What do you hate washing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How'd I miss this thread? I guess I was busy cleaning up after cooking dinner. :angel:

I hate washing my V-Slicer. I usually cut myself washing it. I also hate cleaning the coffemaker and the toaster.

But worst of all, the stove and hood.

licia said:
Wouldn't it have been nice if we had caught on a little earlier? I really didn't seem to understand that I didn't have to take care of everyone. Perhaps I'm a little thickheaded in some things.
No not thick headed, you're probably like me, taught to do "woman's work" Then all of a sudden 4 kids later I realized, hey wait a minute, who wrote these rules??? A woman???Don't think so...MY two boys, both know how to cook, and where dirty clothes go, and that changing a diaper or feeding the baby isn't just my JOB!!! Once they got over the shock, they are both darn good hubbies and uncles:LOL: My daughters, just seemed to KNOW from about 2, my job your job our shared jobs:LOL: Ahhhh
And they say womans work is never done:ROFLMAO:
kadesma

Turkey Baster

TURKEY BASTER!!!!!!

Why of why can't I get that thing clean! (Um, one reason is probably because I used it once to fill up my spice jars. Seemed like a good idea at the time, after a few glasses of wine :LOL: ) The cinnamin never did wash out. I'll think of it as a gadget I use once a year for the big bird, then give it to my friends for their next Kareokee (sp) party. Or - use once - throw away.

The other would be my big broiler/roaster. Again, after making the big bird, can't get the tin foil & all the other stuff soaked off for days.

kadesma said:
Another kitchen thing I avoid is unloading the dishwasher! Especially the knive, forks and such...I really dislike re-washing the dishes after DH, who insists on hand washing, which is fine, but he doesn't run his hand over the plate surface to see if anything like cheese is left behind:sick: I bet you all know how hard some cheese is to dislodge HUH?

kadesma:angel:

oh I completely understand kadesma. I HATE unloading the dishwasher! I don't know why, it's not difficult...i just don't like doing it. I don't have a DH, but I have a boyfriend I live with...(can I call him DB?) who does the same thing! he either leaves the dishes in the sink, or handwashes them, but they aren't REALLY clean and I have to rewash them. then he gets offended and teases me that his cleaning isn't good enough. or if he does put them in the dishwasher they are all crooked or just tossed in and then you can't fit as much in the dishwasher. I won't bring that up since I'm just happy they actually make it in the dishwasher, so I just move them around a bit.

licia- i LOVE what you did when you came home to a sink full of dirty dishes after being gone! nothing bugs me more then going to visit my parents for a few days and returning to a messy kitchen/apartment (espeically when I clean it before hand). That happened to me once too, but thankfully things have changed and the dishes are usualy clean and put away!

i do not understand why it is so difficult to put something in the dishwasher after eating? to me it is much harder to let the dishes sit, and then clean them after all the food has settled.

Anyway the things I hate cleaning are the food processer, graters, knives, my huge wood cutting board, and any huge pot for soups or pasta. The water just seems to get all over me and my floor.

My sister gave me something that really helps with washing things in the sink. A little brush that holds dishwashing liquid. I use it on frying pans, things I consider too large to go in the dw, or just bulky things. I've even used it to clean the sink if I had something greasy or dirty. I think they came from Walmart or Big Lots. She brought me several and I have given some of them away. I almost never have to wash anything in dishwater anymore. It is so much easier to wash the big things as soon as I've used them and put them away. I don't have to run the dw as often either and my pots don't get the discoloration from the dw.

I can't stand washing dishes. When I was single at my last apt before my wife and I moved in together, I had a sink full of dirty dishes. When I moved I just threw them out instead of washing them :ohmy:

I am much better now, especially since we have a dishwasher :LOL:

Now there are really only two things I hate cleaning, the food processor and my fat mop. The FP is a pain, but at least it can go in the dishwasher. It takes up so much space in there though. The fat mop can go in the dishwasher too, but it never seems to get clean no matter what I do.

No I have never heard of that. That is a very interesting idea. What kind of herbs work best? Does it work as well as the nylon at attracting the fat?

Resent

I resent having to clean my oven. Does anyone have easy way of doing it? I have read many Heloise, Helpful Kitchen Tips, etc. all of them do not help in the overwhelming feeling of getting started and doing it. How many times year do you clean yours? It seems I wind up with more of the cleaning solution on me than the oven. I do wish I could throw it all in the sink and really scour. I don't know what I would do without it but cleaning it bothers me. Just like a child, I don't want to do it. I was advised to get self cleaning. Since I wanted 36" stove w/gas didn't come with self cleaning. Only make 30" stoves now. Just wonder why they are making stoves smaller now. Guess everyone likes to go out and eat. I know I would.

Fat Mop?

GB:

I've never used a fat mop. I think I get the concept but how much fat does it hold and how do yo unload it so you can reload it?

It holds quite a lot of fat actually. It is great for light to medium de-fatting jobs. I have used it for heavier jobs where I did need to unload it, but it is not ideal for that obviously. As a tool I love it, but just can't stand cleaning it.

:ROFLMAO:

Amen on everything in the kitchen middie but I think my worst enemy in the kitchen would have to be one of those indoor grills. They are a pain in the *** to clean.

I wish I was back in Korea and had my house girl...she only cam 3 days a week @ $0.40 per day...of course that was back in "63-64"

The only thing she did wrong was starch DH's Chief's uniform..he had them made in Japan and they were white shark skin lined with slipper satin to the knees. He said they were hard to keep up, kept sliding down. At inspection one morning the skipper checked him out, looked at all his ribbons and medels (some were earned in the Marine corps when he was with them.) Then he said "Chief, you look good but the Chief can't look better than his Commanding Officer. It wasn't long before he was wearing silk sharkskin whites.:LOL: They are usually made of cotton.

Dove said:
I wish I was back in Korea and had my house girl...she only cam 3 days a week @ $0.40 per day...of course that was back in "63-64"

The only thing she did wrong was starch DH's Chief's uniform...

Marge, could have been worse. At $0.40 per day (these days), lucky if your shorts aren't starched. :ohmy:

Remember verticle blinds? I would clean them one by one. My dearest (now departed) best friend, always had a solution. She threw hers in the jacuzzi! :ROFLMAO: I miss her.

my 2 biggest dislike to clean are:
my peeler, especially after peeling salsify
and my tong, how the grim gets in the handle

washing up

I hate weashing up to. Last night i cooked toad in the hole with potatoes, vegs and gravy. My men will eat it but wont do the washing up :mad: so that there for me to do.

Back
Top Bottom