What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, you'd think wouldn't you? actually I was born in California and we
moved here when I was a kid. when I was 20 I moved back to SoCal.
2 years ago we moved back here after I spent almost 20 years out there.
I actually grew up with this weather, I just never saw what an actual
flash flood was! I can tell you, it is exactly what they call it!

Like you, I was born in CA but spent 45 years in the mid-west, mostly Nebraska before I moved back here. Been through every freak type of weather they could throw at me. Makes the occasional earthquake out here seem like childs play. Don't miss it a bit.

Nebraska is pretty harsh. seems like they are always getting nailed
by something! as for this place, I hate it! I will be glad to get back
to California next spring...
all things considered, I think in the end I would prefer the weather!
I was in the Whittier quake back in what, '93 or '94?
I was never so scared in my LIFE. at least with bad weather you know
it's coming!! it looks totally innocent out there this morning! the one
thing I do love about it here is watching everything turn green again
after the winter. some days I swear you can sit and watch the leaves
unfurl on the trees. lovely. after the deluge yesterday it is sunny and
early morning chilly right now, about 55. up to 70 and sunny today.

I knw what you mean about everything turning green with the promise of new life; it's wonderful. But I was back there in the winter a couple of years ago (NE, KS, MO, IA and IL) and everything seemed so bleak and dead. I love the year-around flowers and fruits and veggies here. It's always so alive.
Heavy marine layer right now, which will burn off in a couple of hours; then upper 80's today in the valley and about 80 on the coast (8 miles west of here). Tomorrow 90's, and then 70's for a while after that.

Rain and t-storms started at about 3:30 this AM. I know because I looked at the clock when I took my FREAKED out 5 lb Yorkie to the kitchen to give her her "doggie downers", lol. Still raining now but thunder has stopped. And the dog is snoring comfortably in a heating pad on my lap. But she's not spoiled, LOL!!

I knw what you mean about everything turning green with the promise of new life; it's wonderful. But I was back there in the winter a couple of years ago (NE, KS, MO, IA and IL) and everything seemed so bleak and dead. I love the year-around flowers and fruits and veggies here. It's always so alive.
Heavy marine layer right now, which will burn off in a couple of hours; then upper 80's today in the valley and about 80 on the coast (8 miles west of here). Tomorrow 90's, and then 70's for a while after that.

yeah, winters are brutal here. it is so stark looking. and BROWN.
it's not bad if it snows, but even that gets old. watching everything
come back to life again is the best time of year here. but then you
get the humidity going into June and the mosquitoes and the spiders
as big as your hand...go onto the photos and I will post a pic of the
monster I found in my son's sandbox lid last year. it was fully the
size of my hand.
and, typical to the weather patterns out here, it got into the 30's
last night. sunny today and mid to high 60's later.

Guess I shouldn't have mentioned earthquakes - - - - - normally I don't feel them, we get so many little ones, BUT we had a dandy about 10 minutes ago that shook the house. No damage, but the epicenter must have been close.

Well, its above 0C, (35ish F) Not much though. Its snowing and the furnace just kicked in. Did I mention I was wearing shorts and a tank yesterday and got a bit of a sunburn too? Freaky weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom