What are your 4th of July plans??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
dunno yet.
there are probably a few parties and i bought water park tickets for my jake and me so we might go there if they're open that day. my Parents will probably cook something really yummy on the grill, too, and maybe have a fire in the pit later on. there are also gonna be fireworks from 3 different places, and we hang out on the roofs and watch them each year.
there's also a celebration they hold right down the road from my other house where they have lots of food, beer, music, vendors and fireworks.

hey luvs how's the house hunting and signing up for school going? We haven't heard any news lately.

the house has long been picked out. well, not for that long, but i know that's the one i want. but i had to dip into my down payment money, so now i'm not sure. plus the current owner was smoking when i went to look at it, and that was a big criteria point to me. i wanted a non-smoking home.
as for school, that's coming along slowly. i have to get some things squared away, see if i can get any scholarships, that sort of thing, plus get the ball rolling on student loans and whatnot.
thanks for asking.:-p

I'll keep my fingers crossed that everything turns out just the way you want!!

We don't do anything this side of the pond. We were on the 'losing' side, remember?!:cool:

BUT we are gearing up for the Live8 concerts and the march in Edinburgh that Geldof has invited the whole world to attend...... Gleneagles is looming - and I worry about the beautiful statues and gardens in Princes Street - and the buildings like the Castle, St Giles or Holyrood Palace which are all rumoured to be targets of the more, shall we say, anarchist-minded demonstrators :ermm:

I hope you all have a wonderful time, whatever you are doing to celebrate 4 July.

We are going to the lake for the week. Hubby has to cover for a guy at work at the sub-office which is only about 30 minutes from his dads camper so we're all going to stay there. The kids & I plan of spending our days at the pool & maybe doing a little fishing from the bank.

middie said:
probably working until 6. after that we're going to a freind's house to eat and watch fireworks. annual tradition. his mom feeds everyone till you can't eat anymore then we close off the street and blow off fireworks. it's kind of neat because everybody who lived on the street all wander down to watch them too.

Your lucky people in your area dont mind when you shoot off the fireworks. We did that one year and a neighbor came over to complain saying his little kids were scared:wacko: Maybe if they had let their kids watch the fireworks they wouldnt be scared:LOL: Talk about over protective parents:rolleyes:

We'll probably have a bbq, then either watch the fireworks from our rooftop or go down to town to see them (but I hate the crowds).

Road trip leaving tomorrow morning!!! :punk: Gonna drive through the bottom part of Yosemite park, then head to Vegas. On the way back, drive through Palm Springs.

I'm gonna have the time of my life by doing absolutely nothing!!! I work Sunday and Monday so I'll probably just grill something and enjoy a few beers tomorrow and listen to the radio on my porch. :cool:

Hubby and I will try and see the movie War of the Worlds. Has anybody seen this movie? Have a happy and safe weekend everyone.

img_136451_0_75581926feac75b6863b1e5d997988a4.gif

drugging my poor dog who hates fireworks and going to the Bluesfest in Portland!

lol nursery3, we used to have to do that to our dog when i was a kid. she hid under beds from july 2nd to the 5th, or thereabouts. hey, nice piece of nigiri tamago.

back on topic: we are going to a friend's pool party today, but have no plans for quatro de julio. we were supposed to go to my parents house down the shore, but they are having a geezers party, so we'll probably stay home and try to catch local fireworks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom