What did you do today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My day was half relaxing. The morning was peaceful with lots of tea. I did make it to sit on the porch and read my novel while Callum played with his toys and the rain poured down. Ah, I love that.

I did laundry all day. It's still going downstairs and I probably have enough to do another load but I am quitting for today. I must have done at least 6 loads. :ohmy:

dh & Aidan came home, made messes and created noise. :rolleyes: They played "punk dad" a super tickling game, then dh went off to his martial arts class.

Made a gourmet dinner of life cereal. Aidan had ww noodles, apple & chicken. Gave my Callum fish a bath and put them both to bed. dh just pulled up and we're going to watch a movie. Gonna have some more tea and some well deserved chocolate. Night all. See you tomorrow.

Yesterday I slept in, chatted with a friend online for a while, went to work out, went to a briefing for the job I am hopefully going to get, went to the store, came home and cooked pizza for dinner, went back to the store because I forgot some things, came home and experimented with a new dish for my hubby to repllace mac n cheese with hot dogs so that it is lower in calories (success!), talked on the phone with my mom for a while and went to bed.:sleep:

Actually had work to do all day, beginning at 6 a.m.

Whipped off a couple of editing jobs (we'll see how the authors react to me changing their stuff) and even had to curtail my lunch hour to get the last one done on schedule.

Short lunch hour meant I got to leave 30 minutes early - yay!

Now, still trying to catch up with all the interesting discussions that went on here while I was out of town.

new day, what i did today?
woke, had 6 or 7 drinks, had a meal, slept.
re-woke,
spoke to a nurse, also to my company that manufactures my feeding tubes, cried for a few, had reflux, was to watch my pal's baby yet she didn't have her appt., fed my felines a few x (fluffing 'em to thier previous 14.5 & 16.5 lbs., cause thier Grandma & Pap may well have gone & starved my babies during thier summer vacation:LOL:. thier Grandparents borrowred my fluffkins for awhile, despite thier own 6 felines, & those felines were returned to me rather thin in my opinion).
other than that, to my shower, then cosmetics, etc.

Let's see... I got up made coffee, breakfast and Paul's lunch.
Loaded and emptied the dishwasher, did a load of clothes, swept
the kitchen floor, emtied the garbage, fed and watered the chickens and the kitty cat, made David some chicken noodle soup and some rice crispy treats, checked my email, did some paper work and now I'm going to take an afternoon nap.

I ran a couple of errands this morning after breakfast. When I got home, I gave the dog a bath, washed 2 loads of laundry, & ran the dishwasher again. I'll be glad when school starts back, I'll have less dirty dishes!!

luvs said:
new day, what i did today?
woke, had 6 or 7 drinks, had a meal, slept.
re-woke,
spoke to a nurse, also to my company that manufactures my feeding tubes, cried for a few, had reflux, was to watch my pal's baby yet she didn't have her appt., fed my felines a few x (fluffing 'em to thier previous 14.5 & 16.5 lbs., cause thier Grandma & Pap may well have gone & starved my babies during thier summer vacation:LOL:. thier Grandparents borrowred my fluffkins for awhile, despite thier own 6 felines, & those felines were returned to me rather thin in my opinion).
other than that, to my shower, then cosmetics, etc.
Feeding tubes?

I'm looking back at my day today and wondering what I did all day?

Got up, did more laundry :wacko:
Drank some tea
took a shower
tried to put Aidan down for a nap but he tried hard but just wasn't sleepy
Made red chile
Destroyed the kitchen
Ran to the store
Helped dh pack up for his and Aidan's overnight camping trip. Aidan was so excited, getting to sleep outside in a tent.
Callum napped, then pounded on the keyboard
And now I'm off to either make dinner or clean. :mellow:
I plan on having a lovely relaxing night though. As soon as Callum is down, I'm off the clock, I don't care if the house is clean or not.

'tis kinda as if my days get sleepy & nod off, with me nodding away, too, then it's a new one.:rolleyes:
so, i had a really stuffed day & i shan't condense.

Whew! Tis a new day according to my clock on this computer..........thank God!

-Usual morning routine first thing...........not going to retype all that :) .
-Made Dill a bowl of cereal..........I skipped BK as I wasn't hungry
-Played around on the computer a bit
-I texturized my south kitchen wall yesterday.........previously did the west and north so today I did my painting of a base color and then a lighter version dry ragged over it to bring out the texture. It a texture that gives an old world effect. However, in the kitchen I did a brighter color of a goldie yellow. Previously in the Bathroom I did a brownish color and it looks like suede. When I was painting the walls I realized I needed to touch up the outer edges of the ceiling.
-Cleaned the kitchen then rearranged all my pretties. I'd moved out my Hoosier Cabinet and Pantry and put in a kitchen table last week but decided to switch them back as we don't eat in the kitchen much and prefer the ajoining dining room. Besides the table just overwhelmed the room.
-Sat down finally and ate supper ..........orded pizza and salad.
-Went out to the garden and discovered a funny shaped cucumber and thought I'd take it over to one of my best friends and give it to her.
-Ran to the store for toliet paper and juice.......what a combination :) .
-Went to Debbies and gave her the cucumber........we got a good laugh out of it.
-Came home and sat on the couch and watched DH and youngest wrestle and I watched some t.v.
-Grabbed me a Miller Lite........I deserved one....Came upstairs to use DH computer as everyone else is asleep. So here I am and like I said the day came and went and its officially a new day. So I guess tomorrow I should start out that I grabbed me a Miller Lite :)

I woke up, had some breakfast, worked out, came home and did some dishes, made lunch, got a job, had dinner, watched 50 first dates, and went to bed.

I love it too! it's so sweet and funny. I have been watching all of the seasons of FRIENDS for so long but they are finally over with so I have nothing to watch now but movies

Congrats erin, I didn't notice you slipped it in. BTW, have you seen Love Actually? That's my favorite movie.

Today was a quiet morning. dh & Aidan came home mid day and we didn't do much. I helped dh unload & unpack. Then I baked a cake. I hung out on our fairly new beautiful lawn, I'll post a photo in the "where we live" section later. The kids & I just played outside for the last couple hours, now it's time to feed this bunch. I'm nursing Callum now then I'll go make dinner though I really don't feel like it. We'll put the kids to bed at a decent hour tonight and watch some Alias.

Last edited:
Let's see...
got up.
Made Paul's breakfast, lunch and some coffee,
checked in with DC ( stayed much longer than I should have)
Took a shower,
Went to Safeway, Fred Meyers, Arco and the library,
and picked up a pizza from Papa Murphys,
came home and ate lunch,
put the groceries away,
Made clam chowder, salmon dip and rhubarb bars,
Fed watered and played with the chickens and the cat
and watered the plants in the front of the house.

i ignored my cell till like the 8th ring, then answered with a rather hostile greeting, read some history books, chatted away with those whose ringings were expected, was online, , now i'm sleepy. i'm gonna swear for a few.

Had breakfast. Fixed the Broccoli Salad for tonight's dinner at my parents. Watched the NASCAR Nextel Cup Qualifying. Watered the lawn. Went to my parents to have dinner and visit with a college friend and her son that came for the weekend. She cannot stay at my house because my dog is not that kid friendly. Came home and opened up my house which was hot due to being closed up all day.

I worked, and worked and worked some more.

Then I came home and had to take the new truck to the dealership :angry: !

(Of course, that's the only reason I'm home and able to log on for a few...)

Now I'm home, made grilled pork chops, home grown green beans, and a salad from the garden, plus 2-3 beers. :mrgreen:

John

Back
Top Bottom