What is your favourite thing to do...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cath4420

Senior Cook
Apart from obviously cooking, what is one or two of your favourite things to do.

I love sitting at Starbucks on a Saturday morning with my Mum discussing the week's events over a skim decaf cap and vegemite bagel.

We live about 20 mins from the Hunter Valley vineyards and I love to take a drive up there, visit the chocolate and cheese shops and try wines with my husband.

Oh I can just taste the combination of a rather large chunk caramel fudge with a bottle of Tempus Two SSB.:pig:

Honestly, I love to go to work.
I get to cook (sorta) and my kids aren't screaming and I get into a sort of Zen.
I wanted to go to cooking school but never did, I may someday after kids. I can't handle critisizm of my cooking anyway so a restaurant is not for me.
Otherwise, sitting in the sun, gardening or knitting (crocheting, whatever). Playing with the kids. Same old same old.

I love to go to the book store and look at all of their cookbooks. :wub: Then I go to their little coffee shop and get one of their big raisin oatmeal cookies.

I love when everyone goes to sleep and I stay up really late reading a good book, watching a good show on tv or being online. Sigh! Wish it was that time already.

I love going out to eat and having a nice peaceful meal with my family as well as going to our local coffee shop/bookstore (Starbucks/Barnes & Noble) reading a good book and sipping coffee.

I love going on vacation and being pampered, sighseeing beautiful places and dining at awsome restaurants.

I love laying on the sand listening to the ocean waves.

I love listening to some nice, classical music.

I love going shopping for gadgets in my kitchen and home.

Starbucks on Sunday morning with my hubby.
Spending time at our condo in Mexico, the beach is so beautiful and the sun is so warm.
Watching tv with my head on hubby's lap as he plays with my hair.
Petting my kitty cat until we both fall asleep.

reading

after cooking, i love to read. i read at least three books a month. don't read to learn things, just to enjoy . then comes sewing. pretty much do what i like as i live along.

babe

Ummm....reading, just about anything. 'Cept science fiction. I haven't acquired a taste for that yet. Used to hate historical material but I love it now. So I may read scifi one day.

I enjoy lots of different kinds of needle arts, especially crocheting and knitting. I've always got some sort of project or projects going.

Couldn't leave out lovin' and/or playin' with all our wonderful kitties. They're such a breath of fresh air and so soothing when things are stressful.

What a great thread, Cath! I don't know where to start...

Spending a day going to "junk shops". You know - the grungy "Trash & Treasures" places. I love finding a treasure that I can bring home and clean up into something delightful! This leads to renewing/refinishing projects that I also love.

Reading and awesome book til all hours of the night.

Spending a few hours late at night catching up with friends in a coffee shop.

Laying on the beach with no kids to watch or worry about.

Spending a couple of uninterrupted hours taking a long bath, giving myself a facial and painting my nails.

Sewing!!! Not mending, but creating some glorious gift for someone or a gorgeous slipcovers, window treatments, soft bed furnishings etc for my home.

Sitting on the front porch with kids and friends on a warm, mild evening.

Dancing and singing! (But not in public!!!!)

Watching movies (I'm suprised Netflix hasn't dropped me :LOL:)

Spending time playing an online computer game. I've made lots of friends all over the world.

Reading when I have the time. Sci-fi and fantasy mostly, some horror like Koontz and King.

Spending time plaing with Aspen and Cricket.

I enjoy a picnic by the sea.

I enjoy our winter vacation in Aruba every year (leaving on the 27th)

I enjoy having all my family together for a holiday

I enjoy a long weekend in Quebec City

I enjoy making my grandson laugh

I enjoy a quiet evening in front of the fireplace with my sweetheart

I love snuggling with my daughter.

I love when my son falls asleep in my arms.

I love snow days (I'm a teachers so it's still fun for me!) and just laying around the house when I am supposed to be at work.

I love spending a few hours at a coffee shop with a good friend.

When I am not being a mom, teaching, or cooking I enjoy watching movies with my husband, reading a good book, or working on a quilt with my sister-in-law.

hmmm, favorite things to do...

I love going to work and working, yet I really love when I don't have to work and do nothing.
Riding my ATV is nice, but I really love riding my motorcycle. That's probably my favorite thing to do.
Right now my favorite thing to do is wish for spring :LOL:

hmm, I don't have any hobbies anymore. I used to LOVE cutting wood with dh's scroll saw. I love to draw and would draw on the wood and cut them out. I have some hanging on my wall to remember it. Just don't have time anymore.
I am going to try my hand at knitting. Never did it or saw how before. I'm going to buy a book and ATTEMPT to teach myself. LOL
Other than that, I do love to just sit outside at night and listen to the sounds and feel the air and look at the stars.

Riding my bicycle in the trails or to the beach.
Kayaking at the beach.
Weekend trips in the northeast
playing board games with the family in front of a fire place ( lit of course )
Taking my kids to museums and other places and watching them learn new things.

hmm, I don't have any hobbies anymore. I used to LOVE cutting wood with dh's scroll saw. I love to draw and would draw on the wood and cut them out. I have some hanging on my wall to remember it. Just don't have time anymore.
I am going to try my hand at knitting. Never did it or saw how before. I'm going to buy a book and ATTEMPT to teach myself. LOL
Other than that, I do love to just sit outside at night and listen to the sounds and feel the air and look at the stars.
I taught myself to knit, Texas. I just had trouble with the casting on and the binding off so I carried my yarn and needles with me everywhere and generally found women who could help me with those things. Oddly, I had no trouble following directions in books for even complicated stitch patterns. My grandma taught me to crochet when I was a teen and I find it easier.

I am part of a modern dance company. We spend a lot of time rehearsing and I also teach a weekly class. I love dancing. It comes second only to my family. Its like meditation for me. I forget all of my problems, let go of any stress and just dance.

Spending time with my family is the best! My boys are growing so fast. Too fast. I love hearing them laugh and play together and I love it when one of them falls asleep on my chest.

Reading books, drinking tea, browsing alone in a book store, my sister and anything related to her. She's my best friend.

I thought I was the only one things that ways.I love taking my walk with my radio in my ear listening to Jazz. Going to my favorite corner to coffee shop. and talking about different issue....

Right now with the new hours I'm trying to get use to I love sleeping
Then the next best thing is spending time with a good friend and talking

Back
Top Bottom