What Do You Call It?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbara L

Traveling Welcome Wagon
I mentioned in another post that in my family we have always called "Chloroseptic" (throat spray) the "green stuff." We have called it that for so long that when they came out with cherry flavored Chloroseptic, we decided to try "the red green stuff!" So, is there a product that you have an unusual name for? Share!

:) Barbara

No, but the red green stuff reminds me of a man who used to be the keeper of the koi at a temple in Hawaii. He really knew those fish and could talk to them. Then we were getting ready to visit the temple, and our friend said, "The old man died. Now there is a New Old Man." For all eternity this man will be in all of our minds, "The New Old Man."

I can't post the actual names that we call these things because the automated word cencor will catch it, but we call sweet and low "the pink s**t, splenda is the yellow s**t, and the blue s**t is nutrasweet I think.

With small kids around now, we get some strange looks and some out and out guffahs when we ask where is Carson's tootie? (pacifier)...Pasta sauce is ping..the dog is gog according to Ethan who is 14 months..

Kadesma...thinking:LOL:

I used to have a Border Collie named "Bear" and would occasionally babysit for a youngun who was in that 'pre-talking' phase. He loved the dog and, as soon as he got to my place, began to call out for "Oophah" (his imitation of the sound Bear made when he barked... like 'woof woof'). It was really cute and contageous. Others soon began to imitate it and eventually Bear had two names.

we get our cat "high" all the time with kitty drugs. ( most people know it as
catnip.)

I went into the local convenience store one day and the girl working there was wearing her big, fuzzy slippers! Her name was Brandi...so from that point on, hubby and I call slippers "brandies."

When my grandchildren get constipated I tell them "Well I guess it's time for grandma to drag out that white liquid chalk", (Milk Of Magnesia). They don't like it but it always works.

jake is usually called, 'that JERK!' often a :censored: is thrown into the sentence.
13.gif

tweedee said:
When my grandchildren get constipated I tell them "Well I guess it's time for grandma to drag out that white liquid chalk", (Milk Of Magnesia). They don't like it but it always works.
That name sure fits! I had to take that a few times when I was a kid, and I HATED it!

:) Barbara

The animal answers remind me ..... my husband had never had a dog before, so housetraining was new to him. He didn't really realize that what he said to the dog would imprint, and now he's stuck with "do you want to go potty?" because that's what we started with. Said if he knew dogs remembered so well, he'd have found something more dignified to say. Now she's 15 and deaf, but we have a second elderly dog, and here we are, talking to them like they were two year old children.

Everything when I was young that tasted nasty was called "ELF" that was the first store brand I remember and it just was "Nasty":ohmy:

Around here cashews are known as back medicine. When hubby was growing up his dad would come in from work & go to the cabinet & pull out the can of cashews. As he was doing this he'd say "Oh my back hurts!" My kids saw him do this one day & just started calling them back medicine.

Back
Top Bottom