What is one of the funniest things you've ever done while eating?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Timothy

Head Chef
Mine was a meal I had in a small restaurant in Maryland. My sister and I decided to have a meal together and catch up on our talk.

I was having a rather tough steak, and the steak knives offered there were not very good. The plates we had were the type that were deep and had a sloping side.

Well, you probably see what's coming. I didn't. I was trying to cut a bite off, and the sawing was getting old. I put a lot of pressure in the knife and all of a sudden, the bite separated and went flying off the edge of my plate, through the air, a good 20 feet, and landed, right smack dab in this lady's purse on the other side of the room. :ohmy:

I was shocked! I looked around the restaurant :ermm:, and absolutely no one else seemed to have seen my blunder!:shock:

My sister was almost laying on the table, she was laughing so hard. Tears streaming down her face in uncontrollable hysterics. It got me going too.:ROFLMAO:

Well, as bad as I was, I didn't say anything to the lady, and when she and her friend went to pay for their meal, she picked up her purse, dipped her hand into it and quickly pulled it back out with such an expression on her face! Then she reached back in with two fingers and pulled out that bite of steak! OMG, I thought my sister was going to fall on the floor! She was totally out of control! All I could do is try to keep myself under control.:rolleyes:

The ladies bent towards each other and were obviously trying to figure out how in the world that hunk of meat got into her purse. :huh:

One of the funniest moments in my life. :ROFLMAO:

Oh dear, I have had so many funny food moments! or should I say naughty (clean naughty) moments lol !
A friend and I went for breakfast at Wimpy the one day and we ordered our meal but after nearly and hour we didn't even have our coffee yet!
There were guys sitting at the table opposite us and my friend liked the one boy (we were still in our teens)
Me being me and always up to mishief decided it would be good idea to go have some of their food so I took a few chips from one guys plate. He passed me the salt lol!
My friend was blushing so much she looked like a tomato!
I did buy them each a drink after and they saw the humour in it :)

Mine was a meal I had in a small restaurant in Maryland. My sister and I decided to have a meal together and catch up on our talk.

I was having a rather tough steak, and the steak knives offered there were not very good. The plates we had were the type that were deep and had a sloping side.

Well, you probably see what's coming. I didn't. I was trying to cut a bite off, and the sawing was getting old. I put a lot of pressure in the knife and all of a sudden, the bite separated and went flying off the edge of my plate, through the air, a good 20 feet, and landed, right smack dab in this lady's purse on the other side of the room. :ohmy:

I was shocked! I looked around the restaurant :ermm:, and absolutely no one else seemed to have seen my blunder!:shock:

My sister was almost laying on the table, she was laughing so hard. Tears streaming down her face in uncontrollable hysterics. It got me going too.:ROFLMAO:

Well, as bad as I was, I didn't say anything to the lady, and when she and her friend went to pay for their meal, she picked up her purse, dipped her hand into it and quickly pulled it back out with such an expression on her face! Then she reached back in with two fingers and pulled out that bite of steak! OMG, I thought my sister was going to fall on the floor! She was totally out of control! All I could do is try to keep myself under control.:rolleyes:

The ladies bent towards each other and were obviously trying to figure out how in the world that hunk of meat got into her purse. :huh:

One of the funniest moments in my life. :ROFLMAO:
That is funny. :LOL:

When I was young and single I took my weekend paramour to a dark and intimate restaurant for dinner, we both had a bit to drink, I got up to use the Loo, when I returned I sat down and explained in great detail what was going to happen when we got back to my place. I felt a tap on my shoulder and her husband asked me what I was doing sitting at his table:LOL:

I was in Harry's in Venice for a Bellini breakfast, across the other side of the room was a stunning girl ( see knew it only too well she had every attribute possible) she strolled slowly to the Loo, she was wearing an ankle length voile skirt that was opaque, every mans eyes were on her and she new it.
When she returned she strolled past my table, unfortunately for her the skirt hem was trapped in the back of her skimpy knickers, I said Ciao tu sei il sole del mio giorno, facciamo l'amore, she turned giving the other side of the room a fantastic view, all the men stood up and clapped, I pointed she looked then ran.:LOL:

Not something I personally did but I admit I found it really funny. Some of the guys that worked with me in Barcelona had a few too many drinks one night and you know how they tease sometimes that Chinese people will eat anything with legs apart from tables and chairs? Well anyway, they picked up a cat that was knocked over by a car. Walked into a Chinese restaurant and slammed the poor dead kitty on the counter and yelled "we'll make no more deliveries until your account has been paid in full!" Terrible I know but I couldn't help laughing. They ended up spending the night in jail!

