What are you listening to?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have had E.R. on most of the day on TV. Just listening, not watching unless I hear something good. Like someones leg is hanging off. I love blood and gore. Right now they are showing St. Vincent Hosp. in Sydney, Australia.

I have had E.R. on most of the day on TV. Just listening, not watching unless I hear something good. Like someones leg is hanging off. I love blood and gore. Right now they are showing St. Vincent Hosp. in Sydney, Australia.

What are they saying about the hospital Addie?

What are they saying about the hospital Addie?

The cameras are following patients as they come in the ER. Standard medical stuff. Saturday night is a busy night. Some of it is really gory. You have to have a stomach for it. Doctors standing in a pool of blood. Muscles hanging out, etc. My ideal day would be to be in the OR for a full day just to watch. I would love to see a heart transplant. :ermm:

Adds, it certainly does sound gory...I can stomach some but not all :ohmy:

Having some medical interest and knowledge helps. I worked in a small community hospital for about three years. One of my jobs, if there was a nurse absent, was to go into the OR after scrubbing up and count the sponges (gauze pads) as the doctor used them. They had a rack and he would toss the used ones in a basin and I would hang them up for counting. When they are soakiing in blood, I would have to take them apart and shake them out to make sure none were stuck together. I had to keep up with the doctor as he tossed them so that the count was accurate at the same time the surgery was done. The surgical nurse made the start count. I was considered the dirty nurse. My main job was in the newborn nursery with the babies. One job I hated was wrapoing full term stillborn babies and then bringing in the parents to say goodbye to her baby. I got to do a lot of jobs with the different patients. Learned a lot also. :angel:

Last edited:
Addie, that is so sad :(

Having to do that with the stillborn babies would be ever so sad, you are very strong

As the saying goes, "That what doesn't kill you, makes you strong." I am still alive and listening to a rerun of Frasier. I should get up and change the channel, but right now I am just too lazy. I need to be listening to the vacuum. There is washed tissues all over the floor. Everytimie I do laundry, I forget to check the pockets. :angel:

So true Addie ;)

I am listening to the hum of the pc :LOL:

I finally changed the channel. It looks like Issac is going to New Orleans and miss the Florida Panhandle. As long as it doesn't come up here, I am happy. But the Caribbean Islands are getting the full brunt of it. :angel:

Addie said:
As the saying goes, "That what doesn't kill you, makes you strong." I am still alive and listening to a rerun of Frasier. I should get up and change the channel, but right now I am just too lazy. I need to be listening to the vacuum. There is washed tissues all over the floor. Every time I do laundry, I forget to check the pockets. :angel:

Tissues, no biggie, just put that lottery ticket directly into your wallet!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom