What can you tell me about Air Purifiers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corazon

Executive Chef
Native New Mexican, now live in Bellingham, WA
dh is one of those guys that wants all the doors and windows open all the time because it's "too stuffy" in the house. I'm thinking of getting him an air purifier for xmas. It's soo rainy and damp here that we get mold growing around the window sills and I'm wondering if the purifier will aid in preventing the mold or just get rid of the smell.

Do you have an air purifier? And are you happy with it?

I'm thinking about this one http://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-HFD-130-Germicidal-Purifier-Permanent/dp/B000AQQOF4/sr=8-3/qid=1162830275/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3/002-1757237-5115242?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden

Thanks!

i have air purifier in my room and i think it helps in the quality of the air.I have pets at home and they can "suck" fur in.

Don't get one of those "ozone generators"--I think Sharper Image sells them, and there are some home selling outfits that push them, too.

Ozone is an irritant to the lungs, especially for folks with asthma.

A dehumidifier sounds like just the thing.

Has DH been checked for asthma? I have it, and really notice mold and mildew. Makes me feel like there is not enough air in the room.

Air purifier is not going to help with humidity. You will need dehumidifier for that. However, it will not solve stuffiness of the air in the house, for that you might want to add an air exchanger or air purifier. If I had money, I’d go with air exchanger.

I have an Air Purifier in my den because that is where I spend most of my time. It helps keep the air fresh and that is important to me because Jolie spends a lot of time in the den and it helps with her fur.

I've never heard of a dehumidifier before. Thanks for the info!

dh is just constantly saying he needs fresh air. Even in the summer without mold, he wants everything open. And in the winter, he builds a fire and opens the doors. :wacko: I'm looking for a warm winter. It's the gift that keeps on giving. We also have a shedder of a dog, does the purifier actually suck the hair up? That would be an added bonus, no more pulling dog hair out of Callum's mouth. :ermm:

What's the difference between the purifier and the exchanger?

The air purifiers can be noisy, especially if you run them at night. I'd look for a quiet one unless you like lots of white noise.

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

you actually add some fragrance to the air by dripping some "fragrance liquid" to it and some even said certain "fragrance liquid" can help you in breathing.

Back
Top Bottom