What is most unusual in your Kitchen?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm pretty much the weirdest thing in my kitchen, although sonetimes I get asked why I keep water in large canning jars in the fridge. To drink, duh.

I keep water in my fridge also!

I also keep a can of tuna, and a couple of cans of fruit in the fridge.

People think that is strange but, it makes sense to me.

Great minds think alike, maybe mine is purple too! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Aunt Bea said:

It's just better cold and I find the flavor is better if I keep it in a glass container than if I keep it in a plastic one.

To All Posters,

Just wish to thank all of you for your very interesting replies on subject.

I apologise for not sending Thank You notes to each of you however, I am twin child sitting for my daughter and her husband ... and thus, time is of essence ... Have to keep these 2 five year olds busy as bees, otherwise, we have Dennis the Menace and The Little Rascal ...

*** Just a quick note to Barbara: the Swedish have some lovely Christmas Decorations, quite unusual ... I had been to Stockholm in 2006, to visit an Aunt of my Mom, who though she was Swiss French, she was married to a Swede and lived in Stockholm ... Very nice anecdote and thanks for sharing such a lovely item to have in your home ...

Thanks again.
Happy Holidays.
Margi.

This is for Margi Cintrano

Just thought I'd post a picture of the clown bottle that holds the "magic formula." He sits prominently on a shelf near the kitchen door. He's not completely full because we had to administer some of the healing elixir to soothe a grandchild the other day.

Attachments

• Magic Formula bottle.jpg
    Magic Formula bottle.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 181

Make that 3!! Not to keep them in the fridge I think is strange.:wacko:

Bengal coal - gas combination cook stove in our weekend home-

That is a great stove!

My grandmother had one similar to that and I used to be terrified that we would all blow up when she used to start a wood fire in it to take the chill off the kitchen. I could never understand how the wood fire and the gas peacefully coexisted. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

@ Katie: Thanks so much !

Just thought I'd post a picture of the clown bottle that holds the "magic formula." He sits prominently on a shelf near the kitchen door. He's not completely full because we had to administer some of the healing elixir to soothe a grandchild the other day.

Dear Katie,

Wow ... pleasant surprise this morning ...

Let me ask you, what is the green liquid -- is that food coloring ? You had mentioned sugar and water were employed ... That is why I am asking ...

Nathalia is very greatful ... we just showed your photo to the twins, and needless to say, they have tons of questions on the green water and a clown for a jar !

Well ... time to get to my other posts ... which are filled with replies.

Happy Holidays and
Kindest,
Margi

Dear Katie,

Wow ... pleasant surprise this morning ...

Let me ask you, what is the green liquid -- is that food coloring ? You had mentioned sugar and water were employed ... That is why I am asking ...

Nathalia is very greatful ... we just showed your photo to the twins, and needless to say, they have tons of questions on the green water and a clown for a jar !

Well ... time to get to my other posts ... which are filled with replies.

Happy Holidays and
Kindest,
Margi

Yes, Margi, it is food coloring. Don't know why, but it's always been green, even when my children were babies.

I was an in-home daycare provider for many years and, believe me, "magic formula" was invaluable many times over.

Glad the children enjoyed it. You can make up any story about it you wish. After all, aren't grandparents supposed to do things like that?:):)

I guess it would be my two chrome Kitchenaid model G mixers. People keep asking, "why do you have two huge mixers in your kitchen?"

Leo Lady,

I love used earthenware ( Terracotta = Barro ) and I have one from my Grandmom´s Trattoria --- my lasagne with Ragù is always prepared in this large clay vessel ...

Happy Easter.
Margi

There's one thing that people always comment when they walk into our kitchen. It's our 46" TV mounted high up against one wall opposite the breakfast nook. It just looks unproportionately huge and sticks out like a sore thumb. It was my wife's idea. The previous, smaller 32-incher was more fitting.

Back
Top Bottom