a bad bulb? Or ??? On this 12 ft. pre-lit behemoth. There are 5 sections, haven't put the 5th one on yet.....still looking for that lighting issue. :-(

image-3882717368.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful tree! Ours was up & decorated when I got home a little while ago. The reach in cooler broke down at work, again. Had to stay late & clean it out, again. Enjoying listening to my daughter play piano, best part of my whole day.

Thanks SB. I will post another pic in a few days when it is all decorated. So sorry about your cooler issues....rats! Nice to come home to a chore done though, and I bet it is great listening to your daughter playing. Enjoy your evening.

Enjoying a brandy and egg nog before warming TDay leftovers.

Last edited:
Nah, I don't have much hope for them this season either, but next year once Peyton gets a new contract as coach, I think we'll be allright. Regardless, win or lose, I'll be a diehard Saints fan till the end :yum:

This afternoon I met Steve up at the local shopping centre and we bought him some shoes, then had a lovely dinner and now relaxing with the air con on, oh and there have been thunderstorms here too.....still hot though :rolleyes:

Now that I'm done doin' my happy dance, I think I've been bitten by he knitting bug.

I knit all sorts of things for folks for Christmas and have the knitting itch something fierce today. Glenn's son and his wife are expecting a son on February 1st and I've gotten the notion that I should make a blanket for him. I've already made all kinds, not knitted, of baby things but what's one more?! Grandchildren are to be spoiled.

I love to knit. It's therapeutic for me and I have the pattern, the needles, and the yarn so.....

Knit one, purl one............

Here I go!

And she is off!!! :angel:

There is one nurse over at Winthrop that when she has to draw blood, you almost thank her. You never feel the needle go in. And she always hits it on the first try. :angel:

There is one nurse over at Winthrop that when she has to draw blood, you almost thank her. You never feel the needle go in. And she always hits it on the first try. :angel:

I appreciate the ones that listen to me when I tell them where to poke. First time, every time.

Back
Top Bottom