What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't tell if you're serious or kidding but puts me in mind of a catfish Woodie Guthrie once met. Wrote about it in a song called Talking Fishing Blues. Seems he caught this giant catfish, saddled him up and rode him to town.

For good or bad, I was serious. My dad was not a nice person when he had been drinking. And yes us kids were scared until the animals went on the offensive.
We didn't get much for Christmas but we got plenty of apology gifts.

For good or bad, I was serious. My dad was not a nice person when he had been drinking. And yes us kids were scared until the animals went on the offensive.

Sorry about your dad. I thought you might be kidding about the attacking catfish, not your dad.

Last edited:
What am I doing?
Smelling vinegar and cut weeds.
I had a plastic container I had left onions in. So I did the baking soda paste and let it soak overnight. Since I now have the baking soda paste, I decided I might as well clean out my sink drains. To get the vinegar hot, I decided to run it through the coffee pot and steamers.
Oh and the field next door just got mowed.

My fish forum people didn't believe it but they liked the story. I shall believe it because it's such a great story.

Putting together my next order for Jet. Total is at my limit. $150. Every item is a taxable item by Massachusetts. A total savings of $10 in taxes alone. And free shipping. :angel:

91 here with a humidity of 45%.
I really need to take out the trash.
It is 80 in my living room .

I put the AC on very low. And I have the window open. I have a really pleasant breeze blowing across my place. I get no sun into this apartment, so it never gets too hot. :angel:

PF, thought you might like to know that National Geo. is featuring Montana in their latest magazine. Beautiful pics. :angel:

PF, thought you might like to know that National Geo. is featuring Montana in their latest magazine. Beautiful pics. :angel:

It's actually featuring Yellowstone National Park, most of which is in Wyoming, not Montana. The photography and graphics are amazing, though. I borrowed the current issue from my dentist's office ;) Yes, I asked her first! :LOL:

Thanks so much to those of you who messaged me with such kind words this past week! :wub:

I've been MIA for a while, it's been a sad and busy past couple of weeks. My uncle up in the Sacramento area wasn't feeling well and went into the hospital the end of April. I couldn't make that long drive by myself so my daughter and I were planning a trip up there to see him but she's got a husband and 3 little ones, 2 of which were still in school, so timing was an issue. Fortunately, my wonderful SIL took off work and stayed home with the kids, so it was just she and I on the trip without having to worry about the littles on a 7 hour drive one way.

My uncle got much worse very quickly and passed away before we were able to get up there. He had pancreatic cancer. :(

We were up there for a week with my aunt, and helping her with whatever we could, and just got home a few days ago. Cancer SO sucks - he was 86, healthy and fit, working out on his treadmill twice a day and still an active member of the Senior Hikers Group in his town. They were world travelers and used to being on the go. My aunt Mary Ann has gone downhill fast - dementia is setting in and I've been on the phone several times a day trying to arrange for in home care for her which she needs immediately. But she is adamant that she doesn't need it. She only has one other relative who is able to help get the ball rolling on her care, but she's also several hundred miles away in the other direction - in Nevada up by the Idaho border.

My Aunt Mary Ann goes to bed around 7 and takes a 3 hour nap during the day, so on a lighter note, my daughter and I were able to get in some sightseeing of the beautiful Mother Lode country up in NoCal. We ate at delicious little mom and pop restaurants and got extra to take to Mary Ann for her dinners. We took a little side trip to Lake Tahoe on the way home and had lunch at a little picnic table on the shores of that beautiful lake and watched the boats go by.

Sorry for the long post, and thank you for reading this far. :) I'm stuck between doing whatever I can do long distance, and knowing that there is only so much I CAN do. It's good to be back here. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom