What are you feeling?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm feeling this hot weather >80 ° F.
Looking forward to 67 ° F.

Missing my son.

Extreme sadness, I missed the passing of a Legend last Tuesday, just finding out today.

RIP Ray Bradbury

"Venus transits the Sun and Ray Bradbury passes. Well played, Universe, well played."
~~A Fan, David A., Columbia, SC

I'm feeling accomplished and excited.

I designed and created a window treatment for Glenn's mother and what I dreamed up in my head came out just as I'd imagined it would. It just took me a little while to figure out how to make one element "happen" like I wanted it to.

I'm tired. I was up way too late sanding that floor and didn't get nearly as much done today as I had hoped. Back to the farm for 10 days starting tomorrow (well, I'll be back to the City on Friday and Saturday). I am not looking forward to pulling weeds if the heat continues.

beyond exhausted. i'm burnt.

i've been working 65+ hour weeks for the past 2 months with only a day off every few weeks, combined with coaching baseball and being a cub scout den leader... stick a fork in me, i'm done.

i took tonight off after a day of crawling around on my hands and knees weeding the yard and gardens (i don't like to use chemicals when it's not necessary) and even i know when i'm pushing the limit. but lol, tomorrow i'm heading to the nursery to buy veggies for the garden, then get them in the ground, as well as spread mulch, break up bad patches of the yard and get soil and seed down.

if there's time, i need to get weed barrier and white marble chips down along on side of the house's foundation.

some day off, buh?

i'll rest someday when i'm dead.

I'm feeling so happy right now. I just got in contact with a long lost brother and sister .. it's been almost 30 years and now we found each other again !! We have so much to share and the excitement is almost unbearable .. I hope I can sleep tonight !!

I'm feeling so happy right now. I just got in contact with a long lost brother and sister .. it's been almost 30 years and now we found each other again !! We have so much to share and the excitement is almost unbearable .. I hope I can sleep tonight !!
That's wonderful. Hope all your dreams come true. Good luck to all of you.
kadesma:)

Happiness, lucky, good and better than ever. I'm feeling life is good and worth living. My grandkids just left, after dinner and they cleaned up the kitchen asked fora recipe of how I made the creamed corn and Of course had to take the rest of Andy's mom's pilaf home. those kids adore that pilaf and almost come to blows over the balance. so I'm feeling tops.:LOL:
kades

I'm feeling "off" today. The day started off fine, but this afternoon my mood changed. I'm not sure why, recipe testing usually puts me in a good mood!

beyond exhausted. i'm burnt.

i've been working 65+ hour weeks for the past 2 months with only a day off every few weeks, combined with coaching baseball and being a cub scout den leader... stick a fork in me, i'm done.

i took tonight off after a day of crawling around on my hands and knees weeding the yard and gardens (i don't like to use chemicals when it's not necessary) and even i know when i'm pushing the limit. but lol, tomorrow i'm heading to the nursery to buy veggies for the garden, then get them in the ground, as well as spread mulch, break up bad patches of the yard and get soil and seed down.

if there's time, i need to get weed barrier and white marble chips down along on side of the house's foundation.

some day off, buh?

i'll rest someday when i'm dead.
If it is any consolation, I will start the day crawling around on my hands and knees lightly sanding the floor and putting the next coat of finish on it. Load the car, drive 1.5 hours to the farm, off load the car, and maybe get some weeding time in--again on my hands and knees. And, as long as it doesn't rain, I foresee being on my hands and knees weeding until next Tuesday.

i am felling lonely and sad and isolated. i don't hear from my kids unless i call them . surly i can not be that boring . i call , they don't. many days i only talk to my cats. no projects entice me. all the things around me are gloomy. i don't know the answers. i need companionship very badly. wish i could figure out a solution.

babetoo said:
i am felling lonely and sad and isolated. i don't hear from my kids unless i call them . surly i can not be that boring . i call , they don't. many days i only talk to my cats. no projects entice me. all the things around me are gloomy. i don't know the answers. i need companionship very badly. wish i could figure out a solution.

Babe, remember you always have us here at DC. I'm so sorry that you are lonely. Shame on those kids for not remembering, that you are there alone and could use some companionship. Is there any chance you could get a room mate? Maybe another senior lady who is also lonely? Do you go to your local senior center? They have so many activities and lots of folks who are there for the same reason. I guess you could just be up front with the kids and tell them how you feel, sometimes we just need a reminder. Keep your chin up dear, I'm sure things will get better.

i wish you lived closer, babe. i'd drive over and ick you up, and you could come back with me and help me plant my veggie and herb gardens.

then, we could head over to cws's for some floor work... :angel:

seriously, though, as bunny said, you have us.

Babetoo--I feel this way sometimes too, I think all people do. Kids are tough, they have their own lives, they don't realize we still need them too. Take some time for yourself and invite yourself into someone's life, or invite them into yours. You are worth spending time with. I wish I was there, so we could have coffee or tea together, and just chat.
I've invited myself into my older son's apartment--it was great. It doesn't always have to be here with me. I write emails and letters to my sons, sometimes they respond, sometimes not. I know they love me, they are just busy with jobs and girlfriends. Keep up with old friends and take time to make new friends. I hear you.

I didn't understand when my mom called me on the phone many years ago and told me I had to call her more often. Now that my daughters are adult and completely engrossed in their lives, I don't see them or hear from them as often as I'd like. Now I understand.

I make a point of calling my mom twice a week. For a long time, I rarely called my dad (parents were divorced). I really wish I had called him more often, he's gone now. It's been 6 years.

Babe, I think you need to tell your kids you'd like to hear from them. I was really self-absorbed in my 20’s and 30’s, I think that may be true of a lot of folks. Good luck and hugs to you!

Last edited:
Right now my stomach is in an uproar. My eye surgery is scheduled for 8 a.m. tomorrow. I want to vomit. All I can do is get the dry heaves. Surgery has never bothered me as long as I knew they were going to put me to sleep. For this I am going to be just heavily medicated. I think the fear comes from one time when I had a tumor in my anus. They thought that I was out. WRONG! When they made the incision, I felt it and went flying off the table. There I was standing naked in the middle of the OR, blood drippinig for the incision, instruments all over the place and the surgeon screaming at the anesthesiologist. The OR was no longer sterile, so they had to wait for another one to open up. What a nightmare.

The doctors couldn't apologize enough. They asked me if I would be willing to appear before a whole bunch of doctors. I agreed. So I go and sitting there in a semi-circle in seats that go up the wall, are about 200 student doctors. I am sitting down at the bottom of the circle. The doctor that was making the presentation told them about the incident in the OR. Then there was about a 15 minute Q&A session for me and the doctor. If you told me that I had to have open heart surgery tomorrow, it wouldn't even bother me. Because I know I will be asleep. I don't care what you do to me, as long as I am asleep.

I am getting really concerned being this nervous about the effect it will have on my heart. :ohmy:

Oh, Addie, I am so sorry I have missed this and you will be gone already to your surgery! You are in my thoughts and prayers. {{{{{{{{{{Addie}}}}}}}}}}

I am feeling a little on the sad side. Today I will travel into town to attend the funeral of a lifelong friend's MIL. I have known this lady ever since my friend's wedding (I was maid of honour) 30 years ago. When my Dad was in convalescent the first time in 2010, so was she and I used to visit her every day while Dad was in physio. She would show me all the cards she had made and we would chat about anything and everything. Her son used to visit my Dad every time he was up as well.

I am missing a grief counseling session for this but I will be with an extended family that will be grieving their own loss. I am hoping I can be a comfort to them as many of them were for me just a short couple of months ago.

Back
Top Bottom