What did Santa bring you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
goboenomo said:
i got ... some measuring spoons ... and a trip to domincan republic.

Whoa! Kinda slipped that last one in there on the sly, didn't ya, Gobo?!

Well, obviously Santa has his good days and his bad, and you caught him on both!

Have fun!!

philso said:
just what is it you're brewing up in that so-called "lab" of yours???

MSN-Emoticon-devil-095.gif

It`s a very good question, for which there is sadly no one single simple answer. it covers Most areas of Science though and suffice to say there`s Always Some project or another "brewing" at any given time, often several at once.

Wow! What nice gifts everyone got! I was very blessed this year - cash, cash and cash as well as a thermapen, silicone mits and trivets, a new shower head with a small one on the side (for what I don't know yet), lovely canisters for my new countertop (when I get them), a cookbook with famous restaurants secret recipes, perfume, a beautiful throw blanket, face cream (for my newly acquired wrinkles), a wonderful candle from my daughter, two bottles of crown royal, a silk scarf from Japan, and from my DC secret santa - wonderful coffee, scrumptious hot chocolate, scrapbooking paper, a notepad and a beautiful mug-thank you santa.

i got a beautiful japanese iron tea pot, trivet, and cups for my desk at work, and some sencha and a fancy oolong.

also, a new 6Mp digital camera, and a beard trimmer.

the best two gifts weren't material, tho. one was umm, corporeal enjoyment ;) , the other was my boy playing "i'm gonna kiss your whole face", this time as the kisser. he's so funny.

I was given the gift of watching my daughter open her 10,000 gifts her her Nana and Voovoo, er um I mean from Santa. It was so much fun watching her rip open the paper and run from person to person helping open their gifts as well.

I was given Anthony Bourdain's Kitchen Confidential. I am loving this book. I was also given some Simpsons DVD's and some Foodsaver canisters among a few other things. I was just happy to be able to spend the time with family.

Easily the best X-mas ever in terms of the loot I took home.

30GB iPod
Portable iPod Stereo
Cuisinart Food Processor
Digital Read Candy Thermometer
A giant SS Calphalon Wok
Some great new serving bowl and platters
New white wine glasses
Season #1 of '24'
Various assorted shirts, etc.

Finally, definitely the BEST gift I got this X-mas, my very first piece of cast iron. It's an 8 inch pan, but here's the real kicker: it's one of my grandmother's many cast iron pieces that she has saved from several generations ago in our family. She believes it belonged to her grandmother originally, but can't tell for sure b/c her gradmother and great grandmother shared the same first name, and she can't quite discern who it belonged to from journals that one of my ancestors kept when they were terkking out into frontier land way back in the 1800s sometime. Either way, I'm so happy to have it and I'm almost scared to use it because its so old.

Wow, sounds like everyone had a nice xmas. I didn't get ANYTHING food or cooking related - boo! Every year I write down all the gadgets, cookbooks, pans I want and this year my requests were ignored. However, I made out like a fat cat. My hubby got me earrings from Tiffanys, a Lecoste polo, Out of Africa on DVD (!) and a couple of t-shirts I'd been wanting. Other family gave me gift cards, leather gloves, PJs and house shoes. I'm going out later to snag some goodies with my gift cards.....

Re: "Out of Africa" - Why the exclamation point Toots? Do you like or hate it? I LOVE that movie (although husband hates it - lol). In fact, he bought it for me on DVD so I could watch it at will when he's not around - lol!!!! Romance, adventure, & true human spirit (as in everyone has their own personal human foibles - we ain't all perfect).

Material wise... not much... well, I take that back, my niece got me a lovely carving set which I adore. But apart from that, the best gift I got this year was being able to share in my husband's family, to be a part of it and to enjoy being around them. (I have all but lost my family and have since adopted my husbands family.)

Another great gift this Christmas was to be able to rekindle a relationship with my mother-in-law... let what is in the past remain in the past, and look forward to new friendships and relationships.

