What do you want for your kitchen?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
I would like to get a convection oven, mandoline, dutch oven, dehydrator, and indoor grill. I would like lower counters and lower island, I'm short 5' 1 "and the counters are really too high for me, they are at 36 inches, it should be around 30 inches for my height. I read that counters or work area should be waist high. Tall people lived in the house before we bought it and they had it built to their specs. I also would like more storage space for all my kitchen gadgets and small appliances.

Last edited:
Rangetop, dishwasher, new sink, new cabinets, new floor, new walls, new ceiling, new fixtures, convection oven wall unit....among other things.

Mavericks idea sounds good, but I will need 3 separte stoves, 3 sinks and 3 dishwashers, as well as everything else in 3's. That would be ideal kosher kitchen. I love the idea of indoor grill.

A bigger kitchen to start with!! Then a new microwave that doesn't go klunk, klunk as it rotates, a dishwasher, a new all in one stove/oven/grill with wok burner, a light and a rangehood, a pigeon pair fridge/freezer (not an all in one), a Kenwood Chef (like a Kitchen Aid), a bread machine, more storage space, a versatile juicer, a mandoline, a kitchen hand, a walk-in pantry, a chef, a waitress/waiter, a vacuum sealer and then of course a much bigger house to put it all into!!!!

I pretty much am happy with my kitchen. It was built in the 1800s, the cabinets were put in during the 60s, but are older than that (a man who helped us re-do them said someone probably rescued them from an older house). I had Corian counters and sink put in, new drawer "boxes" put in. I eventually want the old (again 1800s) floors sanded down and poleurthaned, and the wallpaper torn down and backsplashes tiled. But generally I'm not fond of kitchens that are too fancy, the ones that look like fancy dining rooms. Mine looks like a country kitchen and everyone hangs there. Actually the room I cannot keep people out of is my dining room. People love to hang out there! It is a great room.

Realistically - 36" 6 burner stove with a hood that vents outdoors, larger fridge, either dual wall ovens or a 48" range with 2 ovens, larger sink with a foot operated faucet.

Not realistic - all of the above, salamander, deep fryer, wood fired brick oven.

Well, besides a normally layed out kitchen, where the stove isn't around a corner on a different wall :wacko: I would love a skylight. My kitchen doesn't have any windows and I always have to have the lights on when doing anything. I think I could fish one of those reflective, round skylights in somewhere... It wouldn't be exactly where I want it, but at least it would add some natural light.

We just renovated our kitchen last year, including appliances, and I got a new set of Calphalon stainless cookware for Christmas, so there's not much I need right now. A Le Creuset 7.25-qt. Dutch oven in Dijon is about all I want.

Back
Top Bottom