What did Santa bring you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
they were probaby in there.
3 darling grandchildren went thru it and decided grama should not be left out.
The lil germ factories. But gotta love them

A Homer Simpson voice would be pretty funny

"Turn right...No! I mean left...DOH!":LOL:
We used that one for awhile! One that I liked (but couldn't take for too long!) was a redneck that talked with a very, very slow, thick, hick voice. It said things like, "In 400 yardsticks, turn right dummy!"

:)Barbara

I got 2 cook books, rachel rays big orange book, and a salad cookbook.
Stainless steal salad tongs. Stainless steal buffet set (with burners).

A new dutch oven and a food processor duet. SO stoked!

Christmas was kinda lean at our house (due to DH unemployment) but that was ok with us - we've always been the kind to just get something when we wanted it. And our kids didn't come home so there was no need, anyway! :)

We got a bottle of wine and a Olive Garden gift card from our nephews, and DH got me a set of silicone grips (hotpad thingies), a new spoonrest, fresh new kitchen towels, and a pretty striped canvas apron. Since I'm just getting back into cooking after a long break, we're restocking the kitchen pantry too; spices and cooking sauces being at the top of the list. I've got a couple of cookbooks on my wishlist at Amazon and will be ordering those soon.

DH got a new electric razor and hand-knitted socks. Also, some seasonal beers! :)

a Nintendo DS Lite with one of those memory card things that lets you DL the games off the net, the new AC/DC album, and a Doctor Who annual :)

a tom-tom gps, a n.j. devils fleece pullover, another zippered fleece, hand cranked (dynamo) flashlights, and a lot of chocolate.
I got my son a Tom-Tom for his birthday (which is today) and he is thrilled. He really likes all the women's voices and has been alternating between them. Which one have you settled on, BT? (I also ordered one for the hubby but it didn't arrive in time for Christmas.:() Santa brought me a fabulous set of fuzzy, fleece sheets. I've never seen them before but they feel fabulous!

f-mom, i haven't even opened it yet. too busy at work, and making sure everyone else is happy. besides, i know the well worn path to my job. :(
it sounds really cool, though. wimmen's voices, huh? is it programmable? :angel:

Oh, man, BT! You gotta get outta the office more. Yep, you can select what type of voice you want directing you to your chosen destination. They have men's and women's voices with American (no Joisey, tho) or British accents and with different timbres. It's kinda fun because the sound is quite good and some of the voices are downright seductive. Play with it when you get a chance. (I would suggest that you read the manual but I know that would just make you laugh!)

what, no joisey?

no "hey, how you dooin'? if ya wanna get down the shore, chuck a left at rutt's hutt, and another left at exit 82 for sleaside..."

(only people from joisey will get that)

Actually, I'm sure you can find a "Joisey" voice! You can go online and download voices. You can even use your own voice. Not sure I would want to hear my own voice telling me where to go!

:)Barbara

The kids got me a money clip that says "#1 Dad" and they made a couple of cards for me as well. Pretty cool, but they forgot the money to go with the clip! LOL.

Santa brought me a new leather coat, pink plaid rainboots, a player fer my Julia Chid II & Golden Girls season 6, a down alternative comforter/pillows, a printer, peppermint spray, nag champa, a wool coat, a phishtank, a shared gift of a new television, a cheese set, 2 giftcards, a cookbook, a calphalon 12" pan. other stuff. was a great Christmas.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom