What have you been craving for?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

97guns

Senior Cook
For me, I’ve been wanting to eat a pizza, we rarely eat pizza, maybe 2 times a year so when I do get it, it’s a big treat for me, last time I can remember eating one was just a little caesars pan pizza back in April or May.

Slow cooked, smoked brisket, spicy bbq sauce to go with it, and pecan infused buttered corn bread.

Slow cooked, smoked brisket, spicy bbq sauce to go with it, and pecan infused buttered corn bread.

You can fly from NY to Texas these days. We have airports!

However, real Texas BBQ purists don't sauce their brisket. In some bbq joints, asking for sauce is worse than calling Pork Roll taylor ham.

CD

For me, I’ve been wanting to eat a pizza, we rarely eat pizza, maybe 2 times a year so when I do get it, it’s a big treat for me, last time I can remember eating one was just a little caesars pan pizza back in April or May.
I’ve got to ask: Why is pizza such a rare occurrence in your household? Moses’ sake, it’s the perfect food! It’s perfect because pizza is 1. Not expensive, mostly, 2. Endlessly adaptable* and, 3. It’s healthy (ok, depending on how it’s made)

The definition of pizza has exponentially widened in a relatively short time. Here’s an article on the history of pizza. It’s short, with some interesting trivia and verifiable facts. Unfortunately, the typos kind of undermine its authority.

The point is, there’s no reason to ration pizza toma couple of times a year! People with medical issues? Every element of a pizza can be modified to match any health/medical issue. And once you get rid of the purist attitude that says pizza is is a specific kind of yeasted dough, topped with tomato sauce, grated Italian cheese, a narrow range of herbs and spices, and a fairly limited list of acceptable toppings, you could probably fashion a different and delicious pizza every night of the week, and never consider the phrase “Pizza? Again? Even if you’re a lactose-intolerant, diabetic vegan with high blood pressure and food allergies, there’s a pizza out there for you!

Oops, back to the topic.

It may be weird, but I crave Jordan almonds. My current dentition can’t handle them.

And yes, I crave a purist’s perfect NY style pizza. Foldable, with perfect ratio of bread to sauce to cheese to toppings. I like pepperoni or mild sausage, mushrooms, black olives and anchovies.

A real, authentic Philadelphia Hoagie. Not enough to buy a plane ticket, but close.

CD

I’ve got to ask: Why is pizza such a rare occurrence in your household?

I think it’s because I’m Asian and my wife is Thai, she’s only been in the USA for 3 years and her tastes are not Americanized at all, we eat rice 3 meals a day. We live in California and I introduced her to Mexican food, we have some of the best in the country here and she absolutely hates it. Another reason is that I think pizza is a very heavy meal, once I start eating pizza I really can’t stop and I always overeat, I can literally feel the added weight after a pizza meal, might be a placebo effect but I’m pretty certain I’m right. I know a lot of guys that eat pizza weekly or even bi-daily and they are not small in stature at all.

To be able to chew... anything! I am having some reconstructive dental work to prepare for partial plates. At the moment I only have two molars that line up (total for both sides) that I can chew with. After tomorrow when I have my permanent crowns on the lower right, I will have a second set of molars I can chew with - one on each side.

I think the first thing I will crave when I can chew is a mushroom swiss burger with fries and gravy!

I think it’s because I’m Asian and my wife is Thai, she’s only been in the USA for 3 years and her tastes are not Americanized at all, we eat rice 3 meals a day. We live in California and I introduced her to Mexican food, we have some of the best in the country here and she absolutely hates it. Another reason is that I think pizza is a very heavy meal, once I start eating pizza I really can’t stop and I always overeat, I can literally feel the added weight after a pizza meal, might be a placebo effect but I’m pretty certain I’m right. I know a lot of guys that eat pizza weekly or even bi-daily and they are not small in stature at all.

I hope your wife opens her mind up to more new foods. California Mexican, like Tex-Mex, is not necessarily "Mexican." She might like something like ceviche, or other real Mexican foods that are lighter and fresher tasting.

As for pizza, the original Neapolitan pizzas are lighter and healthier than "American" pizzas. Try to find an authentic Neapolitan pizza restaurant, and try a Pizza Margherita. Very simple, and healthy.

CD

Proper northern rye bread with white goat cheese and goat whey spread... that I miss and also lemon tart, yeah I cant eat any of this.

I want to make posole verde. It's my favorite stew but it's been too hot to make it yet. With a high of 66 on Saturday, though, I think that'll be the day! :yum:

A non Keto diet dinner.
Is it too much to ask for a guilt free chili dog and root beer float?:rolleyes:

Munky.

A non Keto diet dinner.
Is it too much to ask for a guilt free chili dog and root beer float?:rolleyes:

Munky.

When it comes to stealing, there should be guilt. When it comes to eating a chili dog and drinking a root beer float every once-in-a-while, there should not be any guilt.

After all, you can stick to your diet 100-percent, lose weight, get in shape -- and get hit by a bus.

CD

I've been craving 2 things:

Spinach pies

img_1038307_5_b811796ec99d4a0bdb2957e2c6f964b7.jpg

and

Potato and cheese blintz

Served with apple sauce and sour cream

Last edited:
I don't really crave anything, I have a large range of seafood,beef,lamb, all sorts of small goods and frozen stuff that we like, like chicken croquettes and samosas, meat and vege. We eat pretty well here. I do lots of swaps amongst friends.

Russ

I don't really crave anything, I have a large range of seafood,beef,lamb, all sorts of small goods and frozen stuff that we like, like chicken croquettes and samosas, meat and vege. We eat pretty well here. I do lots of swaps amongst friends.

Russ

What about a good Reuben?

To be able to chew... anything! I am having some reconstructive dental work to prepare for partial plates. At the moment I only have two molars that line up (total for both sides) that I can chew with. After tomorrow when I have my permanent crowns on the lower right, I will have a second set of molars I can chew with - one on each side.

I think the first thing I will crave when I can chew is a mushroom swiss burger with fries and gravy!

Well, I got my permanent crowns in so now I have one set of molars on each side that I can chew with. I am not ready for a steak, but I have a few more choices available than before yesterday.

Right now I am craving chicken wings with buffalo blue cheese sauce (I make my own)

Back
Top Bottom