What is your favourite music album?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

James_T

Cook
Everyone must have an album that they consider their favourite. I'm interested to know what people choose.

Mine would be 'Philophobia' by Arab Strap.

2456-CHEM021CD.jpg

Amazon.com: Philophobia: Music: Arab Strap

Wow, you are showing age with the word "album" LOL But, I still have mine!! LOL and a player for them.

I don't have a favorite, I have oldies that were my moms and I love them all,but, if I have to choose Fat's Domino woul be the one I have played most often, but, I love the set of Oldies but Goodies too.

hey I'm 31! :)

The album will never die! I have a player too where all my CD's have been ripped and synchronised to it. I still like to buy them as a hard copy and then rip rather than just having a digital copy.

hey I'm 31! :)

The album will never die! I have a player too where all my CD's have been ripped and synchronised to it. I still like to buy them as a hard copy and then rip rather than just having a digital copy.

I'll be 40 this year. LOL
When we went to get my player about 10 years ago, my old one finally gave out, the kid, about 19, maybe 20, said , "A what??":LOL:

Oh I see, I think we've been at cross wires here. When I said favourite album - i didn't just mean vinyl records - it could be CD's too! Just an album by an atrist. What do you call them state side?

Oh I see, I think we've been at cross wires here. When I said favourite album - i didn't just mean vinyl records - it could be CD's too! Just an album by an atrist. What do you call them state side?
:LOL::LOL:
I guess I'm showing MY age then!!LOL
I hear album, I think record:ohmy::ROFLMAO:
A lot of people still say album when talking music and don't mean record. EX: Best Album of the year and all.

I'm not sure which one... but for sure it's one of John Denver's.
Love them all.

I honestly can't say I have a favorite. I have about 700 "album"s of all genre's. I definitely lean toward jazz and jazz fusion, but am not beyond stuff like Alice In Chains or Vivaldi.

Not a big country fan, especially the current country pop. Don't like contemporary pop or rap either.

Last edited:
the Byrds' "Sweetheart of the Rodeo". This was the first album the Byrds put out after Gram Parsons joined the band.....actually, anything with Gram Parsons:)

the soundtrack from the film "Heavy Metal"
I like that soundtrack, too... and a very interesting film, too!

Right NOW, I think my favorite is "The Last of the True Believers" by Nanci Griffith. Ask again next week... I might find something new!

Attachments

• Last of The True Believers.jpg
    Last of The True Believers.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 50
I have more than one favorite. Glen Miller and his orchestra Limited Edition Vol. 1 in hard case, Meatloaf Bat Out of H**l, Simon and Garfunkel Bridge over Troubled Water.

Some treasured ones are originals from my Grandfathers collection (about 50 records in all), as well as a Tribute album to the space shuttle Columbia's first launch with records from the NASA launch center, the shuttle crew, Ronald Regan making a speech about her first launch, and songs. It was made right after her first launch, long before the disaster.

I also have some fun ones from when I was a kid: The Smurfs, The Pink Panther Country Album, and the California Raisins.

And I remember Heavy Metal, cool soundtrack.

Excellent choice YT!

Favorite album of all time, that's sooo difficult to answer! I'd say it's between Led Zeppelin II, Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon and Alice in Chains Dirt.

I could list ten others that I consider all time favorites!

Oh good Lord I thought you meant records as well....:LOL:

I have some 8 tracks too, used to play them in my 78 caddy until the 8 track player on it blew a fuse. Couldn't find anyone to fix it, and I miss listening to 'Jeremiah was a bullfrog' on it.:(

Back
Top Bottom