What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got a Toshiba. Not only did I have to make sure that it had a full sized numeric keypad, I discovered that I had to make sure there was an indicator for numlock and for caps lock. I wonder if there is something else I should have been looking for that I would expect to be standard.

I'm sure you will find the answer to that question soon enough. Let me know how you like it. I love my iPad, but we would also like to get a laptop. Some things you just need to have an actual computer, and the tablet just won't do.

I got a Toshiba. Not only did I have to make sure that it had a full sized numeric keypad, I discovered that I had to make sure there was an indicator for numlock and for caps lock. I wonder if there is something else I should have been looking for that I would expect to be standard.

Congratulations, Taxi! We have had several laptops over the years and have pretty much stuck with Toshiba. Even my Netbook is Toshiba. Have fun with it.

I am about to make a road map for our hallway that shows where the bedroom and each of our offices are. We keep going into the wrong one, but it has only been two days. :LOL: We should get used to it soon!

Currently searching for some "oomph" so I can head out to grocery shop. Once again I've waited until the last day of the ad sales. :rolleyes: Still trying to shake off the fog from two very exciting baseball games yesterday. It's ALWAYS exciting when your team wins. :) Hope the game is over by 7:00.

CG, I hear you about trying to find the oooomph. As my Mother would say, "my get up and go has got up and left"! ;)

TB is out walking Violet, and then we are heading across the river to get our gluten free bread and buns. Then we will stop for tacos for a late lunch and then go to the bottle depot with all our club soda cans and juice bottles (we drink a lot of virgin spritzers around here ;)).

Then it is back home to see if we can find our spare bathroom and living room under the rest of the "stuff".

Just finished vacuuming the master bedroom and cleaning the en suite, including taking down light fixtures, removing "critters" cleaning and replacing some bulbs etc. next.....heading down the stairs vacuuming as I go....then I will vacuum the 1st floor :( then maybe time for some refreshment, DH is washing outside windows so I am sure he will be ready for a break by then too :)

We just got home from the beach trip a little while ago. DH went to pick up our dog Pippen from the vet where we boarded her this week and I'm trying to make up to the cats for leaving them behind. A friend's daughter fed them while we were gone.

Watching the episode of Copper we recorded last week so we can watch the next tomorrow night, before Crossing Lines comes on.

Right now I am fighting with Windows 8 and the new laptop. I guess I better go downstairs and find a Windows 8 tutorial. I will also see if I can find a copy of the user's guide so I can print it. Whatever the reader that is on this computer is, I hate it. And the danged cursor is frozen.

Today is the last day of our holidays, it has been a truly fabulous week, we have enjoyed every second of it :)

It is a very foggy morning, reminds me of England in Winter and quite chilly brrr

Today we are heading out for our morning walk and then we have more of the game to get on with ;)

We just got home from the beach trip a little while ago. DH went to pick up our dog Pippen from the vet where we boarded her this week and I'm trying to make up to the cats for leaving them behind. A friend's daughter fed them while we were gone.

Have been enjoying hearing of the dinners you had whilst away GG, sounds like you had a wonderful time :)

Waiting for 23 Windows updates to install. The cursor eventually unfroze. I can't find the user's guide on line. I did find and watch a Windows 8 tutorial on the Toshiba site.

It said it was connected to our home WiFi, but it couldn't see the other computers on the network. I might try plugging it into the network cable.

I need to download a driver for my laser printer. Then I will need to figure out how to make it the default printer.

I'm not having fun yet.

Chilling out... well trying to for a change. Heat waves on in the wild west almost 100 here today. So it's not a good idea to be keeping up with all the prep work for the house. I can't wait until everything is finally done. Keeping things organized, sorted, sifted through has been a hassle. Were painting inside. Replacing appliances and having all the heavy duty landscaping finished up that I can't do myself. So if ya don't see me. Don't count me out.
Yet. :LOL:

It's never fun setting up a new computer, Taxy, that's for sure. Let alone learning a new OS.

Waiting for 23 Windows updates to install. The cursor eventually unfroze. I can't find the user's guide on line. I did find and watch a Windows 8 tutorial on the Toshiba site.

It said it was connected to our home WiFi, but it couldn't see the other computers on the network. I might try plugging it into the network cable.

I need to download a driver for my laser printer. Then I will need to figure out how to make it the default printer.

I'm not having fun yet.

We love setting up a new PC and OP :)

Okay, printer is installed. I didn't have to connect the network cable and I can now see the other computers on the network. The user's guide is printed, so now I can read it.

Last night I downloaded the latest version of the firm ware for my Samsung Galaxy and I really like the new predictive typing. It does a pretty good job of guessing the next word I want.

Back
Top Bottom