What are your 4th of July plans??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pdswife

Chef Extraordinaire
I think we're either going to stick around home or just go over to a friends house for a bbq and drink fest. They live right on the water and it's always a great time. :) We just don't know if we want to deal with the crowds and the drive. We were going to go camping but, I have to be back here on the sixth to drive mom to the dr.s and we're heading to Oregon for fun in the sun (or rain) on the 7th. We'll be camping and staying with friends for a week or two then.

Can't wait to hear what you're all going to be doing!!:)

We're going to my husband's family float house for the weekend to relax and do a little fishing. :)

Relaxing and fishing! Sounds like the perfect weekend to me. Have fun, htc!

We're making the trek to Michigan's upper peninsula. Sheila's parents have a place on a good sized lake, so we're taking the boat up and see how many places I can fish in a week's time... (notice I didn't say anything about how many I manage to catch?? :mrgreen: )

John

July 4 is so much fun where I live. July 3rd there will be a craft fair in town. 10 a.m. on the 4th is the local parade. Everyone (!!) is either in the parade or watching the parade. After the parade, there's an afternoon of old fashioned games in the town park - sack races, egg tosses, balloon tosses, shoe kick, etc. Lots of food for sale - smoked turkey legs, sweets. Then at 5:00 a street dance begins (live band) and they play until dark when the fireworks start. The fireworks are shot off of the mountain. The park will be filled with families on blankets yelling, "Oooooo," "Ahhhhh!" We are lucky to be able to hear the music and see the fireworks from our deck, so hubby will build a fire and we'll watch from home.

Our menu for the 4th is stuffed pork tenderloin (mr c is pure cajun and a GREAT cook!!!), french bread, tossed salad, melons and "make your own" ice cream sundaes. (there might be a little wine and beer flowing, too :ROFLMAO: )

I would love to live in a town that did things like that Callie. It sounds like a blast.!!

pdswife - it really is a blast. I used to cringe and try to avoid the "hub-bub" but finally decided if you can't beat 'em, join 'em! :LOL: I really look forward to the holiday now. Everyone has such a good time.

We always celebrate here in our backyard, the kids swim and we just play til dark when we watch fireworks and my son sets off what he bought for my grandsons. We pretty much snack and sit around most of the day. Dinner is hamburgers, hot dogs, corn on the cob, watermelon..and red white and blue triffle:LOL: During the day it's anything from avocado dip and baguette slices, to chips and salsa, stuffed onions, rice torta, white bread, flattened, coated with cream cheese, a picled okra place on top rolled, coat outside with more cream cheese, roll in parsley or chives and munch:LOL: Thank you Paula Deen. There is so much food we just groan our way to bed:LOL: But, heck, it's the 4th. and we celebrate.

kadesma

We're going to my sisters for the first time in 2 years. They pay for everything. It is our company party too. Swim, fish, go cart, watch fireworks, and just get loud and obnoxious :O)

I am going to sit at home and watch the grass grow :ohmy: . I wish we had something to do but we live in a small town and we are broke as a joke. Can I come fishing ? or Swimming ? :rolleyes:

Have a bbq for just the two of you. Set up a blanket on the back lawn and
make some burgers or hotdogs and watch the grass grow together all day.
Hug and laugh and smile a lot and the day will be perfect.

Maidrite said:
I am going to sit at home and watch the grass grow :ohmy: . I wish we had something to do but we live in a small town and we are broke as a joke. Can I come fishing ? or Swimming ? :rolleyes:

Soes your little town have a fireworks at a park or anything?
If so, take what pd said and grab a cooler and make a little picnic for you and Barbara and watch the fireworks together.

Well hopefully this year will be better than last 4th. I was laid up on the floor with a hurt back for the car wreak we'd had 2 days prior (we were rear ended and my car was totalled).

We're heading to Evansville, IN on the 1st for my oldest boys ball tournament it goes from the 1st to the 3rd but the length of time we spend there depends on how well they do.

For the 4th we'll go back to Indiana and see the fireworks in the town we just moved from......awesome display. Not sure but we may hook up with some friends and cook out prior and more than likely drink a few beers. Don't worry we won't be driving back to Illinois if we do decide to drink.

Yea we will do something like that because I am rich with Barbara ! And no If we have fireworks we will have to make them ourself ! Opps DID I SAY THAT ? :LOL: :-p

probably working until 6. after that we're going to a freind's house to eat and watch fireworks. annual tradition. his mom feeds everyone till you can't eat anymore then we close off the street and blow off fireworks. it's kind of neat because everybody who lived on the street all wander down to watch them too.

Maidrite said:
Yea we will do something like that because I am rich with Barbara ! And no If we have fireworks we will have to make them ourself ! Opps DID I SAY THAT ? :LOL: :-p

Have a good 4th, no matter what you two decide to do!

1.gif

5.gif

I've got to work. I get Sunday and Tuesday off, though. It's going to be a slow, slow, day, with a little cookout for about 120 folks at the end of the day. As soon as I can get home, we'll load up the van, and haul everyone to a nearby town to watch the fireworks there. The town we live in will have fireworks the Saturday before the 4th, so the kids will get two shots of fireworks.

Hubby was just told he may have to work so I'm not sure if we'll celebrate Sunday or Monday. We'll just cook out and have my parents over. If there are any neighbors around we'll have them, too. They do fireworks Sat., Sun. and Mon. nights around here so we can take our pick.

Back
Top Bottom