What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
just picking up the house. researching things i want to do to the house, couch cover, kitchen curtains etc. combining two christmas gift cards and adding a bit of my own. i will have enough to buy a new sewing machine. then i can go more projects, more easily.

Grandson Josh and I are getting ready to play "pick up sticks". He had never heard of the game before, I told him my brother and I use to play it a lot when we were kids.

just picking up the house. researching things i want to do to the house, couch cover, kitchen curtains etc. combining two christmas gift cards and adding a bit of my own. i will have enough to buy a new sewing machine. then i can go more projects, more easily.

I gave my sewing machine to Son #1. He can get better use out of it than me. He likes to sew, I don't. And the family can now go to him to do their mending. :chef:

I'm roasting some pearl onions and big garlic cloves. I'm thinking half for creamed spinach and half for the soup I started with the peels and layers of the onions and 3 drumsticks.

I just peeled the onions and garlic again. I didn't hear the timer go off, so they got scorched.

Fortunately, they were almost all easy to get out, There was so much of the skins I had taken off, that I'm going to mix them with the drippings and see if it would be good for stock or gravy.

I think I'll just put this dish on hold for tonight and continue tomorrow. A night in the fridge will give those flavors depth.

The house smells wonderful! All that garlic and roasting onions.

My sweetheart gave me a 9-speed Kitchenaid hand mixer for Christmas and I've been having a ball "playing" with it.

Had several egg yolks left that I wanted to use up so I (used my new mixer) made some fattigmand bakkels, which turned out soooooo yummy. I had a new fattigmand cutter that I got just before Thanksgiving and I've been chompin' at the bit wanting to try it. Awesome. Made the job of cutting the cookies so much easier. I had 3 dozen cut, looped and fried in no time flat.

Now I really, really think I need to make some rosettes. Haven't made them in years and the deep fryer is all torqued and ready to roll. And I hear my rosette irons calling me. Hmmm.......:rolleyes::rolleyes:

It's not as if I haven't already made a bunch of cookies. Almost 20 different kinds for Christmas dinner, but you never know when a plague of cookie-eating locusts might descend.

I just handwashing a bunch of dishes (I had let the pile up a bit). SO got off early so we're off to look at and buy a DW this afternoon.

Katie H said:
My sweetheart gave me a 9-speed Kitchenaid hand mixer for Christmas and I've been having a ball "playing" with it.

Had several egg yolks left that I wanted to use up so I (used my new mixer) made some fattigmand bakkels, which turned out soooooo yummy. I had a new fattigmand cutter that I got just before Thanksgiving and I've been chompin' at the bit wanting to try it. Awesome. Made the job of cutting the cookies so much easier. I had 3 dozen cut, looped and fried in no time flat.

Now I really, really think I need to make some rosettes. Haven't made them in years and the deep fryer is all torqued and ready to roll. And I hear my rosette irons calling me. Hmmm.......:rolleyes::rolleyes:

It's not as if I haven't already made a bunch of cookies. Almost 20 different kinds for Christmas dinner, but you never know when a plague of cookie-eating locusts might descend.

Your post made me smile. Years ago when I received my Kitchenaid mixer for Christmas I baked all sorts of cookies too! Then when I received the pasta attachment I made every kind of pasta I could think of. And then there is the ice cream attachment! Life is good!

Your post made me smile. Years ago when I received my Kitchenaid mixer for Christmas I baked all sorts of cookies too! Then when I received the pasta attachment I made every kind of pasta I could think of. And then there is the ice cream attachment! Life is good!

You're right. My old KitchenAid hand mixer was a 5-speed that was gifted to me in about 1979. It's still going strong, but I've discovered that there are quite a few times when I need some extra power so.....

I love getting and playing with new toys and it's especially fun now that I'm retired. I can play as long as I want any time I want. You bet, life is good!!!!

I just heard on the news that a large cloud of cookie-eating monsters were right behind Santa and his reindeer. You better get busy! :ohmy:

today i attended "babetoo's spa" silly joke huh? just means did more grooming things than i usually take the time to do. won't list all the actual procedures, aren't you glad? the up side, it always makes me feel better, even if i am a bit slippery from all the lotion. dinner next and that's it.

today i attended "babetoo's spa" silly joke huh? just means did more grooming things than i usually take the time to do. won't list all the actual procedures, aren't you glad? the up side, it always makes me feel better, even if i am a bit slippery from all the lotion. dinner next and that's it.

We all need self-pampering sometimes. :):)

Back
Top Bottom