What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yesterday at the grocery I lucked into a nearly 4-lb. piece of pork belly. The nice young man behind the counter sliced it, and I've spent part of this afternoon frying it. I trim off the rind, then dredge the slice in flour, s&p, and fry it in some canola oil until very crisp. Mmmm. But I only got half of it fried and must finish it up tomorrow.

Dang windows 8 ...I swear, I'm going to download Firefox to this computer. Taking a breakfast break...have prepped enough for 200 people. There are 8 inch long embers flying through the air and the the wind has finally shifted the fire back on itself for a bit.

Well, back to it...

F748A4E5CF1E06C634F68E4389D7DC25_292_292.jpg

OMG :ohmy:

Please be careful !!!!!

Dang windows 8 ...I swear, I'm going to download Firefox to this computer. Taking a breakfast break...have prepped enough for 200 people. There are 8 inch long embers flying through the air and the the wind has finally shifted the fire back on itself for a bit.

Well, back to it...

Please be careful! Take care:angel:

Watching the Red Sox playing San Francisco. They have a new rookie from Aruba starting at shortstop for the first time tonight.

Baseball here too, Andy. I have the Indians audio on Gameday while I go through old magazines, clipping recipes I'll never live long enough to try (I have scads of them already) and scratching the cat when she shows up on top the desk. Since we're in the basement "scratching" is more like grooming her with all the cobwebs and wood shavings she accrues with each exploration.

I just printed a label for one of Stirling's water bottles:

DIHYDROGEN MONOXIDE CONTAINMENT UNIT
WARNING: MAY CAUSE DIAPHORESIS,
MICTURATION, AND ACUTE TISSUE HYDRATION

Well, back to it...

When I bought The Pirate his laptop, it had Vista. We both hated it. He downloaded Firefox and has never looked back. He had Spike remove Vista and load up Windows 8. Now he is a happy camper. :angel:

I just printed a label for one of Stirling's water bottles:

DIHYDROGEN MONOXIDE CONTAINMENT UNIT
WARNING: MAY CAUSE DIAPHORESIS,
MICTURATION, AND ACUTE TISSUE HYDRATION

That sounds yummy! I could use a lot of that. Since coffee is a diuretic. :angel:

I decided that I needed to stop at the pharmacy on the way home from the hardware store. My wrist is getting sore, so I wanted a brace. Since I was going to the pharmacy anyways, I put in an order for Stirling's 'scripts. Got to the pharmacy and the pharmacist recommended Votaren anti-inflammatory cream, since the only anti-inflammatory that has ever worked on me is Voltaren, and, in pill form it's only by prescription. I also bought 4 litres of milk.

When I got home, all I had from the pharmacy was the milk. :ermm: I checked the car. I checked my purse. I phoned the pharmacy and sure 'nuff, it was at the counter. She apologized and offered to have it delivered. It just arrived. Phew.

Time to try out the anti-inflammatory cream and the new brace.

I hope the brace and new med work for you. It makes life a bit difficult when you can only use one hand. :angel:

As opposed to a public clinic? We don't have government health care facilities unless you're in the military.

Or a commercial fisherman. My second husband always went to the Marine Hospital in Brookline. It was operated by the Federal Department of Health. (Surgeon General) They have several of these hospital along the coasts. :angel:

Or a commercial fisherman. My second husband always went to the Marine Hospital in Brookline. It was operated by the Federal Department of Health. (Surgeon General) They have several of these hospital along the coasts. :angel:

When was that, Addie? I live on the Atlantic coast, too, and had never heard of it. I did a little research and apparently it was discontinued in 1981. http://www.pcffa.org/fn-mar08.htm

When was that, Addie? I live on the Atlantic coast, too, and had never heard of it. I did a little research and apparently it was discontinued in 1981. PCFFA Fishermen's News March 2008: Bill to Reinstate Fishermen's Health Care Introduced

Back in the late 70's was the last time I went there. It could be that they were closed. Both husbands were seamen. So I used to go there for both of them. The first one had to have his lower jaw rebuilt due to osteoporosis. So he was in there for a long time. He ended up with a metal jaw. Every so often he would ship out on a tanker as a cook. The money was really good. He would be gone for a couple of months and I would get his weekly check in the mail.

Hubby #2. Was a commercial fisherman and on one trip a wire snapped and came back on his hand and left his thumb hanging by a piece of skin. He too was in there for a long time. They saved his thumb. The hospital had a name but everyone just called it The Marine Hospital. It was right across from the hospital that the Kennedy's owned and started the Special Olympics. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom