What did Santa bring you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
I got a couple of movies and new sneakers. Mine were about to fall apart.
I got, Pirates of the Caribbean and Twin Towers. We had to watch dh's first last night, Ballad of Ricky Bobby.:wacko: :LOL:
We did our Christmas on Christmas Eve, son couldn't wait any longer to give us ours.

We had a wonderful time last night. DH gave me a new 11 cup Cuisenart f/p, a rachelette set for 8, two gift cards to Williams Sonoma:D a frame with pics of Cade, Carson, mommy and daddy to hang in family room,a beautiful five space wooden salt box with different salts from my sister,a new cookbook, two new angels for my collection, a gift basket of goodies,a creme brulee set with torch from my neice, lots of hugs, snuggles and kisses from my little guys.. I love my gifts they all were given with love, but the best thing of all was just sitting back and watching my family, eat,drink and enjoy each other and it made the evening just sparkle...;) Now it's off to see what Santa left for Cade and Carson under the tree and have a family brunch.
kadesma..Merry Christmas everyone.

I had my 8 year old Leather waist coat repaired, several Beer T`shirts, a Bikers shirt, a bottle of single malt whiskey, and a Girly Calendar for my Lab :)

Santa brought me the gift of forgiveness.

It is the day I try to put into the past that which is exactly that, and look forward to a new year.

With a true, but probably forlorn hope, that the world's will become a little more hospitable as the sun returns to warm us up here in the northern climes.

There was a bit of swag too, including a bottle of single malt whisky. I guess Santa knows what auntdot and YT likes. Have not opened it yet, but it keeps beckoning.

But that is sipping stuff that requires putting ones rump in a comfy chair and chilling.

And the food still needs to be prepared.

And the sun is not yet over the yardarm.

It is however Christmas, and am looking for any excuse to crack that baby.

I need to think this matter over a bit more carefully.

In the meanwhile a very merry time to you all.

And God Bless.

i got a headset, a video card, a monitor, some measuring spoons, and measuring cups, a pastry blender, a candy thermometer, clothes, candy, guiness book or records 2007, shaving stuff, and a trip to domincan republic.

A 10-month certificate to a Hair Removal Spa and a luxury foot bubbler for my tired feet from DH and the kids. My feet are just being massaged...ahhh! What a great feeling. Cash to get me some new clothes from my parents and lots and lots of happiness and love with my family. What else could I ask for? Happiness to you all and God bless.

DH gave me cash...it always fits...and I gave him a tropical print shirt. We'd already gotten him a new recliner and four new kitchen bar stools for "the house".

I made out like a bandit!!!

From husband: Two gorgeous sweaters (& in the right size too!!), a HUGE box filled with gorgeous cookbooks I don't have yet (now THAT'S a difficult task - lol!!), another box of DVD's of old movies I like, AND - TWO piece de resistance gifts for me: first - a "Foodsaver" vacuum-sealer set, complete with the canister systems as well; second - this positively outrageously GORGEOUS "Country French Provincial"-style dinnerware set that I was drooling over when we were in Middleburg, VA, for the hunt/Xmas thing the beginning of this month. It's positively fabulous - roosters, grapevines, lots of different colors so you can mix-&-match lots of different serving ware. And the plates, bowls, etc. are all SQUARE (which is all the rage now). So I have place settings for 4, the full canister set, the divided appetizer server, & the huge water pitcher (which will look great with flowers in it).

I also received a nice Corian cutting board from a friend, & a nice cash gift plus a box of gourmet "stocking stuffer" stuff from my parents.

Life is good! (Can't wait to try out my new Foodsaver on the leftover goose from today's dinner - lol!!!):chef: :chef:

I got a new deep fryer and a new slow cooker. We had a lot of family and it was a great Christmas. I wish all of you guys a great Christmas and a great new Year.

later

I had an early holiday; John had gone to upstate NY cleaning out stuff from his mom's house. He brought back boxes and boxes and boxes! of costume jewelry. To know me is to know I love all things vintage!

He brought in all these boxes, said here, take your pick! OMG! Rhinestones and crystals, faux pearls and handpainted beads. Brooches and long strands and chokers and dangly earrings. Some of this stuff clearly dates back to the 1930's and goes up through the wacky 1960's (anyone remember Laugh-In? Some of it reminded me of that!)

We'd been hitting the egg nog (okay, it was wine ;)) and he draped me like a Christmas tree! I was sitting in a recliner wearing PJ's draped in faux pearls and all sorts of glitter :LOL: WHEE!

But the best of all, he brought back some of his early paintings (he's a freelance oil painter, it's what he does for a living) that he'd done around 1968's of KITTENS. Oh how adorable! Worth more than any bead or button or bow anyone could ever give me!

He'd also done some rather wild caricature-type cats... you can see one I scanned here:

Kartoon Kat pictures from art photos on webshots

I call it the Kartoon Kat but, really is this a cat on amphetamines or what?!

I haven't been able to scan (clearly) the really pretty oil paintings of the kittens he did; might just have to photograph them like I do his large paintings from the art shows. He also brought me some old photos which included pictures of his folks and of himself as a little boy. Those are absolutely priceless. :heart:

Fraidy

Last edited:
A friend gave me a cute sewing basket with cats on it, and some Mexican chocolate. She also gave us a microwave oven. My secret pal at work gave me a cat cookie jar, a pot holder, and cookie mix. One of my students gave me a ceramic bell with a cardinal on it, another gave me a box of candy canes, and another gave me a bible. And my sweetie gave me two bottles of liquid bubble bath (lavendar & chamomile, and cucumber & melon), a box of Calgon Moisturizing Spa Bath, 2 'Ove' Gloves, a watch, an infared heated back massager, and the DVD "The Bear," which we just finished watching. My daughter Nancy said she has some things for us, but she hasn't had a chance to send them yet. My poor sweetie didn't fare as well, but he is happy. I got him six cologne/aftershave sets (he loves to smell good).

:) Barbara

Last edited:
DH bought me a laptop. I love it. Now I can be online and watch my cooking shows (or whatever) at the same time. Kids also bought me a lovely set dishes that have snowmen on them. I am most thankful for time with immediate and extended family and just being together. :)

Not wanting to make anyone else jealous, but I got a present from my youngest son (who knows me well). It's labeled "Redneck Bubble Bath". It is a small packet of beans with the instructions; "cook and eat beans before getting into bathtub."

Merry Christmas

Buck

Buck said:
Not wanting to make anyone else jealous, but I got a present from my youngest son (who knows me well). It's labeled "Redneck Bubble Bath". It is a small packet of beans with the instructions; "cook and eat beans before getting into bathtub."

Merry Christmas

Buck

Oh dear lord!!!!!!!!!:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

nothing material, just the company of my dearly loved girl who was able to drive down to be with me...priceless. We decided to save the money, and apply it to a vaction.

I got a new Norton IM200 sharpening stone system that uses three diffferent grit blocks that rest partially submerged in an oil bath. I had been using uber-old sharpening stones that were kinda banged up and needed replacement.

Also got a bunch of CD's, DVD's, tools, and gift cards.

Heading over to Crate & Barrel's site to blow some gift cardage... ;)

MERRY CHRISTMAS! :pig:

Tomorrow I'm gonna' do some cookin'.

Buck said:

Merry Christmas

Buck

MSN-Emoticon-155.gif

YT2095 said:
I had my 8 year old Leather waist coat repaired, several Beer T`shirts, a Bikers shirt, a bottle of single malt whiskey, and a Girly Calendar for my Lab :)

just what is it you're brewing up in that so-called "lab" of yours???

MSN-Emoticon-devil-095.gif

Back
Top Bottom