What I hate about winter and cold weather

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
When getting in or out of the car, I get a shock from the car door. I really hate that ! Also static electricity in the house, even tho we have a humidifier running, there still is some static electricity. We have a humidifier detector which shows how much humidity is in the room.

Cold weather / winter is great-
I'll take static electricity any time over the soggy messes caused by high humidity
Kills off / suppresses bugs
Contributes to the lowering of chloroform in shellfishing areas
Cuts down on tourist traffic
Is conducive to use of indoor oven for baking and roasting
Improves the appetite
Lower humidity and inhibits the growth of mold and mildew
Provides a break from lawn mowing
Contributes to the improvement of air quality, except for those who object to the aroma of burning wood.
Eliminates the utility bill costs associated with dehumidifiers and air conditioning
Retards spoilage of harvested game
Reduces dust from dirt roads
Makes you feel like you're getting up early (getting a jump on the day) when you can get up before sunrise at 6AM and still get a good night's sleep.
Provides a supplement to the cooling provided by the refrigerator.
Gives a better view of star filled skies.
Can be great for ice fishing and skating.
Outdoors I can cope with cold by adding warm clothing; I'd need an air conditioned space suit to compensate for 90F or hotter weather
I've noticed most warm weather lovers also love their house and car air conditioners.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I can never put enough clothes on to stay warm, but I can always jump in the pool or sit in the shade with a fan when the temperature rises.

Good thing we don't all like the same weather, or it would get really crowded in some places. (Wait--it already is!)

My husband and I decided to move to Galena, IL after many years in places like Hawaii, Florida, California and Virginia. We sort of knew what we were getting into; I was assigned to ND when I was in the service, and he had lived in Joliet and Denver. But the community was so damned nice and so beautiful. The first few years we lived here it wasn't a big deal (we've been here for almost 10 years), but the last few have been a bear. What I hate about the cold weather is the amount of time it takes just to get out the door. Neither of us are winter sports people (although we walk out there regularly), and we made a point of buying good quality winter gear when we first moved here. But, to me, the most irritating thing is the time it takes to just get dressed to walk out the door. That and the fact that the cold weather sucks so much moisture out of my skin that i could practically use vaseline as a moisturizer (Hubby has oily skin, so this isn't an issue for him). These are things that annoy me, but on the other hand, small-town midwesterners are the nicest people in the country (and I've pretty much lived everywhere in the country). I don't know if I'll be able to do it forever, but for now it is home.

I love winter. In a hot and humid country like India winter is season to cherish.

I love everything about winter, I hate summer.

Back
Top Bottom