What foods do you hate/won't eat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How can so many people hate liver!? It's one of my favorites. :chef: Try a chicken liver mousse with lots of port wine and see if you don't change your tune. ;)

I'm really good about at least trying anything. The foods that are an absolute NO are insects -- they don't have to be from the night market in China, they eat crickets in Japan and grasshoppers in France and America and it's a big, big no for me. (My friend, while we were in Australia, ate live grubs. Just watching him, I couldn't eat the rest of the day.)

Oh, I forgot, snails are an exception. Don't know why, guess the butter and garlic makes em more appealing. :angel:

there are very few foods that i won't eat and/or don't like.

you can forget about bugs, although i've eaten grubs and worms in survival training.

lima beans are one of the few veggies i dislike..

ika (squid), and ikura (salmon eggs) are the only 2 types of sushi i don't like.

and cottage cheese mixed with hot pasta makes me gag, almost as if dee made it... :cool:

well not much grosses me out. I happen to like liver kidneys sweet breads etc, heart tongue, etc. If cooked properly, tripe and chit'lins are fine too. I like veggies, but simply boiling won't do. THose turnips and such like do much better roasted, parsnips especially along side lamb or beef! Beets surely should be roasted. Dark leafy greens are a natural with pork and a fine vinegar. Strong cheeses are great too, love buttermilk, can drink it by the glass. and love fish and sea food.

Never had durian and probably don't need to, sea urchin too. No I won't eat insects worms bugs etc.
Snake eel gator and iguana are fine.
Don't have much of a sweet tooth so most sticky fruity deserts, even common ones, leave me cold. I can eat it but don't need the calories and don't care for the taste. Prefer my fruit raw in most cases.

I'm really not fond of grits, or other forms of corn meal (cornbread, etc). Funny, because I like almost all other forms of corn. One thing is that I don't dislike any food enough to gag or do other forms of appalling table manners. So people assume that I don't dislike anything. Just because I don't go around puking doesn't mean that I don't like something.

Looking through this list there are a few things I haven't tried like brains and testicles, but I eat pretty much everything. I had tripe soup a couple of times, and I didn't like it, but I might be willing to try tripe again if it was prepared differently.

I guess I'm like a billy goat, put it in front of me, and I'll eat it!

Not crazy about lima beans myself. One time a friend of mine fixed them with a sort of Italian red sauce (like you might put on spaghetti), though, and they were quite good. So it can be done. She said, too, that part of the secret was buying them small and fresh (rather than large and reconstituted from the dried).

I have a pretty wide plate and love trying new foods but I cannot abhor sushi.Now gimme a raw oyster washed down with some hot sauce and lemon juice and I'm happier n' a pig in slop.:pig:

I have a pretty wide plate and love trying new foods but I cannot abhor sushi.Now gimme a raw oyster washed down with some hot sauce and lemon juice and I'm happier n' a pig in slop.:pig:
I love that phrase - "pretty wide plate"! Sadly, my plate is saucer size. I hate a lot of different foods.

Meatloaf. When my mother was in the hospital giving birth to my brother my father tried to make meatloaf to be a "good dad" but it was the worst thing I've tasted in all my life. I haven't eaten meatloaf since and that was 35 years ago.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom