What is your Pet Peeve?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Margi Cintrano

Washing Up
I have few pet peeves however, the major peeve I have, has nothing to do with food, wine or travelling.

The cruelty of human acts done to another human, group of human beings and / or fauna or flora.

The lack of ethics, manners and respect to fellow man / woman.

Kind regards.
Margaux Cintrano.

Good topic!

Tailgaters annoy me to no end. I tolerate them but I do admit that I have brake checked a couple drivers who were riding my bumper.

I know that's not very smart or very safe but neither is tailgating.

Another pet peeve is shoppers who block an aisle while they're checking prices on an item.

Move to the side, please!

Most of my pet peeves are driving related. Two off the top of my head...

People that drive as if they own the entire road and the rest of us are trespassers in their domain. I'm sure you've seen them. They generally fall into two camps: those who drive like maniacs and whip in and out of traffic lanes without signaling, or the opposite, those who drive 10-15 mph below the speed limit in the passing lane and refuse to move over to allow traffic through.

Second driving pet peeve - and this one happens to me at least a couple of times a day lot for some reason. You're sitting a few cars back in the left turn lane and the green arrow turns green. Invariably, the guy at the very front of the line has either fallen asleep while waiting for the light, or is busy playing with his cell phone/stereo/kids/pets/whatever. In any case, the light is green for 15 seconds before he decides to step on the gas. But does he move quickly? No. He sloooowly takes the corner as if he were towing a 60-foot boat. Because he has taken so long to move, he is the only one who gets to turn before the light turns red again. Argh! :furious:

But of course, I am a perfect driver myself. :LOL:

Last edited:
Opinionated people who ramble on and on and on trying to convince them self's and others that they are correct with out any documented "facts" to back them up. Threse kind of people would argue that the sky is not blue.:wacko:

People who are cruel and mean
People who are rude
People who think "rules" are just suggestions
People who live their lives as though there are no consequences for their behavior.
Passive aggression
Bad drivers

Guests who try to fry stuff in my omelette pan. Man, there are like, half a dozen frying pans to chose from, why pick the omelette pan just because it looks the most pristine of the lot?

Really, really annoys me, that.

Oh, and then idiots who put cold water in my sizzling hot teflon frying pans.

That pees me off no end.

I don't believe people should be allowed to keep pet peeves. Peeves should roam free without human intervention. If, however, you do insist on having a pet peeve, please have it spayed or neutered.

Last edited:
I don't believe people should be allowed to keep pet peeves. Peeves should roam free without human intervention. If, however, you do insist on having a pet peeve, please have it spayed or neutered.

In other parts of the world, peeves are not kept as pets but are a major source of cheap protein for the poorest people.

Guests who try to fry stuff in my omelette pan. Man, there are like, half a dozen frying pans to chose from, why pick the omelette pan just because it looks the most pristine of the lot?

Really, really annoys me, that.

Oh, and then idiots who put cold water in my sizzling hot teflon frying pans.

That pees me off no end.
Do you run some sort of hostel service?

In a nutshell it's people who are so distracted and self absorbed they act nearly brain dead. :wacko:

Just a few cases:

grocery cart isle hogs....that's huge!

cell phone and texting drivers....Duh!

bad drivers in general

people who talk way too much

In all the truth, I never completely understood what the "pet peeves" really means, I mean the term it self. But from reading your responces I take it it means things a person doesn't like, right? Where does the term come from then?

Well I have so many, I cannot begin to tell you.

I have a whole herd of pet peeves and you have already listed most of them.

People who insist on talking with a mouth full of food or those that chomp away like a wild beast of some sort.

People who repeat every word I say. I am not sure if they do this to buy some time to think or what but, it makes me crazy!

The older I get the more time I spend alone and the more people in general annoy me! If only they would all make an effort to be more like me!:ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I have a whole herd of pet peeves and you have already listed most of them.

People who insist on talking with a mouth full of food or those that chomp away like a wild beast of some sort.

People who repeat every word I say. I am not sure if they do this to buy some time to think or what but, it makes me crazy!

The older I get the more time I spend alone and the more people in general annoy me! If only they would all make an effort to be more like me!:ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I'm sure a lot of people would be improved by trying to be more like you.

The TV first thing in the morning...I never turn it on, someone ELSE does.

Biggest Pet peeve, people who try to talk to me before I am awake.

The TV first thing in the morning...I never turn it on, someone ELSE does.

Biggest Pet peeve, people who try to talk to me before I am awake.

A spare universal remote similar to the one in Grumpy Old Men might work!

Although it could stimulate some spirited conversation before you are fully awake! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Back
Top Bottom