Not something I personally did but I admit I found it really funny. Some of the guys that worked with me in Barcelona had a few too many drinks one night and you know how they tease sometimes that Chinese people will eat anything with legs apart from tables and chairs? Well anyway, they picked up a cat that was knocked over by a car. Walked into a Chinese restaurant and slammed the poor dead kitty on the counter and yelled "we'll make no more deliveries until your account has been paid in full!" Terrible I know but I couldn't help laughing. They ended up spending the night in jail!
:LOL: This should bring back memories of Barca.Thats me with my wife canoodling on the Ramblas. 21112008107.jpg

21112008104.jpg

21112008114.jpg

23112008147.jpg

:LOL: This should bring back memories of Barca.Thats me with my wife canoodling on the Ramblas.View attachment 11698

View attachment 11699

View attachment 11700

View attachment 11701

Thanks Bud :) I actually miss it there, wish I could go back for a holiday and not work! Many places I would still like to see in Barcelona.
I went up the Sagrada Familia one time and all the tourists behind me had to climb back down the steps since I started crying when it felt like I was going to fall out one of the windows and refused to go any higher up lol!

Last edited:
Its cheap as chips to fly from John Lennon to Barca we spend a lot of weekends there.
I never see a lot as we seem to spend all our time in the handbag and shoe dept of El Corte Ingles:)

Its cheap as chips to fly from John Lennon to Barca we spend a lot of weekends there.
I never see a lot as we seem to spend all our time in the handbag and shoe dept of El Corte Ingles:)

Not so cheap if you flying from SA :(
I loved El corte Ingles! And all the lovely Tapas bars! I still remember my address in Barca :LOL: General Mitre Dieciceite. When I got to Spain all I ordered till I learned a bit of Spanish was One Bikini (ham and cheese sandwich and one cervesa (beer) por favor!) Had a good laugh one night when I tried ordering a hot chocolate they they gave me a mug of melted chocolate!

Many years ago, we went to a fancy out of town restaurant with another couple who owned a restaurant in our town. There was a long waiting list, and we didn't have reservations, so the four of us all started addressing each other as "doctor" :"Well, what do you think, Dr.? " "Should we go somewhere else,Dr?". Loudly. And on and on. We were seated promptly, before others who did have reservations, and had a steady stream of waitstaff to our table all night, asking advice from the GP (DH), the psychiatrist ( me), the nurse, and of course, our friend, who identified himself as the gynecologist. I mean, they were lined up, as busy as the restaurant was! Total hilarity ensued at our table.

No worries, no waitstaff were injured in this total farce. We are not doctors, but we do play them in restaurants.

Last edited:
Many years ago, we went to a fancy out of town restaurant with another couple who owned a restaurant in our town. There was a long waiting list, and we didn't have reservations, so the four of us all started addressing each other as "doctor" :"Well, what do you think, Dr.? " "Should we go somewhere else,Dr?". Loudly. And on and on. We were seated promptly, before others who did have reservations, and had a steady stream of waitstaff to our table all night, asking advice from the GP (DH), the psychiatrist ( me), the nurse, and of course, our friend, who identified himself as the gynecologist. I mean, they were lined up, as busy as the restaurant was! Total hilarity ensued at our table.

No worries, no waitstaff were injured in this total farce. We are not doctors, but we do play them in restaurants.
:):)

Ok! My 7 year old grandson and I were having a pea flinging fight at the supper table. We were sitting straight across from each other and were flinging peas at each other from a spoon. The last fling was mine when the spoon flew from my hands, along with the pea still intact and caught the poor kid right between the eyes with the mouth part of the spoon. He started to cry but then started laughing. It wasn't funny at first but thinking back now we both laugh. He is now 12.

lifesaver said:
Ok! My 7 year old grandson and I were having a pea flinging fight at the supper table. We were sitting straight across from each other and were flinging peas at each other from a spoon. The last fling was mine when the spoon flew from my hands, along with the pea still intact and caught the poor kid right between the eyes with the mouth part of the spoon. He started to cry but then started laughing. It wasn't funny at first but thinking back now we both laugh. He is now 12.

What a fun gramma! Lol!

We were newly married. We went to this beautiful Japanese restaurant on Kaui. I ordered sashimi, which I had never had before, and it was presented in the most glorious "jewelry box" with a lovely assortment. I took a huge bite of the nice looking green stuff that looked like toothpaste, very innocuous. Then I couldn't breathe for 5 minutes.

A nice Jewish couple was seated behind us, watching the whole spectacle, the wife said, " Dahlink, no, no, no, you mix the wasabe IN the soy sauce with your chopstick! THEN you dip your fish in it!"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom