What is the worst pizza you have had?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As a general rule, I find even a poor pizza still OK. But here's a story.

My husband's birthday and mine are a day apart. I'd planned a great weekend for us. We got to the condo I'd reserved to find it filthy from the last tennants, so opted out of that. Then we went to a beach-side location for a picnic with all of the food I'd packed for the condo weekend, only to find the location taped off with crime scene tape and cops all over the place. Finally we decided to go to our neighborhood sushi bar for a little saki and sushi, only to find that it was out of business. Home again, we decided on a delivered pizza only to find it totally inedible. We just gave up and went to bed, having pretty much exhausted our options. The "coffee table" I had (still do) is really a Japanese table meant for dining, very wide. We left the pizza on the table as we stumbled up to bed. In the morning we got up to find that our very small puppy (no way could she even see the top of the table) and savvy cat, sitting there, bellies full, burping. Pizza on the floor. The cat had literally pulled the pizza on the floor to share it with the puppy (she cold have easily climbed up and kept the pizza to herself).

Oh, well; one's trash is another's treasure.

Oh, well; one's trash is another's treasure.

They probably would have found the condo acceptable, too ;)

I've taken to frozen pizza because of my situation. You can't beat those California Sicilian thin crust pizzas when they're on sale for 5 bucks :ermm: Beats the local pizzas anyway. I should really start making my own again, but that takes away from part of the convenience of eating pizza.

well I have to be entirely honest and say the Worst ever was one that I made myself many years ago whilst I was still trying to master the art, I had quite a few barely edible disasters.

the pizza at 6 flags-great adventure was about the worst i've ever had.

i was unable to distunguish between the box and the crust, and the cheese was really just a layer of something gooey under yellowish oil.

Before this thread, I thought there wasn't such a thing as bad pizza! :sick:

The worst pizzas I've had were still semi-edible, but I can't decide whether the worst was a particular brand of the frozen stuff or the pizza they served in the dining halls at my university. I think I've just gotten lucky since I know the good places in my hometown and my boyfriend knows the good places in his (and those are basically the only places I've lived in).

and the cheese was really just a layer of something gooey under yellowish oil.

well Imagine that with a soggyish base and loads too much topping, that was like my worst!
you needed a knife and fork to eat it and a ladle to put the topping back on coz` it all slid off, and you DON`T use Cheddar cheese else you get the yellow oil effect.

realistically I should have folded it in half a few times, shoved it in a bread tin and called it lasagna :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Worst pizza I had was in my own home. I put too many toppings on it and the crust was basically raw. It was bad. Second worst was in Olongapo, Phillipines. It consisted of a thin, cracker type crust that was very tough, and a topping of tomato soup covered with creasy cheese.

My first foray into something other than the ver good thin-crust pizzas available at local piazarias in my home town was Square-Pan Pizza in San Diego. It was my first thick crust pizza experience and I was blown away. As for pizza chains, we liked Chicago Brothers Pizza in Spokane Washington.

My tastes aren't so ecclectic that I shy away from Dominoes, or Pizza Hut. I also eat Little Ceasar's pizza. But I order the toppings I like and ask that they be put under the cheese so that the pepperoni doesn't dry out and get all salty on me. I also ask for extra sauce on all my pizzas, and make sure they have mushrooms, black olives, pepperoni, onion, and green peppers.

Actually, the Little Ceasar's in my town does a good job at cooking their pizza. I don't like the crazy bread though.

We have a little hole-in-the-wall place called Upper Crust Pizza. It changed names after being purchased from teh original owner who called it King's Pizza. They serve this thing that is like a calzone, but is shaped like a pastie and filled with whatever you like. It's called a pizza pastie and is unique to Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan. And it's a wonderful thing. Upper Crust also serves a host of gourmet pizzas that are heavenly. But they can get pricey. For the best pizza ever, I'll weigh in with the pizza pastie. It can be had with traditional pizza ingredients, or be made with taco fillings, or whatever. Yum!

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Worst pizza Experience I had ((and this will take some topping!) pun intended), was in 2000.
We flew all the way to Calgary in Canada from the UK, and tried to go to Venus Pizza, they are simply THE BEST pizzas on the planet! and I`d not had one in over 20 years!!!!!

turns out they had closed down several years prior :(:doh:

GB I had managed to forget, over these many years, that abomination that kept from trying me from eating real pizza. The 1960's elementary school pizza! The smell, look and taste, if we knew then what we know now, it would probably been classified as a boi-hazard.

you needed a knife and fork to eat it .......

You wouldn't have needed a knife AND a fork if you had one of these bad boys :wacko:

Attachments

• p33433_1.jpg
    p33433_1.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 107
:) I once spent almost two weeks just outside of Chicago I tried many places and none impressed me.I hate deep dish pizza. The one place that was pretty good was a chain there called Home Run Pizza. At home I live so far from town so delivery isn't going to happen.The grocery store in town has started carrying a frozen brand called Palermos they only carry the thin crust which is what I like anyway but that pizza is by far the best frozen pizza Ive had so far. When I travel I usually get pizza delivered to my room at least I know what to expect from Dominos. Little Ceasar and Papa Johns are terrible and I'm afraid to try the local places as I haven't had much luck with them.
I think Pizza Hut could be good if they just didn't screw around with the meat lovers,cheese stuffed crusts,double crusts etc. I also have not mastered pizza at home they are all right but again I'm tired of my own cooking.I have made with success parbaked crusts and added sauce,cheese etc and frozen them for later.Works good.

I always brought my lunch to school, that way I knew what I was eating:chef:

If you really want a ULTRA thin crust frozen pizza:
Palermos Is Pizza

The pepperoni is nice.
Their Supreme is good also real strips of bellpepper,onions thick slices of Pepperoni,real sausage etc and the sauce is good.No little cut up squares of cheap stuff.And the vegetables look and taste really fresh.By far better quality ingredients the most of the other brands.You would be pleasantly surprised how generous they are with the toppings.

Last edited:
It's really hard to mess pizza up... but it can be done. While vacationing in Mexico, we found a Pizza Inn down there. We were dying for the taste of American food so we went in and ordered a pizza. Not that the pizza was bad, but what I found odd was the slices of carrot on the pizza. Actually it was more part of the pizza sauce... big slices of carrot... that was kind of a turn-off for me. What was the deal with the carrot?

Back
Top Bottom