And, to Jeff, my brother-in-law who was lost and is now found, he has found his family and many wounds are in the healing process.

Thank you for the blessings Lord!!!

Toots said:
I didn't get ANYTHING food or cooking related - boo! Every year I write down all the gadgets, cookbooks, pans I want and this year my requests were ignored.
James and I were walking through a store a couple weeks ago. We were passing the 'Ove' Gloves, so I stopped and pointed and said, "HINT, HINT!!--I've been hinting for these for a couple years now!" This year I got two of them. :cool:

:) Barbara

I had a wonderful, peaceful and quiet day with my 4 guys (DH and 3 boys). DH and I didn't go all out this year on one another. I was going to surprise him with a trip to Las Vegas but we were talking in November and we decided we'd all take a trip in the late spring/early summer out to New York, New York.....I think my boys will be completely blown away as well as DH and I.

DH got me a gift certificate for me to get my hair cut and highlighted......he gave it to mea 4 days early and I was able to have it done before Christmas. Boy did I need it...........I had approximately 16 - 18 inches cut off in all. Its shorter than I thought it was going to be but its so much healthier and besides my hair grows like a weed so I'll be longer before I know it.
He also bought me a gorgeous little jacket I fell in love and a funny calander with goofy looking animated cats and dogs.
The boys got me a really pretty candle holder with candles.

The best present of all was to beable to spend the day with all of them......a true family day where we weren't bothered by the phone or anyone have to be here or there. One where we ate too much, watched some wonderful movies and played board games.

As the boys get older and older I cherish these holidays even more. Only wished my mom, dad and brothers were here too.

Sounds like everyone had a great Christmas.
I did too. My hubby got me satellite radio which I've been wanting because I was really missing the music I used to hear in NY.
My boys treated me like a queen too.
Happy New Year to Everyone!

BreezyCooking said:
Re: "Out of Africa" - Why the exclamation point Toots? Do you like or hate it? I LOVE that movie (although husband hates it - lol). In fact, he bought it for me on DVD so I could watch it at will when he's not around - lol!!!! Romance, adventure, & true human spirit (as in everyone has their own personal human foibles - we ain't all perfect).
Its my ALL TIME FAVORITE movie! My husband is like yours, he bought it for me to watch when he isn't home!

Have you read the book? I read her biography a few years ago, she had such a fascinating life....

Christmas Gifts

:( Got so many great presents....Finally got to talk to my Daughter, whom I have not seen it 8 years..She is in Texas and I am in South Carolina..but I talked to her and that is all that matters...Saving up for a plane ticket to see her this Spring..Good Lord willing and the creek dont rise;)

bblonde29431 said:
:( Got so many great presents....Finally got to talk to my Daughter, whom I have not seen it 8 years..She is in Texas and I am in South Carolina..but I talked to her and that is all that matters...Saving up for a plane ticket to see her this Spring..Good Lord willing and the creek dont rise;)
I hope you get to see your daughter in the spring. It is kind of the same here, I am in South Carolina and my daughter (and grandkids, dad, sister, and nephew) are all in California. It has been almost 4 years since we have seen them. Where are you in South Carolina, btw? I am at the border near Charlotte, NC.

:) Barbara

What Santa brought

Nice Dell Dude...:cool: ..I also received the complete hardbound collection of Calvin and Hobbes...(A serious rabid fan of these two precosious (sic) characters..To bad Bill Waterson stopped writing...Oh and also received all the ingredients to make my favorite drink...Chocolate martini:chef: Oh yeah..wooo hooo

I received many very nice things. But the best thing I got was a watercolor especially painted for me of the first fire lookout tower that I worked on when I first started working for the U.S. Forest Service. My brother gave this wonderful present to me and when I got it I was so happy that it made me cry.

I also got a new faucet for my kitchen from my parents. The old faucet was a cheapy plastic one that leaked everytime it was left on cold. The new one is a Moen faucet and I cannot wait to have it installed. My dad and brother said they would install it for me, if I made them dinner.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom