What foods do you hate/won't eat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lefty7887

Sous Chef
Inspired by the other thread. I hate liver of any kind. I'm not keen on Lima beans either.

What I unkindly call offal: tripe, organs, head cheese, scrapple, blood sausage, and I've always hated Brussels sprouts (they grow in the field next to my house and stink to high heaven after they've harvested). I think if I had them properly prepared, I could deal.

Eggplant.
I eat lima beans prepared in 1 way only.
soggy bread. UGH.
cooked carrots. Raw, yummy.
tripe
buttermilk. GAG

Serve me any of them and there they will sit.

peas (but I like split pea soup)
meat loaf
bell peppers
olives
raisins

offal
liver
I have really tried to eat liver prepared different ways. I cannot seem to swallow it. Even when Mom would dice it up in her stuffing it had to practically be purred for me to get it down. Once we were eating at Shoney's on a road trip. The buffett had this beef dish that looked like roast beef in an onion gravy. Took one bite, spit it out and passed it to hubby. Offal just seems awful! Perhaps if no one told me I might eat it. Never had it but just the thought is enough to turn my stomach.

Did Not Eat:
Liver – Eat Pate’ Now
Cooked Carrots

Still Do Not Eat:
Smothered Potatoes
Hash Browns
Fried Eggs
Organs
Olives
Vienna Sausage
Deviled Ham
Chicken and Dumplings
Blood Sausage
I do not know what scrapple is, but I think I have heard of it before, and I did not like what is sounded like.

I can't stomach nato either, roadfix.

I won't eat anything blue, and when it comes to icing I won't eat blue, green, red or black icing. Blech. Especially red. Too bitter.

Most other foods that I won't eat are only because they give me GI distress. I'm pretty good about trying everything at least once. I've watched Zimmern and usually say, "Yeah. I'd try that." I'd draw the line at rotting meat, though. The smell makes me gag.

Liver, in any way, shape or form. Asparagus, Brussel Sprouts. Mushrooms-I've seen where they grow. Edame-tried it for the first, and last time recently. Squid (aka Calamari), organ meats, tongue.

I'm sure there are more,but this is off the top of my head.:)

Have tried and will not eat again: Chit'lins (and Andouillettes); cottage cheese; pepperoni sausage; halvah; Haggis; rutabaga; durian; lutefisk; tofu (tempeh and seitan); raisins (except in Haagen Dazs Rum Raisin Ice Cream ;));

of course, if it's a matter of life and death, all bets are off. :ermm:

I loved Brussell Sprouts as a kid, and still do. My mom did not cook them ever. I would eat them at a friend's house. His mom would call me and tell me she cooked them, always with cheese sauce. I now cut them in half. Pour olive oil, salt and pepper on them and put them under the broiler for about 10 minutes, or add them under a racked baked chicken or pork loin right before it is done. They have a great nutty flavor when done this way.

Beets, cauliflower, beef & calves liver, turnips/rutabaga, parsnips and certain forms of eggplant.

brains, cottage cheese, kidneys, tongue, don't like to look at whole fish on a plate, rice pudding..will cook with buttermilk... but will not drink it. I guess, this means I could eat at just about anyone's house.

I eat everything that Andy doesn't eat.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom