What are you really great at?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corazon

Executive Chef
Native New Mexican, now live in Bellingham, WA
A few nights ago, I told dh I was really good at picking things up with my toes. He wasn't that impressed. But as I walked around the house tonight, with Callum in the front pack and picking up Aidan's toys off the floor using my toes, I thought of starting a new thread.
So, aside from cooking, what are you all really good at doing?

I'm good at
-smiling
-modern dance, I'm of the top in this town
-loving my children & husband

Finding the "good" side to everything
Loving
being a great wife
laughing smiling and being happy.
I also think I'm a pretty good friend

no arguements about pdswife post. she's just stating the obvious.

i am also toe-dextrous. it totally creeps my wife out. my hero is christy brown. :)

other than that, i'm not sure what i'm good at (certainly not engrish). it's all relative, and changes with time.

I am pretty good at...

• annoying the neighbours with my karaoke singing
  • climbing up the descending escalator
  • doctoring images on photoshop
  • making heads turn by my sudden loud burst of laughing or screaming (I have a habit of doing that for extremely slight cause...)
  • cutting the tiny excess nails of my hamster
  • writing upside down
  • speaking "Italish" (sentense with Italian words and English words all mixed up together)
boy am I talented...:ROFLMAO:

My friends tell me my gift is hospitality.
I'm very good with laundry (duh)
My memory has been very good. Friends and family always call me to ask about something.
My gardening skills are quite good.
I must be good with grandchildren - they seem to want to be with me all the time. Of course, I love it!

Most things scientific, research, telecommunications, electronics, writing (fictional, technical, ccokbooks), but most importantly, beind a Dad and a husband. My short term memory is lousy, but my long term memory dates back to 1958:).

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

currently?
procrastinating, listening, sarcasm, editing (but not always, eh, Goodweed?)

formerly?
speaking French, playing guitar, dancing (HH doesn't) - these skills have atrophied through want of practice

Relaxing, hanging out, sitting on my butt :LOL:

While I am serious about that, I am also a pretty good photographer. I have not gone in a while, but back in the day I was a very good canoeist. I can also handle myself very well in a sailboat and many other types of boats.

Oh and eating, I am great at that!:ROFLMAO:

GB said:
While I am serious about that, I am also a pretty good photographer.

There's an understatement!!!

me?
I love to make things pretty. Whether it's a Christmas Tree, or a room, or a garden, a plate of food, or a newsletter....

I am good at seeing the positive in people. I'm a "glass is even more than half full, cause look at the foam on top!" kind of Pollyanna.

I think I'm good at being a mom.

i'm excellent at setting aside my own knowledge & learning a new way.

i'm great at saying, 'you were right & i was wrong.' i make a point of doing so if necessary.

another thing i'm great at- thinking of other people before or at the same time as i'm thinking of myself- leaving room on the bus for the elderly by letting them ahead of me, holding doors for students i see struggling with books and chef's tools and uniforms, cause i know i appreciate it when someone does the same for me, a little smile in the direction of someone who looks at me, nods of respect to certain people, all of these sorts things.

i'm also really great at choosing & combining color/pattern for outfits/ apt. decor. stuff kind of like that.

luvs_food said:
another thing i'm great at- thinking of other people before or at the same time as i'm thinking of myself- leaving room on the bus for the elderly by letting them ahead of me, holding doors for students i see struggling with books and chef's tools and uniforms, cause i know i appreciate it when someone does the same for me, a little smile in the direction of someone who looks at me, nods of respect to certain people, all of these sorts things.

That is a great thing to be good at. I do the same. Now that we have two kids I really appreciate it when someone helps me with the door or picking something up that Aidan dropped. I usually have him by the hand and Callum I'm carrying in his car seat so it is a big help when someone does something little like that for me. What goes around comes around right luvs?

I'm also good at spending a lot of time of dc, something we are all guilty of right?

buckytom said:
no arguements about pdswife post. she's just stating the obvious.

i am also toe-dextrous. it totally creeps my wife out. my hero is christy brown. :)

other than that, i'm not sure what i'm good at (certainly not engrish). it's all relative, and changes with time.

Thank you bucky!

You're a great dad and you are super great at
making us all laugh! Thank you for that! Laughter is a wonderful gift.

hmmmmm. Well, here is the good, the bad, and the ugly:

I, also, can pick things up with my toes!

I can clap with one hand (using either one)--the kids at school love to see me do this! (We saw a guy do this on Johnny Carson one night, and I said, "What's the big deal?" My dad said, "Yeah right, can you do it?" and I answered, "Yeah, I thought everyone could do that."--I really did think everyone could. My mom and dad were very surprised when I showed them that I could! I've had one student who could.).

If I do say so myself, I am an excellent seamstress.

On a spiritual gifts test, I learned that my top spiritual gift is wisdom--I am pretty good at giving advice to people who are having problems.

I am the world's best procrastinator. (Not a good thing!)

I'm pretty good at making people laugh (especially in person).

To go along with being a seamstress, I am very good at picking just the right fabrics for a dress or outfit (harder than you'd think--some people just don't have a clue).

I'm pretty good at writing limericks.

One really bad thing--I'm very good at speaking first and thinking later. :ermm:

Like Joani, I am a Pollyanna most of the time.:cool:

I can find just about anything anyone wants to know about anything online pretty quickly (I'm sure that is true of just about everyone here, but I have a lot of friends who are totally lost when it comes to finding information).

My husband-picking skills definitely got better over the years! :mrgreen:

And last but not least, eye speel reel gud! (Seriously, I have always thought spelling is important, but to keep me grounded God has blessed me with one of the world's worst spellers as a husband!--Maidrite isn't reading this is he? Sorry Honey Bunny! He is actually getting a lot better).

:) Barbara

I am a really great artist, am pretty good at memorizing car stats from magazines, and can repeat my favorite movies word-for-word.:cool:

While my daughters say I am REALLY good at running my mouth, I would say that I am really good at always wanting to be better than I am. I think this is a pretty good thing to be good at cuz-HEY, I'LL NEVER BE BORED!!! Oh, and while I also love ( oh do I ever love) to eat excellent food, I also am unmatched in the "let's just relax and do nothing" department! yep, absolutely unbeatable!

When I meet someone new, I can tell within a sec. if I like him (or her) or not.

I'm really good with animals; I'm a good friend; dh says I'm a good wife and being Grandma seems to come naturally...what a joy! I'm good at tatting and needlework and crafts.

I am, however, one of those people who have NO gift for choosing fabrics!:(

Back
Top Bottom