What is the Job you REALLY want?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would love to be a caterer ... I really like the thought of a personal business and love the planning / prep part of our own parties. I always thought I'd like to have my own restaurant but the mobility and variety of catering is appealing. HOWEVER! One small business in the family is enough I think ... so dream on I will :) .

I think someone should pay me to lay on the beach and get tanned.

I'm really good at it. LOL!

I want to have a horse livery business. Or maybe a children's farm.

Were I younger I would like to be the lawyer for the estate of Anna Nicole Smith.

Plenty of work to keep me busy, probably until I retired, lots of bucks there (the old guy was a kazillionaire), and spending some time in the Bahamas now and again would not be half bad.

The only downer would be having to go to legal school.

And passing the bar.

I hate to pass bars, they always look so inviting.

It is better than being the guy who has to collect the donor stuff for artificially inseminating lady alligators.

Yep, that is a real job. Exxactly how they do it I do not want to know. Kinda sorry I even brought the subject up.

Electronic beach pollution removal. Preferably in South Beach, Miami, Florida. I already have the metal detectors :)

I want to be the person that names either OPI nail polish or Benjamin Moore paint - where they come up with these names is beyond me, but it seems a group of people must be in a room together with cocktails just calling out names.

If I could do it all over again ..... I would love to be a microbiologist - too late for me now, but I find that kind of stuff very interesting.

Job, who wants a job? I just want to putter around messing with the the plants and flowers. If I were a young man and starting in a career search I think I would like to be a teacher. I know it is under appreciated but they really have an impact on young people.

I often said that when I retired early from "corporate America", I'd love to work in a nice local hardware store. Always loved hardware stores for some reason, and there are tons of men in them.

Well, I was laid off from my "corporate America" job 7 years before my plan. While I was collecting unemployment, I wandered in to my local Ace hardware store and was hired on the spot as a part-time cashier. I stayed, and shortly after that, I was the store manager.

Because I'm making a fraction of the salary I was making (I can ALMOST make ends meet), my retirement will undoubtedly be further in the future than my original plan. But it's a great job and a mile from my house.

As for men, there are hundreds of them around every day. But after 4 years, I still have not met one to date!

Lee

I would love to make a living as a Catch Rider. They are the professionals that ride other people's horses at shows. Ride, Ride Ride, but no farrier bills, vet bills, or showing costs.

The job I really want? I would love something that had to do with graphics on the computer. I miss that part of making signs!!!

I would like to win the Lotto or someone would leave me a lot of money like a million dollars.

Since I am retired I could travel, give money to charities and have a great time.

My perfect job.... That requires some thought. Many years ago Buck and I thought we wanted to run a restaurant/bed & breakfast and even went to the extent of going to school to get certified in hotel/restaurant management.

We've since learned enough about ourselves to know we don't want to be tied to a business.

My writing is my soul, so I would love to get to the point where it would sustain us comfortably. Perhaps the book I'm writing will do that. Our idea of "comfortable" is meager compared to others.

I/we don't require a lot of "goodies." Our most wanted thing is to get our old house restored to its original glory.

I'd love to do something in the arts. Either create or be on stage.

I love to dance and in my far less busy days, I used to act. There was nothing better than the rush right before the curtain went up, the cathartic release of channeling all my energy into a role, or that liberated feeling of surrendering to the rhythm of my choreography. . . sigh. Life took over and I haven't been able to get that back.

Then there's writing - I love it but I haven't had time to do it since last year. Not the right way, anyway. There's something so great about just pouring out all of your thoughts onto paper; no filtering or editing or censoring. Just writing. Some of the most beautiful things have their roots in pure, simple, unapologetic honesty.

And here I am studying psychology and education. . . more practical I guess, and also areas I enjoy. I just hope I don't end up regretting my choices later in life.

CherryRed said:
I'd love to do something in the arts. Either create or be on stage.

I love to dance and in my far less busy days, I used to act. There was nothing better than the rush right before the curtain went up, the cathartic release of channeling all my energy into a role, or that liberated feeling of surrendering to the rhythm of my choreography. . . sigh. Life took over and I haven't been able to get that back.

Then there's writing - I love it but I haven't had time to do it since last year. Not the right way, anyway. There's something so great about just pouring out all of your thoughts onto paper; no filtering or editing or censoring. Just writing. Some of the most beautiful things have their roots in pure, simple, unapologetic honesty.

And here I am studying psychology and education. . . more practical I guess, and also areas I enjoy. I just hope I don't end up regretting my choices later in life.

Very interesting. I like to dance and write. I went to school (university) for education, yes practical, but I regret it. I should have stuck with dancing and writing. But, there is still time!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom