What do you like to collect?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a few pieces of Limoges -- serving bowls, tureen, platter, etc. that belonged to my grandma.

It sure is pretty.

Since money are very tight for the last couple of years, I can't collect anything, so I would liketo start collecting money in the near future, first to pay off all the deats and then collect some more so we can start buying stuff, whaever it may be at that time.

When we retired and moved out of the country, we had to come to terms with our "collections." I collected cats - china, pottery, porcelain, carved wood, pewter, etc. And shoes. And earrings. DH collected old Pontiac Fiero car parts. The garage and basement were full of them. And of course, they were meant for the old Fiero that lived in the driveway. We got rid of (almost) everything, including my mother's collection of owls that I inherited. No, they didn't sell well at the yard sale, and so they joined the countless other owls on the shelves at Salvation Army. (Sorry, Mom - I saved a few) I gave a few of my cats to my granddaughters and saved about a dozen that had special meaning for me. One small collection remains - I still collect Santa Maria (Virgin Mary) figurines, and I am in the right country for that.

Old $, paper and coin. When I was a bartender, I got lots of it, now that I chef, not so much. One time I had a kid hand me a twenty...the second it hit my hand I saw the rich green color. I said "Do you know what this is?" He recoiled in horror. "Let me check this out...1934 I replied." He said "oh, I though it was counterfeit." Umm, he definitely didn't get a chance to buy it back after that comment.

Back
Top Bottom