What Are You Doing Right Now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
JustMeTo: I'd be happy to; it's really a "little of this, little of that" kind of recipe.

1 lb or so of chuck, diced small (that's my way; some like it large)
Brown lightly in batches, drain oil from pot.

add: 2-3 C good beef stock, return beef to pot
add: 1 turnip, diced small
1 or 2 carrots, depending on size, sliced 1/4 to 1/3 inch

simmer for 30 min or so (take your time, there's no rush)

add: 1 med yellow (or brown) onion, medium dice
3 stalks celery, 1/2 " slice
add more beef stock as the situation demands

simmer 30 min or so

add: 2 russet potatoes, pared and 1" dice
1 14oz can petite dice tomatoes, undrained

simmer till spuds tender, adding more stock to your liking.

You can also add, at the end, a small 6-8 oz can of peas or corn (drained) if you like. Sometimes I like, sometimes, I don't.

Sorry to get back to you so late, we spent the day sailing and whale watching. Soaked up plenty of sun; kinda pooped.

Enjoy the soup!

Making hamburgers for the freezer, cleaning the kitchen and prepping the dehydrator for apples and bananas.

Eating ice cream to celebrate the OFFICIAL END of my holiday season!!!
My Daughter's b-day is in early Nov, 1 son is Jan 2nd, today is the other son's.
The gatherings are constant from Halloween until Jan 26th.
YAY!!!!!! I'M DONE!!!!!!!!
I hear ya, Suzie. Our birthday wave starts in March and doesn't end until October. It's crazy!!! BTW, Happy Birthday to your son! (Which son is it?)

Surfing the net while watching (not even half-heartedly) another tired Sat nite live episode. :blink:

As the weather gets worse we are hiding inside from the strong wind and torrential rain today [Sunday] as a Cyclone heads towards us. The wind has really started to pick up in the past few hours and the roads are closing so it could be an interesting night.

I hear ya, Suzie. Our birthday wave starts in March and doesn't end until October. It's crazy!!! BTW, Happy Birthday to your son! (Which son is it?)

Awww thank you! It was Nathan, the middle one.
Thankfully in his mind when you are 5 you have to now put on your OWN socks. :ermm:
Whatever works!

just finished hair coloring, blond again,lol, and a shower. my friend came by for a visit . brought me lots of lemons.and a book. she is having serious med. problems so was very good of her.

my handyman brought his kids to meet me and gave them home made lemon pound cake. he color my hair. busy busy sunday

We are finally watching the movie "The Last Templar." We have started it about three times, but James has fallen asleep every time! We are over halfway through the first part now, so I think we will make it this time! LOL

:)Barbara

Watching the Super Bowl - yippee! I actually get play-by-play in English this year on ESPN International, so it's a bit more fun. Spent the morning painting, spent the afternoon with friends, got home, made dinner, now time to SIT DOWN and take a breather.

I'm up here in the loft on my trusty laptop visiting with you nice folks. J and K are downstairs watching "Dr. Zhivago" and munching on cheddar cheese popcorn.
I have mint tea and a bag of peanuts up here.

I am laying in bed, leg propped up on a chair inverted on the bed with a flattened cardboard box and pillow on it for support, typing on the laptop and watching the end of Princess Bride after having a wonderful dinner made and delivered by a wonderful friend!

I just got done watching the Superbowl and I'm going to bed in a few minutes. I wish it wasn't Sunday night - I could use another day off!

After being in the kitchen almost all day, I am relaxing now and going to watch a nice movie on TV. Then read couple of pages before I drop to sleep.

Back
Top Bottom